Prediction Who will finish higher in 2019 - Richmond, West Coast, Collingwood or Melbourne?

Who will finish higher?

• Richmond

Votes: 196 38.6%
  • West Coast

Votes: 157 30.9%
  • Collingwood

Votes: 99 19.5%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 56 11.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Seeing as this has been done for the other teams in the competition, as it stands these four clubs are the four most likely to win the flag in 2019 according to the bookies like Sportsbet and TAB.

My answer will be biased so no comment. :cool:

Gamble responsibly.

This is a great poll.

WCE- Will only get stronger with Gaff back who is an absolute star plus getting NikNat who is unarguably a top 3 ruckman in the league will propel them higher (if you can get higher than 1st). Should not lose more than 1-2 games at home and have proven they can win any where in the country even if they need to come from behind (see the 18 GF). They should be favorites from this group, my only knock is how hard it is to win back to back premierships

Richmond- Were the best h&a team of 2018 and the premiers of 2017. Have improved their list by signing arguably the best CHF in the league. Should bounce back from their only bad game being the PF in 2018. Will be hard to argue against them dominating once again.

Collingwood- Imo were not that impressive for most of the season but knew how to win. Their first two finals were ok but then in the PF really showed their skill. Their PF win was amazing and half way through the second quarter final of the GF were the premiers but just couldn't hold on. Add Beams (who is a top 5-10 mid in the league) and they look bloody amazing. For their deficiencies in the back and forward halves they look head and shoulders above all other teams in the midfield. I am shocked that anyone could predict them to fall.

Melbourne - A bit like Collingwood as their h&a form was patchy but come finals time showed they can win. Lost Hogan but he wasn't there for the finals and replaced him with May to shore up their deficiency down back. Arguably the most balanced team of the l0t (but that is very subjective) but also dont have the stars across the ground that the others do. Unlike the teams above most of their predicted improvement will come from youth maturing (which is no guarantee)

As a betting man I would have the odds like this

$2.50 Richmond
$2.80 West Coast
$3.50 Collingwood
$5 Melbourne

I think Melbourne are the team at value odds but also the most risky bet.

If I had to put my house on it, I would be on Richmond

This is a great poll.

WCE- Will only get stronger with Gaff back who is an absolute star plus getting NikNat who is unarguably a top 3 ruckman in the league will propel them higher (if you can get higher than 1st). Should not lose more than 1-2 games at home and have proven they can win any where in the country even if they need to come from behind (see the 18 GF). They should be favorites from this group, my only knock is how hard it is to win back to back premierships

Richmond- Were the best h&a team of 2018 and the premiers of 2017. Have improved their list by signing arguably the best CHF in the league. Should bounce back from their only bad game being the PF in 2018. Will be hard to argue against them dominating once again.

Collingwood- Imo were not that impressive for most of the season but knew how to win. Their first two finals were ok but then in the PF really showed their skill. Their PF win was amazing and half way through the second quarter final of the GF were the premiers but just couldn't hold on. Add Beams (who is a top 5-10 mid in the league) and they look bloody amazing. For their deficiencies in the back and forward halves they look head and shoulders above all other teams in the midfield. I am shocked that anyone could predict them to fall.

Melbourne - A bit like Collingwood as their h&a form was patchy but come finals time showed they can win. Lost Hogan but he wasn't there for the finals and replaced him with May to shore up their deficiency down back. Arguably the most balanced team of the l0t (but that is very subjective) but also dont have the stars across the ground that the others do. Unlike the teams above most of their predicted improvement will come from youth maturing (which is no guarantee)

As a betting man I would have the odds like this

$2.50 Richmond
$2.80 West Coast
$3.50 Collingwood
$5 Melbourne

I think Melbourne are the team at value odds but also the most risky bet.

If I had to put my house on it, I would be on Richmond

I think the Pies finals were very even. They opened and ended with a very hard fought loss to the Eagles. Their mids applied the blowtorch early in every final, and dominated every game.

The difference in the PF, I have to say, was the Tigers defence didn't hold up well without support from further up the ground. They gave up mark's in front of goal way too often, and they couldn't stay in it.

It was just one game though, as you say.

As for next year who knows. I think these sides probably make up two spots in the top 4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After 22 rnds:
West Coast-Can't see no reason the premiers finishing anywhere bar top with Gaff & Nic Nat coming back.
Dees-Think they would have learnt some valuable lessions from the prelim.
Tigers-The PF loss will be the motivation along with the addition of Lynch.
Pies-Came good at the right time of the year.Not sure how they will go in 19.

Based on history, one club will drop out of the top four.

Think it could be Richmond or Collingwood.
West Coast to finish on top after H&A.

Collingwoods harder draw will see them slip from top 4 IMO. Richmond will be there abouts again.
The harder draw, for whom. When your better than your opponent it doesnt matter.
Injuries last year fast tracked the entire list. I see the pies dominating the competition in 19 / 20. 1/2 finish

Tigers will be the ones to slip. A top tier of talented but aging stars followed a long list role players. 6th

You think the pies draw is hard, just going by that have a look at the demons draw, will lucky to not finish below 12th.

Eagles what can i say, premiers and top of tree, will be no different in 19. 1/2 finish.

The harder draw, for whom. When your better than your opponent it doesnt matter.
Injuries last year fast tracked the entire list. I see the pies dominating the competition in 19 / 20. 1/2 finish

Tigers will be the ones to slip. A top tier of talented but aging stars followed a long list role players. 6th

You think the pies draw is hard, just going by that have a look at the demons draw, will lucky to not finish below 12th.

Eagles what can i say, premiers and top of tree, will be no different in 19. 1/2 finish.

I assume you're taking the piss with this post right?

I assume you're taking the piss with this post right?
No taking piss. Demons will not make the 8 ill save this for a later in 2019 laugh. Im calling it a queens birthday season on line for demons, which wont turn out to good for you guys.

Back