Prediction Who will finish higher - Western Bulldogs, Fremantle, Brisbane or St Kilda

Who finishes higher in 2019?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't have any stats, my impression of him is purely eye but he does seem to be in the right place a LOT when I watch them play.

I wasn’t saying you were going to barrage with stats. Was waiting for a certain St Kilda fan who loves to come in with numbers.

He might actually have me on ignore.

Carlisle is a good player but just a tad overhyped for what he’s actually produced

I wasn’t saying you were going to barrage with stats. Was waiting for a certain St Kilda fan who loves to come in with numbers.

He might actually have me on ignore.

Carlisle is a good player but just a tad overhyped for what he’s actually produced
Fair enough. I probably don't get exposed to that hype up here where 95% of people have only heard of Little Gaz at best.

Definitely Wood > Roberton though.
Not since 2016. Roberton made the AA squad in 2017 and came 2nd in the B&F (in a team that was comfortably better than any of these 4 teams were last year) and was then going well again pre-collapse last year, and in our best few again in our win on the weekend. Wood hasn't been anywhere near his best consistently since 2016.

Carlisle has been terrific for us. Came 4th in the B&F in his first year and then was comfortably on track for a top 2 or 3 finish last year, until he started missing games through injury and having troubles with his back (which has been an issue for him for a while now).

His intercept marking is elite and because he's 201cm he can do it in packs, which not many others have the ability to do. His foot-passing is also bloody good for someone that tall.

Not since 2016. Roberton made the AA squad in 2017 and came 2nd in the B&F (in a team that was comfortably better than any of these 4 teams were last year) and was then going well again pre-collapse last year, and in our best few again in our win on the weekend. Wood hasn't been anywhere near his best consistently since 2016.

Carlisle has been terrific for us. Came 4th in the B&F in his first year and then was comfortably on track for a top 2 or 3 finish last year, until he started missing games through injury and having troubles with his back (which has been an issue for him for a while now).

His intercept marking is elite and because he's 201cm he can do it in packs, which not many others have the ability to do. His foot-passing is also bloody good for someone that tall.
Understand your position but respectfully disagree. Would take Wood over Roberton every time.

Really like the way Brisbane and Fremantle are building their lists, albeit they’re doing it differently and the lions have been at it for a bit longer probably. If freo can shrink that gap between their best and worst footy they might play finals but I’d still have the lions marginally ahead of them. Dogs are going to need to get good at what made them premiers again and rediscover their mojo, while the saints are a way off probably but could surprise especially once they piss off that coach, he’s a dud

You're right, but that same principle applies to guys like Stephen Hill, Nat Fyfe and Dan Hannebery.

Under the assumption every player can get back to their best, Easton Wood is clearly the standout defender among all four teams, not including Hodge because he's ancient.

Wood is a better defender than Harris Andrews?

His form from 2015-2016 is easily better than anything Harris Andrews has ever produced.
1. That is false, if Andrews didn't get knocked out he would've been a clear AA in 2018 which is better than what Wood has produced.
and 2. Even if it was the case, that in some parallel universe Wood was better, how does his form in 2015 (which is 4 years ago) affect his ability in the 2019 season? Wood's on the decline, Andrews is 22 and on the up.

1. That is false, if Andrews didn't get knocked out he would've been a clear AA in 2018 which is better than what Wood has produced.
and 2. Even if it was the case, that in some parallel universe Wood was better, how does his form in 2015 (which is 4 years ago) affect his ability in the 2019 season? Wood's on the decline, Andrews is 22 and on the up.

Easton Wood IS an AA. Which has Andrews, almost AA, covered. Comfortably.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

...which is AA... lmao :$
Because he's still 29 years old and more than capable of producing his best form, the same way Stephen Hill is, despite not being at his best for two years.

I know you're a Brissy supporter and haven't had much to cheer about for a while, but Wood is a proven AA player, premiership captain, and was pretty much single-handedly neutralizing entire forward lines, which is one of the main reasons the doggies were such a good team in that period. Harris Andrews? Please.

Because he's still 29 years old and more than capable of producing his best form, the same way Stephen Hill is, despite not being at his best for two years.

I know you're a Brissy supporter and haven't had much to cheer about for a while, but Wood is a proven AA player, premiership captain, and was pretty much single-handedly neutralizing entire forward lines, which is one of the main reasons the doggies were such a good team in that period. Harris Andrews? Please.
You didn't address his second point. It is about performance thus year. Performance last year is a lot more significant than performance several years ago.

You didn't address his second point. It is about performance thus year. Performance last year is a lot more significant than performance several years ago.

We've seen Wood at his best & its top class, Andrews still has his best in front of him. A 29yo or a 22 yo, where is your premiership clock at.

Last edited:

I think you are still a bit upset that Harris prevented Ben Brown from having a chance at the Coleman in Rd 20 last year ;)

Anyway I don't think this comparison is super relevant - its very hard to compare a 186cm Easton Wood with a 201cm Harris Andrews, especially when they play very different roles. Easton Wood is a good player, so is Harris so we can all move on.

:rolleyes:

For one thing, you'd have to think there are pretty big questionmarks over WB's forwardline and where their goals are going to come from, given that from memory Boyd is out indefinitely, and Schache and Dixon were in the squad, but didn't make the final extended team on the weekend (are they, especially Schache, just returning from injury or something?).

Which left pretty much just Gowers as their only "recognised forward".

I know their forwardline in the premiership year didn't look much chop on paper, but this seems to take that to a whole other level.

Going to be fascinating to see how or if they make it work this year.

Our forwardline is ******* terrible. The coach also goes with some very strange selections preffering resting mids/rucks over genuine forwards. We've had one of the worst set shot conversions for a few years now but he sticks with it. We run a one KPP set up for some reason too.

We've arguably got the worst forward line in the league if you take inside 50's converting into goals.

Giving Stringer the flick was a bad move for our onfield performance.

Back