• Lobbe

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Other

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • No one

Votes: 5 4.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

One thing to bear in mind with Carroll - he's still 18. Carroll's birthday is 20-Dec. It makes him just 2-3 weeks older than the likes of Nick Daicos, Josh Browne, Josh Sinn and Mitch Knevitt who are all early-Jan kids.

It's not unfair to consider him in terms of body development with these kids, rather than many of those in his draft year.

It's a consideration the recruiters need to look at. There's a lot of difference in development between the January and December kids. For that reason, it's always worth looking at the birth dates to see if perhaps there's a December gem still with a lot of development to go. This year, Darcy Wilmot and Angus Anderson are both born on 31-Dec. They're nearly a whole year younger than Daicos and Browne (3-Jan).

St. Kilda's Jack Peris is also a youngster (17-Dec). Other December babes: Jason Baird (29-Dec); Anthony Caminiti (9-Dec); Neil Erasmus (2-Dec); Jack Williams (1-Dec).

It's especially relevant for the talls like Caminiti and Williams who may be still growing. I like Williams - would be a good type for us, but would be a longer-term investment. If we were to drop 25 to mid-30s he'd be one to consider, though goes against what Austin said he's looking for.
And he has two AFL preseasons under his belt and seconds experience. Extra year of professional environment to earn his bones.

What Jones did in 2017 was phenomenal. It wasn't just a breakout year - it was a complete rejuvenation of a career that was over.

A lot of names being put forward for breakout seasons in 2022 which is great but none of them go close to what I see as truly 'doing a Jones'. Breakout years are normal, what Jones did certainly was not.

I'd say there are only two genuine contenders to 'do a Jones' in 2022 - McGovern (even though contracted through to the end of 2023) and LOB.

And circumstances may just give McGovern the opportunity to do it. Would be great if he does!

This thread is hilarious. Who would've guessed that the only player on that list to break into our best 22 and play almost every game for the next two seasons was...

Levi Casboult.
I forgot there was a poll at the top...

also a bit of grim reading haha

Kerr
Schumacher
Macreadie
Garlett
Polson

De Koning
Casboult
Lebois

JSOS
Lang
Phillips
Lobbe

Well and good. I just thing the kid has all of the necessary tools. The height, the pace, the vision and the disposal. I think he gets overlooked in a lot of the future planning on this board. I can't wait to see him at the top level.
Yeah I agree he’s a beautiful mover young Jack, cruises through traffic with ease and positions himself well to recieve has the tools to be a very good wing to start with before moving inside.

Back