Who will ex titan fans support ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Even though I was a strong supporter of Magic and Titans... I will still go for the Giants, because they are still the Titans, just without the coach, I am just glad we got saved, we just got saved by the wrong person.

Originally posted by Marissa16
Even though I was a strong supporter of Magic and Titans... I will still go for the Giants, because they are still the Titans, just without the coach, I am just glad we got saved, we just got saved by the wrong person. [/QUOTE

If I were a titan fan I couldnt do that. I would hate the giants 4eva after that and would hope they lose every match to prove them wrong. Its like Collingwood taking over Carlton , HOW COULD YOU STILL SUPPORT THEM ???

I'll just be sitting back for a few months and seeing how things pan out.

I was a bigger basketball fan when I was younger and was pretty devastated when the North Melbourne Giants merged with the Magic. Since then I really started to embrace the new team and now they're gone while the Giants (in one form or another) are back.

As it's the supporters who are getting screwed around again, I don't think we should be under any obligation to embrace the new team without firstly getting more information as to what the changes actually mean.

To answer your question Easty, it will either be the Giants or no-one.

Originally posted by sainter
I'll just be sitting back for a few months and seeing how things pan out.

I was a bigger basketball fan when I was younger and was pretty devastated when the North Melbourne Giants merged with the Magic. Since then I really started to embrace the new team and now they're gone while the Giants (in one form or another) are back.

As it's the supporters who are getting screwed around again, I don't think we should be under any obligation to embrace the new team without firstly getting more information as to what the changes actually mean.

To answer your question Easty, it will either be the Giants or no-one.

You could always jump one mighty Melbourne Tigers bandwagon

GO TIGERS...GO DEES, GO BULLS!!!

Originally posted by eastaugh36

If I were a titan fan I couldnt do that. I would hate the giants 4eva after that and would hope they lose every match to prove them wrong. Its like Collingwood taking over Carlton , HOW COULD YOU STILL SUPPORT THEM ???

Now you know how the Giants fans have felt

Originally posted by Marissa16
Even though I was a strong supporter of Magic and Titans... I will still go for the Giants, because they are still the Titans, just without the coach, I am just glad we got saved, we just got saved by the wrong person.

We have hardly got anyone signed......Smith is going to Italy (Probably) Dickel ain't coming back from N.Z....and other players are scattered everywhere to other clubs. We haven't just lost the coach here....

They were crazy to sack BG.

Originally posted by eastaugh36

Well we still have Sheridan, who I love, he is a Raiders player... same with Santamaria. We still have D-Mac, Darren Smith and Whhels. I know without Mo, Dickel, J Smith, Anstey and Egan we will be ****, but I love those other players and I hate the Melbourne Tigers more than anything, I will get over it soon. I never hated the Giants, I was always a Magic fan who hated the Tigers, not Giants... so there ya go... and I also love going to the basketball, and just because the Titans are not called Titans anymore, does not mean I wont be going to games anymore, cos they are so much fun! So I want a Melbourne team I can barrock for and I would not follow Tigers if my life depended on it.

Originally posted by Watto

(Probably) Dickel ain't coming back from N.Z....and other players are scattered everywhere to other clubs. We haven't just lost the coach here....

umm... if a player is contracted, and playing in the NZ leagues... why would u want him back?!

eagerly awaiting the return of a NZ league calibre player? haha
didnt realise that the 'big show' for some players was NZ ! :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by coxon

umm... if a player is contracted, and playing in the NZ leagues... why would u want him back?!

who said i wanted him back? I just said where he is.......thats all.

Originally posted by Squeak

That may have some merit. Supposedly you are getting Pero back...

Yeah. It actually looks like the Cannons will have a very strong line up this season. Top 6 is a definate possibility this year, and who know we may even be able to pull off an LA (Champions in both Mens and Womens), but that still seems a little far fetched.

I'm a Spectres/Magic/Titans supporter and I'm gutted.

That's it for me. Dumping the name and dumping Goorjian is too much. I'm not supporting an Australian basketball team for at least the next season or two. I was happy to transition from Spectres to Magic to Titans (and Fitzroy to Brisbane in the AFL) but that's it.

When the Spectres merged with (read: took over), it was practically the Spectres + John Dorge. So that was cool.

In the decade or so the Magic were around they really managed to build up some club identity and some great rivalries with the Tigers and (particularly) the Giants.

I was pretty pi$$ed when they merged with the Giants. It just didn't feel right. They were the enemy and they were two pretty strong clubs. We also gave up our colours. I felt like that was the beginning of the end.

To their credit, the Titans managed to perform pretty well (at least during the regular season) and act as a talent farm for the rest of the competition. I must say, though, selling guys like Sam MacKinnon, Mike Kelly etc annoyed me too. When they cut Ronaldson I was fuming, although in retrospect financial reasons were probably the dominant factor in those decisions.

Finally we have the ultimate indignity of being taken over by a bunch of North Melbourne people who didn't get their own way during the merger and want to rewrite history.

The only solace I get is that the Victoria Giants surely can't last long if they keep making dumb decisions like the name change and the coach change. Way to disenfranchise ex-Magic fans, guys. And, there's a reason the Victoria Titans were such a good team - because they had the winningest coach and the best program for young talent in this league. Seems to me that'd be handy in a rebuilding phase.

Most of all, I'm angry at the NBL. How incompetent are they that we can't have two viable clubs in Melbourne? We used to have FIVE! Ok, maybe the Saints and Geelong were small but we should at least still have three. Where exactly does the $20 I pay to attend games go anyway? The NBL is neck-and-neck with Soccer Australia for the worst-run sports organisation at the moment.

Arrrrgh! I'm going to take a cold shower.

Originally posted by blackers
I'm a Spectres/Magic/Titans supporter and I'm gutted.

That's it for me. Dumping the name and dumping Goorjian is too much. I'm not supporting an Australian basketball team for at least the next season or two. I was happy to transition from Spectres to Magic to Titans (and Fitzroy to Brisbane in the AFL) but that's it.

When the Spectres merged with (read: took over), it was practically the Spectres + John Dorge. So that was cool.

In the decade or so the Magic were around they really managed to build up some club identity and some great rivalries with the Tigers and (particularly) the Giants.

I was pretty pi$$ed when they merged with the Giants. It just didn't feel right. They were the enemy and they were two pretty strong clubs. We also gave up our colours. I felt like that was the beginning of the end.

To their credit, the Titans managed to perform pretty well (at least during the regular season) and act as a talent farm for the rest of the competition. I must say, though, selling guys like Sam MacKinnon, Mike Kelly etc annoyed me too. When they cut Ronaldson I was fuming, although in retrospect financial reasons were probably the dominant factor in those decisions.

Finally we have the ultimate indignity of being taken over by a bunch of North Melbourne people who didn't get their own way during the merger and want to rewrite history.

The only solace I get is that the Victoria Giants surely can't last long if they keep making dumb decisions like the name change and the coach change. Way to disenfranchise ex-Magic fans, guys. And, there's a reason the Victoria Titans were such a good team - because they had the winningest coach and the best program for young talent in this league. Seems to me that'd be handy in a rebuilding phase.

Most of all, I'm angry at the NBL. How incompetent are they that we can't have two viable clubs in Melbourne? We used to have FIVE! Ok, maybe the Saints and Geelong were small but we should at least still have three. Where exactly does the $20 I pay to attend games go anyway? The NBL is neck-and-neck with Soccer Australia for the worst-run sports organisation at the moment.

Arrrrgh! I'm going to take a cold shower.

Yes. Its a pity other titan fans werent like you ! I would be if I was a titan fan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back