Preview Who will finish higher - Melbourne, Western Bulldogs, St Kilda or Hawthorn

Who will finish higher?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah Saints supporters, the kind of people who epitomize failure. Supporters who are breed to not only embrace, but celebrate failure. A club that wins spoons at an ever incredible rate. A club that releases dvds called the streak if they somehow win 4 or 5 games on the trot.

I am suprised that a team that supposedly had 6 or 7 A grade players 12 weeks ago now finds itself 1-1-10.

12 weeks ago all we heard was Billings is a star blab blah blah. Now he is plying his trade in the vfl.

12 weeks ago McCartin was going to replace Reiwoldt (who wasnt needed anymore). Wait until he plays continuously we were told. Less than 10 possessions and less than a goal a game average later........

12 weeks ago Saints supporters were telling us they were better than Melbourne. Now they are trying to bag a team that loses its first game in 7 weeks.

I guess they are just secretly upset Carlton are as bad as they are and potentially keeping them from another spoon

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'm not sure why some saints fans are still hanging around trolling demons fans given your team hasn't won a game in 11 matches, which is one away from being the equal 7th worst run in your club's history. The bigfooty hivemind managed to peg your team correctly this season; if anything you've performed worse than even what many of the clubs' critics predicted. I predicted the saints wouldn't make the eight and that their team was mediocre, but I didn't expect this sharp fall from grace. Footscray fans have run along, and it's time for you too unless you're actually going to contribute something to the thread.

Mate, you're a dummy.

You think wins over Collingwood and Geelong in rounds one and two mean something in round 12.

Thick as a brick.

More deflection, and you're padding out your meaningless drivel by calling me dumb twice in the same post.

I'd write more about Melbourne's wins against current top 8 sides, but that short story doesn't fit my verbose style.

More deflection, and you're padding out your meaningless drivel by calling me dumb twice in the same post.

I'd write more about Melbourne's wins against current top 8 sides, but that short story doesn't fit my verbose style.
Could say the same about Hawthoen’s loss to Brisbane

Hahahaha ‘nobody is caring about the saints’ - says the Melbourne supporter who constantly talks about the saints. Enjoy your cheese platter hombre.
As I previously stated, my original post was in response to a StKilda supporter stating Melbourne have served up rubbish for a long time. I merely pointed out that with 1 flag in over 120 years of footy, I'd argue the Saints have served up shite for a hell of a lot longer.
I do not care about your club and like I said, it appears many of their current list couldn't give 2 sh*ts either.
What do you have against cheese? Do they not serve cheese down in Seaford?
Just relax mate, surely things can only go up from here for the Saints.

Ah Saints supporters, the kind of people who epitomize failure. Supporters who are breed to not only embrace, but celebrate failure. A club that wins spoons at an ever incredible rate. A club that releases dvds called the streak if they somehow win 4 or 5 games on the trot.

I am suprised that a team that supposedly had 6 or 7 A grade players 12 weeks ago now finds itself 1-1-10.

12 weeks ago all we heard was Billings is a star blab blah blah. Now he is plying his trade in the vfl.

12 weeks ago McCartin was going to replace Reiwoldt (who wasnt needed anymore). Wait until he plays continuously we were told. Less than 10 possessions and less than a goal a game average later........

12 weeks ago Saints supporters were telling us they were better than Melbourne. Now they are trying to bag a team that loses its first game in 7 weeks.

I guess they are just secretly upset Carlton are as bad as they are and potentially keeping them from another spoon

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
12 weeks ago their coach said they were a chance at a flag this year didn't he?

12 weeks ago their coach said they were a chance at a flag this year didn't he?
tbf if they win their last 10 they could potentially still win the flag

As I previously stated, my original post was in response to a StKilda supporter stating Melbourne have served up rubbish for a long time. I merely pointed out that with 1 flag in over 120 years of footy, I'd argue the Saints have served up shite for a hell of a lot longer.
I do not care about your club and like I said, it appears many of their current list couldn't give 2 sh*ts either.
What do you have against cheese? Do they not serve cheese down in Seaford?
Just relax mate, surely things can only go up from here for the Saints.
Hahahahahaha, sounds like you don’t care mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good news Saints fans. You're still roughly 1% chance to make the eight.

Dfn_5PmU8AAxCv-.jpg

Be quiet and let the Saints and Dees supporters argue, it's more entertaining :)

Melbourne went over a decade without beating us so their salty supporters are making the most of their superiority by sinking the boots in while they can.

Melbourne went over a decade without beating us so their salty supporters are making the most of their superiority by sinking the boots in while they can.
bit early in the year to be thinking superior thoughts though, i prefer to gloat after the flag, you know just in case it's 2012 and not 2014

this outdoes anything anyone else has ever done on or off the field

511097_eb1a1d44763beea1fbdfc28e56cd1997.gif

I dont get it tho, enjoy your ride, the need for confirmation from Melboune fans in this thread is embarrassing
Melbourne was s**t for a decade and that's the best you could come up with?

Here's something from this century you can genuinely laugh at:

Patrick+McCartin+2014+AFL+Draft+gJ5O4UJxFpGl.jpg

He's probably in line to be your next captain too :$:$:$

The race between Melbourne and Hawthorn will be interesting. My predictions obviously.

Hawthorn

Adelaide W
Gold Coast W
@ GWS L
@ Footscray W
Brisbane W
@ Carlton W
@ Fremantle W
Essendon W
Geelong L
@ St Kilda W
@ Sydney L

Finish off 8-3 and finish 14-8, lower tiers of the eight. Matches against the giants, swans away and cats and crows at the MCG are big. Should beat the suns, dogs, lions, blues, dockers, bombers and saints fairly easily. Have a softish run with only three matches outside Victoria/Tasmania, one of them being a match against the dockers.

Melbourne

@ Port L
St Kilda W
Fremantle W
Footscray W
@ Geelong L
@ Adelaide W
Gold Coast W
Sydney L
@ West Coast L
GWS W

Tougher run home than Hawthorn. Finish off 6-4 and finish 14-8, lower tiers of the eight. Matches against Port and Adelaide in Adelaide and GWS and Sydney in Melbourne are big. Should put away the saints, dockers, dogs and suns at home fairly easily. Honestly don't give them much a chance against the cats or eagles away.

Gut feeling tells me that Melbourne finish higher due to their scoring power, which will make their percentage better. Both will probably finish around 5-8 and might play each other in a final. Expect thread activity to explode if this happens. But given my tipping skills, expect none of this to happen :eek:

As for the rest I wont go into detail too much, but I will say that the saints are probably favourites in one to two matches from now on in.

@ Gold Coast ?
@ Melbourne L
@ Port L
Carlton ?
Richmond L
@ GWS L
Footscray L
@ Essendon L
Hawthorn L
North L

Don't beat blues or suns, and they're a good chance to go 1-1-20, their worst season since 1955 when they went 1-17 and finished with the spoon. It would be unprecedented for Richardson to be kept on. But he's already in unprecedented territory anyway, as he's the only saints coach to coach 100 games without coaching a final, and among saints coaches with 100+ games, has the worst winning record. He now has a worse record than Watters who he replaced (34% versus 38.63%). And historically, not many coaches in their fifth year have survived such poor form. If history tells us anything, expect a review of the review at the end of the year.

at this point Dees are in the box seat to finish highest which was what everyone predicted at the start of the year

still a long way to go to see how it all pans out though

I think its late enough in the season to safely say all 4 are actually pretty ordinary and probably just making up the numbers this year. Not sure the order matters that much except in so far as draft picks for 2019

Gut feeling tells me that Melbourne finish higher due to their scoring power, which will make their percentage better. Both will probably finish around 5-8 and might play each other in a final. Expect thread activity to explode if this happens. But given my tipping skills, expect none of this to happen :eek:

I think your predictions are about as accurate as they can be looking half a season into the future. I'd also expect Melbourne's percentage to be the difference, especially as we've completely lost our scoring Mojo since beating Melbourne. I suspect we'll likely drop at least one of the games you've marked as down to win, but I'd also be surprised if we didn't pick up a win against one of GWS, Geelong, Sydney too (although I'd also have them all down as more likely to be losses right now).

Going into the Brisbane game with 6 changes and the final 5 minute fade out against Sydney have basically cost us a very gettable top 4 spot. If we can do 14-8 from here, then 16-6 was easily top 4 last year. Which isn't to say I think we deserved top 4, in fact it is hard to pick out teams that do right now to be honest.

In any case, if we can't fix our forward half efficiency we'll be lucky to get to 14-8 and will likely miss the 8 by a similar margin to what we did last year. I'd hung my hat on Rioli being our forward line saviour, but that doesn't seem likely now. Birchall also still seems to be many weeks away, whose return would allow us to move a defender with scoring ability down forward (possibly Burgoyne as in earlier in the season, some think moving a close AA form defender in Sicily down forward might be worth a shot too given how much ball we are getting forward with such little reward).

Last edited:
As for the rest I wont go into detail too much, but I will say that the saints are probably favourites in one to two matches from now on in.

@ Gold Coast ?
@ Melbourne L
@ Port L
Carlton ?
Richmond L
@ GWS L
Footscray L
@ Essendon L
Hawthorn L
North L

Don't beat blues or suns, and they're a good chance to go 1-1-20, their worst season since 1955 when they went 1-17 and finished with the spoon. It would be unprecedented for Richardson to be kept on. But he's already in unprecedented territory anyway, as he's the only saints coach to coach 100 games without coaching a final, and among saints coaches with 100+ games, has the worst winning record. He now has a worse record than Watters who he replaced (34% versus 38.63%). And historically, not many coaches in their fifth year have survived such poor form. If history tells us anything, expect a review of the review at the end of the year.
Good analysis there champ.

Back