Prediction Who will finish higher in 2019 - Richmond, West Coast, Collingwood or Melbourne?

Who will finish higher?

• Richmond

Votes: 196 38.6%
  • West Coast

Votes: 157 30.9%
  • Collingwood

Votes: 99 19.5%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 56 11.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a silly comparison.

Lycett, a very good ruckman in his own right, replaced Naitanui. Vardy was able to step up as R2.

Richmond's whole defence is supported by Rance as the linchpin. He not only quells his own man he reads the play so well and is so athletic that he covers and intercepts for his teammates.

This is massive for Richmond.

So you are saying we had depth and were able to cover our star player and talisman being out? That's a sign of a deep squad. In fact our three outs were covered exceptionally well by Vardy/Sheed and Schofield.

The loss of Rance will help highlight whether it's system or talent that has got Richmond up. Because as it stands a corked quad to one player has already shown to completely upset the applecart.

I thought Richmond fans told us that having a dream injury run wasn’t lucky, it was supposedly better injury management and more resilient players.

Tigers rode their luck with injury to a flag in 2017.

The great sides can overcome tough injury runs and still challenge for flags, Tigers failed when confronted with the sniffles in 2018, so interesting to watch whether they stand up in 2019 if they do actually get a bad run.

Funny how bigfooty are rating Rance now.
Before the injury,he was the worst defender for the last three years,after the injury,he will be a massive blow to Richmond.

Fruitloop footy.

Anyone with more than a couple of functioning brain cells as a bare minimum rated Rance.

Draw your own conclusions from that

Anyone with more than a couple of functioning brain cells as a bare minimum rated Rance.

Draw your own conclusions from that

Well, that rules out most of BF.

It's a silly comparison.

Lycett, a very good ruckman in his own right, replaced Naitanui. Vardy was able to step up as R2.

Gaff played 3/4s of the year. He didn't miss from round 2 like Rance will be. You were top 2 on the ladder when Naitanui vacated the side. And while he's a very good player it's a bit easier replacing an outside accumulator than a generational key defender.

Sheppard is a good player, but every side can manage losing a Brad Sheppard type player if they're a decent team.

Richmond's whole defence is supported by Rance as the linchpin. He not only quells his own man he reads the play so well and is so athletic that he covers and intercepts for his teammates.

This is massive for Richmond.

Like I said if Richmond are good enough, they can cover his loss as West Coast and the Pies did.

I'm sure losing Alex at the start of the season hurts, but the benefit could be they have more time to develop their back 6 chemistry.

Gaff was AA and leading our club B&F when he was suspended. Mr Lycett is capable, but will likely never be an AA calibre ruckman. Mr Sheppard is underrated, similar to Jetta at MFC and many people were tipping Jordan D. to destroy WCE in 1 on 1 situations out of the goal square in the GF.

If Richmond are good enough, they will cover for the loss.

I thought Richmond fans told us that having a dream injury run wasn’t lucky, it was supposedly better injury management and more resilient players.

The great sides can overcome tough injury runs and still challenge for flags, Tigers failed when confronted with the sniffles in 2018, so interesting to watch whether they stand up in 2019 if they do actually get a bad run.
ACL bad management??? Grow up and worry about beating Geelong before posting tripe like this. You have to back up your 2018 season and in the end you were like 17 other sides - also rans. Forget the PF it is 2019 and only next week counts.

First serious injury in a few years and Tigers fall from flag favourites. Says what everyone already thought about their list. They're one more away from not making finals at all.

If anyone ever said ACL injuries aren’t mainly luck of the draw, they were in a tiny minority. If we have an injury crisis based on soft tissue injuries and players re injuring after coming back, then you’ll have a point. As it stands we’ve had one player go down with an ACL. A good player. But there isn’t exactly a pattern is there?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First serious injury in a few years and Tigers fall from flag favourites. Says what everyone already thought about their list. They're one more away from not making finals at all.
We fell from favourites to 2nd favourites. Massive.

If Collingwood hypothetically lost Grundy for the season (and that’s never what you want to see, but we’ll consider it for the hypothetical), we’d probably jump back up to be flag favourites.

Definitely a chance.

Unlike port, absolutely no chance for you guys unfortunately.
Not sure what my club has to do with it? About as irrelevant as Richmond are for the rest of the season...

Funny how bigfooty are rating Rance now.
Before the injury,he was the worst defender for the last three years,after the injury,he will be a massive blow to Richmond.

Fruitloop footy.

Well ... I suppose in much the same way Tom Mitchell went from Brownlow medallist, who gets 40 innocuous possessions each week, to Tom Mitchell Bownlow Medal winning damaging midfielder.

Remember Richmond were creamed by Adelaide in rd 2 last year....Adelaide didn't make finals...Richmond finished 18-4

Celebrated 5 time AA fullback rancey pants and nick Riewoldts brother didn’t have injuries either last year. I have always said Richmond was a finely balanced pile of s**t ready to topple.....enjoy the slide back to irrelevance

Remember Richmond were creamed by Adelaide in rd 2 last year....Adelaide didn't make finals...Richmond finished 18-4

Your hatred for Collingwood is blinding any chance of an unbiased opinion.

Btw, West Coast are a brilliant side and most of their fans are top blokes and pretty humble so my comment is directed at you alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back