Prediction Who will finish higher - Western Bulldogs, Fremantle, Brisbane or St Kilda

Who finishes higher in 2019?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

the dogs will most likely finish highest but i think a few people are underestimating the saints a bit too much ... last season with a pretty weak side and a tough draw the saints were show well off the pace .. this year a considerably easier draw and a boost of improvement in the list i think we will certainly improve , not enough to make finals but certainly not bottom 3 again

the dogs will most likely finish highest but i think a few people are underestimating the saints a bit too much ... last season with a pretty weak side and a tough draw the saints were show well off the pace .. this year a considerably easier draw and a boost of improvement in the list i think we will certainly improve , not enough to make finals but certainly not bottom 3 again
Easier draw? Looking at your opening 9 rounds it seems brutal to me. You'll most likely be favourites in one of those games.

There's a difference between what you want to happen and a prediction. You obviously desperately want us to go badly because then you could possibly finish above us. I'm sure you'll also say Hannebery is a terrible signing etc etc. Illogical nonsense. Based on our draw alone we will improve next year. We play you twice for starters.

I dont know why youve taken exception to my post when it accurately reflects the poll. I dont desperately want you to go badly, i just know you will with Richo at the helm. Carlton's fortunes are independent of St Kilda's, and more to the point; we arent in this poll so I dont have a dog in the hunt to sway public opinion of your mob. There's no need to be such a delicate little flower :rainbow:

Just a Brownlow Medalist, an AFL life member, a pick 2, and 200 gamer and a triple Premiership player. Yeah, lacks grunt.

sheesh.
Yeah, it lacks grunt.

Hill doesn't provide "grunt". He provides outside class.

Pick 2 ? Brayshaw ? He's a kid.

Mundy is no longer an inside mid.

Fyfe, the poor bastard, needs support.

There's a reason you were 16th for contested possessions and there's a reason you were 14th for clearances. You lack midfield grunt.

And this was when you had Neale.

Your response shows me you're delusional.

Yeah, it lacks grunt.

Hill doesn't provide "grunt". He provides outside class.

Pick 2 ? Brayshaw ? He's a kid.

Mundy is no longer an inside mid.

Fyfe, the poor bastard, needs support.

There's a reason you were 16th for contested possessions and there's a reason you were 14th for clearances. You lack midfield grunt.

And this was when you had Neale.

Your response shows me you're delusional.
I agree we lack inside grunt but Mundy still plays inside around 50% and is still gun at it when in there.

Also, B.Hill is not exactly "outside class" - he runs a LOT but is fairly prone to a shank.

St Kilda: They aren't as bad as everyone makes out. Will bounce back to something resembling their 2017 finishing position with a new coach and impactful mature age recruits . Big chance to be 2019s North Melbourne imo .

Bulldogs: The best list of the 4 clubs imo but not sure it will transfer to wins in 2019. The side seems unbalanced having all of Bont, Macrae, Wallis, Libba, Dale, Dunkley all best used as inside mids who have average to below average pace. That combined with underperforming KPFs and very young KPDs/ruckman doesn't bode well for wins in 2019 imo.

Brisbane: Hard not to be excited about the potential but I have trouble having any trust in a side that hasn't put together an above average season in what feels like forever. I really like Neale for them as consistent very good midfielder and they have a good spread of talented players across the park.

Fremantle: I think Freo are the most likely of this group to challenge for the 8 but are also the most likely group to crash and burn to 16th-18th imo .

FB: L.Ryan - Pearce - Cox
HB: Wilson - Hamling - Conca
C: B.Hill - Fyfe - S.Hill
HF: Langdon - Hogan - Mundy
FF: McCarthy - Lobb - Matera
R: Sandilands - Blakeley - Walters
IC: Cerra - Brayshaw - Banfield - Colyer

A good run with injuries from Sandilands, Fyfe, Hill x 2, Walters and Hogan who all missed plenty of footy last year could really drive them up the ladder.

Easier draw? Looking at your opening 9 rounds it seems brutal to me. You'll most likely be favourites in one of those games.
did you see last season ? last season we almost travelled as much as a WA team did ..
at least for us the first three games are against teams that finished out of the top 8
we have double up games agains Carlton (wooden spooners), Gold Coast (second last) and Freo(14th)

I dont know why youve taken exception to my post when it accurately reflects the poll. I dont desperately want you to go badly, i just know you will with Richo at the helm. Carlton's fortunes are independent of St Kilda's, and more to the point; we arent in this poll so I dont have a dog in the hunt to sway public opinion of your mob. There's no need to be such a delicate little flower :rainbow:
Ah right-o, so as long as we have Richardson we are doomed. I have no idea how you'd know that but of course I shouldn't ask because then I'd just be acting "delicate".

Ah right-o, so as long as we have Richardson we are doomed. I have no idea how you'd know that but of course I shouldn't ask because then I'd just be acting "delicate".

Mate, he's right, Richo looks increasingly out of his depth.

Will gladly stand corrected.

Aside from 6 St Kilda supporters and one bloke taking the piss no one rates you a chance to finish higher than the other three clubs. In another thread about which coach is first to be sacked Richardson is the overwhelming leader. If there was another thread about whose list is in the worst shape it'd be St Kilda tied with Gold Coast.

Your mob isnt poised for a climb up the ladder. Make your peace with this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Come on dude everyone including 99% of saints supporters can see Richo is no good. Sooner he is gone and Ratts takes over the better.

He's a dead man walking.

Leppitsch was the last coach with such an ominous feel going into a season in my memory.

Hardwick and Buckley both had some alibis or runs on the board

Come on dude everyone including 99% of saints supporters can see Richo is no good. Sooner he is gone and Ratts takes over the better.
We'll see I guess.

Fremantle has averaged BrisbaneWins+55% over the last three years. I only include the last three years because the wins for Fremantle go in reverse to now: 8, 8, 4, 17 and Brisbanes are: 5, 5, 3, 4

That last year skews the figures.

Brisbane could +100% to their wins and not get ahead of a Fremantle at +50%

Which fan based has earned it more? Brisbane, without a doubt. Then St Kilda.

I'm not confident about Freo this year. 2020 I reckon we should show considerable improvement but we've got too many inexperienced mids to make too much of an impact in 2019.

Yeah, you can't hide kids who haven't built up a tank yet.

Should aim to be in a lot of games at 3/4 though.

I think Brisbane will go backwards I think I saw a stat saying they had bugger all injuries and the second or third biggest group of players play maximum games which is great but if they have a year of injuries like Gold Coast freo and Carlton had in 2018 they certainly won’t exceed 5 wins

Brisbane are building something pretty good. I reckon they will improve significantly and be knocking on the door of finals. In the time where they had both Beams and Neale I had them making finals. Of course, things changed, I wouldn't be shocked if they make it but I wouldn't tip it.

The Bulldogs are this years impossible-to-place side. They could rise significantly up the ladder and push for top 4 again. But they could be mediocre-s**t again. Who knows?

Freo are improving too but at what rate? I reckon they'll tread water ladder-wise but win 1 or 2 more games

Any of those three could finish highest, I reckon Brisbane is most likely, followed by the dogs and then free. I really can't see St Kilda finishing highest. They seemed to be rebuilding and then stopped, and the bottom fell out. So, with that, I will say St Kilda will probably finish highest.

Last edited:
I think Brisbane will go backwards I think I saw a stat saying they had bugger all injuries and the second or third biggest group of players play maximum games which is great but if they have a year of injuries like Gold Coast freo and Carlton had in 2018 they certainly won’t exceed 5 wins

You could literally say that about any of these teams - if they get decimated by injury they'll struggle to make it to 5 games.

Very simplistic way to look at it I reckon.

Back