Prediction Who will finish higher - Western Bulldogs, Fremantle, Brisbane or St Kilda

Who finishes higher in 2019?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo. They finally have their first decent forward line since Pav retired.

The side that was 12th in clearances, 16th in disposals, 15th in tackles etc won the flag this year. We've proved you don't need a midfield to carry you if you can kick and mark effectively when you do have the ball.

Comparing Hogan Lobb Hamling and Pearce with Kennedy Darling McGovern and Barass is a joke though.

Best out an out FF in the game. One of the best second forwards in the game, the best intercept marker in the game and one of the best young FBs with a one good full forward and 3 average keys.

Comparing Hogan Lobb Hamling and Pearce with Kennedy Darling McGovern and Barass is a joke though.

Best out an out FF in the game. One of the best second forwards in the game, the best intercept marker in the game and one of the best young FBs with a one good full forward and 3 average keys.
I agree that comparison isn't pretty, but if you think Hamling and Alex Pearce are average then it's fairly obvious you don't watch many freo games.

I agree that comparison isn't pretty, but if you think Hamling and Alex Pearce are average then it's fairly obvious you don't watch many freo games.

Mate why do people fail to understand the meaning of the word average.

Are they elite key defenders? No
Are they in the bottom few key defenders in the game? No

So are they in the average of the AFL? Yes.

Barrass and Darling were considered second rate heading into this year by many pundits. Not a single expert on afl.com.au had the Eagles in the top eight.

The point is that if Ross Lyon can create a sustainable gameplan to take advantage of Freo's improvement in key position posts, then they can certainly challenge for finals or better.

Barrass and Darling were considered second rate heading into this year by many pundits. Not a single expert on afl.com.au had the Eagles in the top eight.

The point is that if Ross Lyon can create a sustainable gameplan to take advantage of Freo's improvement in key position posts, then they can certainly challenge for finals or better.

I'm so sick of this crap from eagles fans, who cares what same AFL journalists or Robert Walls said. Many people knew the eagles were good. If you are looking for a forward and defensive group that could elevate themselves to the elite it's Adelaide, Essendon, Melbourne.

Richmond already up there.

Not Fremantle

To be fair though, that's an extremely wide range for average. When you consider "elite" is supposed to be top 10%, that would mean "average" covers 80% of players. I'd consider Hamling and Pearce as slightly above average in their positions, just not elite. I see them as being at the same level as Tom Barrass

To be fair though, that's an extremely wide range for average. When you consider "elite" is supposed to be top 10%, that would mean "average" covers 80% of players. I'd consider Hamling and Pearce as slightly above average in their positions, just not elite. I see them as being at the same level as Tom Barrass

The keys of Richmond
West Coast
Melbourne
Adelaide
Essendon
North

And you could argue others are. They are average keys in the competition.

The keys of Richmond
West Coast
Melbourne
Adelaide
Essendon
North

And you could argue others are. They are average keys in the competition.
Are Melbourne's keys really elite though? I feel you're possibly overrating your side a bit. McDonald and May would be pushing elite (if we are only looking at top 10% then it's questionable) but the others not so much

Are Melbourne's keys really elite though? I feel you're possibly overrating your side a bit. McDonald and May would be pushing elite (if we are only looking at top 10% then it's questionable) but the others not so much

I never said they were elite. You picked an arbitrary number of 10%

I said ours and many other clubs are better than Freos

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So going by your theory, Jack Viney is average? Not elite, not a bottom tier player, so he's....average?

The AFL's official data collector defines elite as top 10% so that's a fair starting point in this context.

Do you wanna waste time arguing number semantics or would you actually like to present an argument of where you would rank Freos talls in comparison to the comp

So going by your theory, Jack Viney is average? Not elite, not a bottom tier player, so he's....average?

Viney is one of the best contested players in the game. Away from the inside yeah he's average.

You are really gonna be that offended about the term average instead of slightly and/or above average?

Oscar McDonald is an average key defender.

Viney is one of the best contested players in the game. Away from the inside yeah he's average.

You are really gonna be that offended about the term average instead of slightly and/or above average?

Oscar McDonald is an average key defender.
Not at all offended mate. Just simply doubting you've watched many Freo games. Some players are above average, some below, I don't think categorizing them into one is accurate.

Its quite telling when the only rebuttal Saints fans can come up with is measuring themselves against Carlton. My mob isnt in the poll so coming back with "yeah but we flogged youse" isnt a compelling reason for why St Kilda will finish higher than Freo, Brissy, or the Doggies. Why is this such a hard concept for Saints fans to grasp?
You didn’t just vote or comment on this thread topic though did you? You went on to say “-if there were other polls about who’s list was in the worst shape... “ implying that Carlton’s was better than ours. Until you beat us, it’s not!

Every club has them, hell, Stringer spent a whole year with his phone in his pants - but he wasn’t brought in for leadership to a rebuilding side.

Hopefully you have done your due diligence.....
No I doubt the club would’ve done due diligence before signing him. Apparently he cracked a few good jokes and bought Richo a beer... done deal.

No I doubt the club would’ve done due diligence before signing him. Apparently he cracked a few good jokes and bought Richo a beer... done deal.

Similar process for the medical on his hamstrings I presume ??

Freo. They finally have their first decent forward line since Pav retired.

The side that was 12th in clearances, 16th in disposals, 15th in tackles etc won the flag this year. We've proved you don't need a midfield to carry you if you can kick and mark effectively when you do have the ball.

Totals don't mean much with West Coast playing an uncontested brand of footy they are going to have less chances to win a clearance. I doubt they were that low on differential.

Back