Prediction Who will finish higher - Melbourne, Essendon, Adelaide or Hawthorn

Who finishes higher in 2019?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

You wonder what mental effect being dumped out of the finals in straight sets, twice in the last 3 years that you have played finals, will have on a young team.

Last edited:
You wonder what mental effect being dumped out of the finals in straight sets, twice in the last 3 years that you have played finals, will have on a young team.
Lol mate ure right the playing group and supporters have been scarred since 2015. Its been really sad for our long suffering supporters

He cost you a game doing just that
I suspect I'm more familiar with the player than you. He needs to improve his game and like ALL players he's guilty of mistakes and turnovers, however, I'm also aware of the value he brings to the bulk of his possessions. He's 7th in the competition for goal assists for a reason.

There's also a tonne of improvement left in him.

I suspect I'm more familiar with the player than you. He needs to improve his game and like ALL players he's guilty of mistakes and turnovers, however, I'm also aware of the value he brings to the bulk of his possessions. He's 7th in the competition for goal assists for a reason.

There's also a tonne of improvement left in him.

Never said there wasn't. Truc has a massive cieling. Doesn't change the fact he loves banging it long to the opposition.

I'm not saying that's all he does. I just don't see him as someone who gets "high value for almost every possession"
He makes things happen more than most Melbourne players with his ball use.

He does things most Melbourne players don't with his ball use.

I love when he has the ball in his hands, because he often makes things happen.

I'm not really into tennis and I'm not female, so I don't need the last word.

Never said there wasn't. Truc has a massive cieling. Doesn't change the fact he loves banging it long to the opposition.
Sometimes in a developing team I think that's somewhat lack of confidence in your teamates.
If it is he needs to change his game, no argument.

Treloar used to drive me nuts in 2015 doing the same. With Shiel and Scully out in the back half of the season we couldn't transition outside. His reponse was to go long to the best contest option he could see, or just go long under pressure inside.

It's out of his game now, and I'm sure the Pies are happy about that.

Does the level of expectation wider football community create pressure for the Demons?

I think it does, It's also a case for us as well, everyone knows that we haven't won a final in over 5000 days(Hawks fans can provide the exact number :p)

The mental side of the game is more important now than ever before, the players need to deal with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think the Hawks will play finals in 2019, anywhere from 5th-8th finish.

Melbourne a chance to fall out of the 8, badly exposed in the finals, and could struggle with a tougher draw and the weight of expectation.

They aren't the most mentally tough side around

One club? I know of two other clubs that have dedicated and popular threads to their second team.
To be fair, it wasn't started by 'the club', it was started by bigfooty fans.

So it's more correct to say "only one club's fans on bigfooty....." even though that's incorrect as well.

Fairly clumsy post by old mate there.

Think the Hawks will play finals in 2019, anywhere from 5th-8th finish.

Melbourne a chance to fall out of the 8, badly exposed in the finals, and could struggle with a tougher draw and the weight of expectation.

They aren't the most mentally tough side around
Hahaha. Exposed in finals.

We won two finals in 2018, i.e. the same amount Judd won in his eight years at Carlton.

To be fair, it wasn't started by 'the club', it was started by bigfooty fans.

So it's more correct to say "only one club's fans on bigfooty....." even though that's incorrect as well.

Fairly clumsy post by old mate there.

All very true. My mistake. It is the big footy posters from Hawthorn who are truly the most head*ed.

Not the actual club itself.

Anyway - back on track before Gralin cracks it - there does seem to be a really heavy objection to any suggestion that hawks could repeat last years effort (15 wins) or improve despite adding someone of Wingard's quality to the line up.

If I had to put my life on the line for it I'd say we'll finish 5-8th.

Anyway - back on track before Gralin cracks it - there does seem to be a really heavy objection to any suggestion that hawks could repeat last years effort (15 wins) or improve despite adding someone of Wingard's quality to the line up.

It's like, it's like you're giving no homage to the considered view going into 2019 that a team with more than 40% of their best 22 being 30 years plus, will flounder.

You'd put your life on Hawthorn making finals?

I think Melbourne will win the flag so Melbourne.

Back