Prediction Who will finish higher - Western Bulldogs, Fremantle, Brisbane or St Kilda

Who finishes higher in 2019?

• Total voters

Ian Dunross

Premiership Player
Mar 18, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Glenelg Tigers
The good news is that we're sorted for tall forward options if McCartin continues on his current path. Bruce, Membrey, Battle and King provides enough for the next 5-10 year period if all stay fit.

The disappointing thing is that we missed out on drafting a top talent to fill another area of the team. A quality mid or quality defender.

I'm not sure 2014 will go down as a great draft but still, there was enough there to get something good.

Sep 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Bulldogs are a lock for finals for me. Their drafting of the last couple of years has been really good and they managed some great football in the second half of 2018. If they can stay fit and get a good run they should be one of the best teams to watch again.

Ian Dunross

Premiership Player
Mar 18, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Glenelg Tigers
Too late now I suspect with Sunday's incident but I'd put him on the market and try and grab a second rounder for him.

I don't see him making it.

Ian Dunross

Premiership Player
Mar 18, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Glenelg Tigers
Brisbane the clear leader of this pack.

Quality across all lines. Genuine elite talent at both ends and in the middle.

Hodge's influence is not to be underestimated.

Well coached.

Could have won 5 more games last year.

Spursfan

Club Legend
Mar 30, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur FC
yes Brissie for me. Freo I don't watch much but they should be better with their ins. Doggies and Saints, we'll someone's got to finish in the bottom 4.

Sep 18, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Leeds United
Bulldogs are a lock for finals for me. Their drafting of the last couple of years has been really good and they managed some great football in the second half of 2018. If they can stay fit and get a good run they should be one of the best teams to watch again.
A lock for finals?? Where do they finish?

roz1812

Debutant
Mar 14, 2019
Perth
AFL Club
Geelong
Brisbane look very promising. They should be improving this season. I think they will still drop some games they should win and put in a poor performance now and again just due to inexperience. I have them ahead of the other 3, they could make finals but I still think they might be a season away. I think Saints, Freo and Bulldogs stay relatively where they were last year. Maybe could be some improvement with Freo but none of them are in finals contention for me.

Dazb86

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 31, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I doubt we'd be capable of getting back a 5 goal deficit at any point in a game. Can't see too many high scoring quarters on the horizon.

Atomboy

Premiership Player
Jan 22, 2007
Yes
AFL Club
St Kilda
Too late now I suspect with Sunday's incident but I'd put him on the market and try and grab a second rounder for him.

I don't see him making it.

Patty needs to look after his long-term health first and foremost.

Any more concussions and people close to him would surely be advising him to give the game away. Can't imagine AFL HQ is too thrilled with the possible liability situation either.

Mar 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Charlton Athletic, Roys FFC
Yeh I mean if everything went perfect you could sneak into finals but a lock? There’s only a couple teams you’d say that for and don’t think dogs are one.

Team has the talent, just not putting it all together for some reason.

While I can see reasons for improvement, not necessarily that much on what I have seen so far...

We’ll be doing well without a forward line of any shape or description....
Yup yup - elite midfield but question marks everywhere else, including ruck.

The forwardline looks diabolical - Sam Lloyd will help us but when you're relying on a Richmond fringe player, a guy who 2+ years ago was a delisted Carlton rookie, a 200cm non-aggressive guy Brisbane let go for little only two years after blowing pick 2 on him, and a couple of resting mids whose kicking is more questionable than R Kelly's browser history, it really doesn't fill one with much confidence.

Mar 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Charlton Athletic, Roys FFC
Yup yup - elite midfield but question marks everywhere else, including ruck.

The forwardline looks diabolical - Sam Lloyd will help us but when you're relying on a Richmond fringe player, a guy who 2+ years ago was a delisted Carlton rookie, a 200cm non-aggressive guy Brisbane let go for little only two years after blowing pick 2 on him, and a couple of resting mids whose kicking is more questionable than R Kelly's browser history, it really doesn't fill one with much confidence.

The funny thing is, that with the changes to the rules, Boyd, Schache and English should all benefit. But they are either injured, not ready or missing a key piece - namely confidence and aggression...

Lloyd, Wallis and Dickson should kick a few, but after that ???? Gowers and the midfield....

Rob R

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
St Kilda could be fighting with GC for the wooden spoon especially with their injury list adding to what is a pretty weak list in general especially in the mid. Freo and Bris will both be around 10 - 13 with teams better structured than last year and in Brisbane case more mature. Bulldogs hard to say but with forward line weak, a weak ruck and their youth I would guess around 13 - 15 (at least ahead of Carl, GC and Stk)

Ian Dunross

Premiership Player
Mar 18, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Glenelg Tigers
Any more concussions and people close to him would surely be advising him to give the game away.

That's pure speculation on your part.

None of us have the medical information to make an informed decision on his health.

What can be commented on is his football ability.

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
St Kilda could be fighting with GC for the wooden spoon especially with their injury list adding to what is a pretty weak list in general especially in the mid. Freo and Bris will both be around 10 - 13 with teams better structured than last year and in Brisbane case more mature. Bulldogs hard to say but with forward line weak, a weak ruck and their youth I would guess around 13 - 15 (at least ahead of Carl, GC and Stk)
Agree Saints are having some rough luck with key players but we are not much better off. We are down to like 27 fit players or something stupid like that.

Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
My guess as to the order of the clubs is:

Brisbane
Freo
Bulldogs
St Kilda

Having said that I could see Freo having a better than expected year and finishing highest if Fyfe is fit the whole year and their young midfield replaces some of Neale's production. They should be far more potent in attack too. The dogs have the best midfield of the 4 but the forward line is a big problem.

Atomboy

Premiership Player
Jan 22, 2007
Yes
AFL Club
St Kilda
That's pure speculation on your part.

None of us have the medical information to make an informed decision on his health.

What can be commented on is his football ability.

Absolutely it is speculation, but when you look at the issues ex-NFL players continue to have with constant head knocks you have to be worried.

puntking

All Australian
Sep 17, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
think hawkes might be joiing them imo
happy.gif

happy.gif

happy.gif

happy.gif

happy.gif

Black Stripe

Yellow Paint
Feb 15, 2019
Liverpool
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Oklahoma City and Sydney Thunder
Agree Saints are having some rough luck with key players but we are not much better off. We are down to like 27 fit players or something stupid like that.

That's insane given the season hasn't even started.

Back