Preview Who will finish higher - Melbourne, Western Bulldogs, St Kilda or Hawthorn

Who will finish higher?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Given the high weighting I apply to JLT games, we can safely remove Hawthorn from this discussion
I’m guessing the weighting changed after half time. :D

It didn't, but it seems you have problems on that front.
And now your offended because the joke went over your head and all you really wanted was a pissing contest over a JLT game.

Whereas Essendon's problem is they can't see the writing on the wall
#standbyhird
#oversoon

How can they see it when they don't document anything?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can’t remember if I’ve posted here or not, but from what I’ve seen there is the standard bitch fighting going on. I’ll put my two cents in.

Dogs
Melbourne
Hawthorn
St Kilda

Dogs (5th) - I believe, and from all reports, they are looking like a better unit this year. I think 2017 was a big reality check for them and they struggled because they had certain players targeted, Boyd still pretty inconsistent, troubles off field, and just didn’t get a good run at it although they did look good in patches. If they can get more consistent, and sort the off field nonsense out, they’ll be a good top 8 side again. They’ve got good leaders down there and I am tipping them to be top 6.

Melbourne (6th) - I think this is the year for finals. We’ve finally got a list together that is sound in all areas with a good blend of youth and maturity. Our biggest roadblock will be our mental capacity. If we can find ways to win games through sheer hard work and determination, the sky is the limit for this group who I think is as good as GWS.

Hawthorn (10th) - In a development phase with senior players exiting the last few years and maybe more to come soon. Good mid tier bracket players and some promising kids. Remind me a bit of an 04/05 Hawthorn. The draft/trading over the next few years will determine whether they’ll be a force again soon. They’ll cause some good upsets this year, and will probably be on the end of a belting or two, but I’d be optimistic as a Hawks fan.

St Kilda (13th) - Will be another development year for the Saints. Lost a lot of experience recently and the gun is firmly on the next tier. Steven, Billings, Bruce etc. A lot will depend on the development and fitness of young players. The key for them is get games into the young group and get them through the year injury free. Richardson won’t have much time before fans and the club get impatient so he has to have a solid core group ready to assault the top 8 next year, because this year there’ll just be too much competition.

I can’t remember if I’ve posted here or not, but from what I’ve seen there is the standard bitch fighting going on. I’ll put my two cents in.

Dogs
Melbourne
Hawthorn
St Kilda

Dogs (5th) - I believe, and from all reports, they are looking like a better unit this year. I think 2017 was a big reality check for them and they struggled because they had certain players targeted, Boyd still pretty inconsistent, troubles off field, and just didn’t get a good run at it although they did look good in patches. If they can get more consistent, and sort the off field nonsense out, they’ll be a good top 8 side again. They’ve got good leaders down there and I am tipping them to be top 6.

Melbourne (6th) - I think this is the year for finals. We’ve finally got a list together that is sound in all areas with a good blend of youth and maturity. Our biggest roadblock will be our mental capacity. If we can find ways to win games through sheer hard work and determination, the sky is the limit for this group who I think is as good as GWS.

Hawthorn (10th) - In a development phase with senior players exiting the last few years and maybe more to come soon. Good mid tier bracket players and some promising kids. Remind me a bit of an 04/05 Hawthorn. The draft/trading over the next few years will determine whether they’ll be a force again soon. They’ll cause some good upsets this year, and will probably be on the end of a belting or two, but I’d be optimistic as a Hawks fan.

St Kilda (13th) - Will be another development year for the Saints. Lost a lot of experience recently and the gun is firmly on the next tier. Steven, Billings, Bruce etc. A lot will depend on the development and fitness of young players. The key for them is get games into the young group and get them through the year injury free. Richardson won’t have much time before fans and the club get impatient so he has to have a solid core group ready to assault the top 8 next year, because this year there’ll just be too much competition.
I reckon your pretty spot on with this

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hahaha, obviously, Melbourne after their brilliant recruitment of that 3rd up defender nominated for All Australian that has set a benchmark for all future contract negotiations between the astute Demons and any manager worth his salt.....How can that not lead to anything other than player harmony????...Luckily their coach has setup a very competitive pre season program that should sort the wheat from the chaff.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................oh wait!.....hahahahahaha!!! ...........The chaff prevailed!

Nawww grief is such a difficult emotion

What about smashing the premiers by 10 goals?
Or beating GWS?

Or losing to Collingwood on the last day to make finals for the first time in a decade?

Do these games count towards where a ‘team is at’?

In 2010 Melbourne lost to the premiers on the siren and ran then to a draw later that year. Didn't turn out too well. Games in isolation mean s**t all.

Nawww grief is such a difficult emotion
Don’t get me wrong I’m very happy with the proceedings so far. 2 first rounders for a third up defender with no midfield or forward ability and as we found only average at playing one on one. Yes he is a great intercept mark in defence, no question, but if he has a bad day there are few alternate positions other than the bench. But don’t take my word for it, season starts soon enough.

Back