Prediction Who will finish higher in 2019 - Western Bulldogs, Port Adelaide or North Melbourne?

Who will finish higher?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Polec and Hall are great inclusions for North. Port better hope they finish higher, they threw the kitchen sink at players in 2017, so if they drop, there will be hell to pay. And the Dogs, I have no idea. They could finish top 4 or bottom 4 for all I know.

North for me. Were in finals contention last year with a supposed wooden spoon team, and Polec and Hall both have potential to be elite on their day. A lot has to go right, but if it does, don't count them out of a flag chance (Yeah I said it). Brown will stamp himself as the best FF in the comp in 2019.

Guys like Ahern and Simpkin (pick 7 and pick 12) are now prperly fit for their first time in their careers. Add to that Anderson.

If guys like Garner and Jacobs can stay fit, they have shown they can produce top shelf footy.

And the additions are good, but Dom Tyson will probably be the most important of the lot, especially given it means Ziebell can play fwd all the time now.

Guys like Ahern and Simpkin (pick 7 and pick 12) are now prperly fit for their first time in their careers. Add to that Anderson.

If guys like Garner and Jacobs can stay fit, they have shown they can produce top shelf footy.

And the additions are good, but Dom Tyson will probably be the most important of the lot, especially given it means Ziebell can play fwd all the time now.

What is simpkin’s issue and is Ahern playing?

I wonder if Josh Kelly is having second thoughts about leaving us to join North after seeing what's happened to Dylan Shiel since he left us and throw in the current predicament of North to boot.

Kelly would have rocks in his head coming to North if we continue the way we are going.

It is like they forgot what football is over the summer.

I wonder if Josh Kelly is having second thoughts about leaving us to join North after seeing what's happened to Dylan Shiel since he left us and throw in the current predicament of North to boot.

He’s staying, so I don’t see why you should be stressed at all.

Think our results so far flatter us a bit. The Bulldogs look like a genuine side this year. They’re my pick for best of the 3

Think our results so far flatter us a bit. The Bulldogs look like a genuine side this year. They’re my pick for best of the 3

Port lucky Melbourne are in a hole and to get Carlton at home but you can only beat who is in front of you.

But a bunch of debutants, no Wines, Dixon, Hartlett, Wingard gone... Don't sell your team too short.

Was everyone a year out with their north doom predictions?

Alarmingly brad scott was complaining about the new rules making it a different game. Wasn’t he on the committee that changed them? Why haven’t north adjusted?

Alarmingly brad scott was complaining about the new rules making it a different game. Wasn’t he on the committee that changed them? Why haven’t north adjusted?
That was a weird comment - both sides play under the 6,6,6 restrictions.

North have one of the best rucks in the competition and one of the best inside mids (Cunnington) so complaining about clearances doesn't sound like a strong point either. I'd say it's a coaching issue more than anything, north have enough quality in the centre to not get smashed if they set up correctly.

North have the best side of the three on paper IMO but for whatever reason it's not gelling.

I'd back us to finish ahead of the Bulldogs. North should finish above both if they can get their shot together but they look a long way off of doing so at this moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bulldogs are the best this year out of the 3 sides from what I've seen but also the most inconsistent.

Port will likely finish higher than them based on consistency. North to finish the lowest of the 3 sides.

Dogs losing to GC and Carlton B2B really has stuffed the season up. Should have been 6 and 3 with the close losses against Geel, Freo (Away) and Coll at the G the blemishes on the map. Hard to gauge who is the best out of Dogs or Port due to Port having a casualty ward for an injury list. Super impressed with the young blokes they have got coming through...

Got to be worried as a North supporter I think they are going to have to bottom out again soon but they just topped up at FA?

Bulldogs are the best this year out of the 3 sides from what I've seen but also the most inconsistent.

Port will likely finish higher than them based on consistency. North to finish the lowest of the 3 sides.

I mean, our 'best' did result in a belting of the reigning premiers at Optus Stadium, so not sure I can agree with you there.

Now that Brad Scott is gone, I have this feeling about North Melbourne having a dead cat bounce, which may be enough for them to finish the highest out of this group.

Now that Brad Scott is gone, I have this feeling about North Melbourne having a dead cat bounce, which may be enough for them to finish the highest out of this group.
I'd highly doubt this happens. Port adelaide are a mid-table team and will win some more games this year, although probably not enough to make finals. I think the bulldogs are just about the most capable team out of these 3, bont, macrae, libba, hunter, wallis, dunkley, smith, maclean is a good enough midfield to compete with just about anyone on their day.

Bulldogs/Port same number of wins(10-11 i reckon)

North Melbourne 7-8 wins

I'd highly doubt this happens. Port adelaide are a mid-table team and will win some more games this year, although probably not enough to make finals. I think the bulldogs are just about the most capable team out of these 3, bont, macrae, libba, hunter, wallis, dunkley, smith, maclean is a good enough midfield to compete with just about anyone on their day.

Bulldogs/Port same number of wins(10-11 i reckon)

North Melbourne 7-8 wins

Time will tell I guess.

There dead cat bounce was winning this weekend, don’t think it’ll last personally.

There dead cat bounce was winning this weekend, don’t think it’ll last personally.

Dead cat bounces are fairly common under new coaches, just hope for North's sake they don't get sucked into thinking they're not far off from contending and top up again this off season with B grade recruits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back