Prediction Who will finish higher - Western Bulldogs, Fremantle, Brisbane or St Kilda

Who finishes higher in 2019?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

VineyToClark

Senior List
Jan 16, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
The gap between 12th and 13th was huge this year (4 games) the top 12 was considered relatively even.

Here we have the next 4 teams who finished in the 13-16 ladder rungs and are all hard to pick for next year.

Who will finish higher next year?

I think Freo are on the way up, so are the Lions. It's really how steep the rises are.

I'll say Freo cos they traded aggressively to fill holes and the Lions have been down a while and will have to build a winning culture from scratch.

Brisbane - Somewhere between 9th and 13th.
Fremantle - Somewhere between 12th and 15th.
Western Bulldogs - Somewhere between 12th and 15th.
St. Kilda - 16th.

I think Brisbane will improve, but not by as much as people seem to think. They had a really good run with injuries last year, something you certainly couldn't say about Freo or the Dogs.

Voted WB, thought they rediscovered their mojo late in the year and if they continue and build on that they could have a much better year.

Brisbane ought to improve and they were only a handful of very close losses from being a much better team this year.

Not sure about Freo. Lost Neale but gained Hogan and Lobb. Watch this space.

Hard to predict what we'll do. Could easily enough return to the 11-11 type team we were in 2016 and 2017, or with the very difficult draw we have from rounds 2-9 or so we could be sacking Richo by the end of that period and pretty much starting again. Another watch this space.

Some serious over rating of Lobb and Hogan
Perhaps more that we managed to get 8 wins with McCarthy leading our forward line for the majority of last season. I think most would say that our forward line was one of the worst - if not the worst in the comp last season.

However you rate Hogan and Lobb, I think most would agree that they are a fair improvement on what we had.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps more that we managed to get 8 wins with McCarthy leading our forward line for the majority of last season. I think most would say that our forward line was one of the worst - if not the worst in the comp last season.

However you rate Hogan and Lobb, I think most would agree that they are a fair improvement on what we had.

Absoloutely they are but midfields carry teams. Is collingwoods forward line better than Freos? Arguably not

But their midfield still destroys yours and most.
I mean s**t predictions are fruitless, some of your young mids could become superstars next year and carry you to the middle bracket but I think Brisbanes midfield and the dogs both have more runs on the board.

I don't rate Lobb at all. He had one half decent year playing 3rd banana in a stacked GWS team.

Hogan if he stays healthy will be a massive improvement to the team but you have to take into account the loss of your second best player in Neale. If Freo improve it will be largely based to the internal improvement within the team rather than the ins/outs IMO.

As for the original question, I think it will be roughly:
Bulldogs - 8th to 10th.
Fremantle - 12th to 14th
Brisbane - 12th to 14th
St Kilda - 16th to 18th

Tough call between Freo and Brissy. Went with the Lions as I like what Fagan has been building more. Doggies a chance to rise but not as high I feel, more of a gradual build whereas I reckon Freo and Brissy have a sharper rise in store. Saints the odd man out, they are going nowhere.

I don't rate Lobb at all. He had one half decent year playing 3rd banana in a stacked GWS team.

Hogan if he stays healthy will be a massive improvement to the team but you have to take into account the loss of your second best player in Neale. If Freo improve it will be largely based to the internal improvement within the team rather than the ins/outs IMO.

As for the original question, I think it will be roughly:
Bulldogs - 8th to 10th.
Fremantle - 12th to 14th
Brisbane - 12th to 14th
St Kilda - 16th to 18th

That's pretty funny.

Check out his contested marking stats and get some idea where on the field he takes them.

While I agree, the jury is still out on whether Lyon can coach and setup a forward line to outscore the opposition. Out defend, yes - no questions.
Outscore - ??????

(and yes, I do understand what I have said, but you all know what I mean)

If Liberatore can rediscover his best then I think it will be Footscray.

Lions could easily, but I think they're still too thin in the midfield. The quality is there, but it's too young.

Fremantle could surprise with their home ground advantage, but their midfield lacks grunt.

Shanghai Saints ? Who would know, but their coach seems to follow last year's trends, which will always leave them chasing tail.

Tough call between Freo and Brissy. Went with the Lions as I like what Fagan has been building more. Doggies a chance to rise but not as high I feel, more of a gradual build whereas I reckon Freo and Brissy have a sharper rise in store. Saints the odd man out, they are going nowhere.
There's a difference between what you want to happen and a prediction. You obviously desperately want us to go badly because then you could possibly finish above us. I'm sure you'll also say Hannebery is a terrible signing etc etc. Illogical nonsense. Based on our draw alone we will improve next year. We play you twice for starters.

Back