Who will finish higher - West Coast, Adelaide or Geelong?

Who finishes higher in 2017

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Bring-Back-Powell

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 27, 2005
Seattle
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Mariners
The big question on everyone's mind is whom will finish higher out of West Coast, Adelaide or Geelong? My ladder prediction in brackets.

West Coast (6) after an underwhelming first 20 weeks, this club won the respect of the AFL world with 3 brilliant wins over GWS, Hawthorn and Adelaide. Then somehow lost all that respect with a pathetic home final loss against the Dogs, in a game they should've won. However, Will be in the thick of finals action again and Mitchell must surely be a great asset in 2017.

Adelaide (5) - the most enjoyable team to watch as they're the most attacking side in the league. Had an unforgivable rd 23 home loss to Weat Coast which ultimately cost them a grand final appearance. I expect them to be 2-6 all year but I do query the fact that they haven't improved their list via trade and their second best midfielder Thompson is slated to be a part time defender due to his old age.

Geelong (4) - How good is this side with Selwood and Dangerfield!! And how bad is this side when their lower tier mids like Duncan and Guthrie decide to go backwards due to the inclusion of the best player in the league. They had the world at their feet coming into the finals but left it all to DangerWood to get them into a grand final.
Will win plenty of games in the home and away but a big query in finals.

Adelaide.

P.S. Why should West Coast have won the Elimination Final?
I'd say purely just on paper/form with the game played at Subi and with your mob finishing lower on the ladder we looked strong favourites! "should" have won probably isnt the right word. "Were favourites to win" would be more fitting.

Unless Geelong forget how to football over the summer, I don't see how Adelaide or West Coast will bypass them next year. Geeong's midfield ought to continue to win them games to keep them ahead.

I'll quantify that by saying its yet to be seen how much improvement there'll be in Adelaide's midfield over the summer to help win the close, midfield-centric games we're prone to dropping.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would be easy for me to say Adelaide.

I will say that all 3 teams have an equal chance of finishing higher. I do have concerns over Geelongs back half and reliance on 2 players in the middle. West Coast without Natanui will be interesting. At least WC have the pre-season to practice different set-ups. Adelaide , who really knows. The fixture looks good for them.

It would be easy for me to say Adelaide.

I will say that all 3 teams have an equal chance of finishing higher. I do have concerns over Geelongs back half and reliance on 2 players in the middle. West Coast without Natanui will be interesting. At least WC have the pre-season to practice different set-ups. Adelaide , who really knows. The fixture looks good for them.
That's the biggest misconception about Geelong. Our midfield is our strength and players such as Duncan, Guthrie and co are unfairly maligned due to Dangerfield and Selwood's brilliance.

And our backline was statiscally the 2nd best in the league last season and it's weakness was a lack of run. We've fixed that with the recruitment of Tuohy and the return of Thurlow. Our backline will still be a strength even accounting for the retirement of Enright.

It's our forwardline which was the real worry but that was in part to slow ball movement from defense and poor delivery. We've gone a long way to fixing those deficiencies.

This is the big question?
I thought the same thing.

The big question should be how will the new 3rd man up rule affect Blicavs and his role in the Geelong side?

Not correct.

We have 15 away games compared to your 10.

Technically, you don't. I see your point though.

I don't think how many interstate/home/homeawayfromhome really provides an advantage or disadvantage for any of these three clubs. Travelling interstate 10 times is tough but things even out.

Back