Prediction Who will finish higher - Western Bulldogs, Fremantle, Brisbane or St Kilda

Who finishes higher in 2019?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah its rubbish. We should get a few back after round 2 but no doubt they will just be replaced by somebody else. Need to sort our **** out.

Do you have faith in Lyon to change his game plan?

Not trolling, genuinely interested in your thoughts

Do you have faith in Lyon to change his game plan?

Not trolling, genuinely interested in your thoughts
Not sure I buy into the need to change gameplan rhetoric. If we keep improving year on year until we contend then happy to let him have a crack at his flag. We have been doing that the last 2 years and that is about all you can ask for in a rebuild.

Fact is, for all his limitations, the chance the next coach is better is quite low IMO. Sure you could nail it with the next Clarko, but you are much more likely to find the next Neeld/Harvey/Conolly.

Fact is, for all his limitations, the chance the next coach is better is quite low IMO. Sure you could nail it with the next Clarko, but you are much more likely to find the next Neeld/Harvey/Conolly.

Is Hardwick (1P/1GF/8Y) a "better" coach, how about Simpson (1P/2GF/5Y), CScott (1P/1GF/1Y), Longmire (1P/1GF/2Y) or Beveridge (1P/1GF/2Y).

You can say CScott, Longmire and Beveridge took over a premiership ready squad from their predecessor (especially Scott), but who gives a rats, they are Premiership coaches!

MORAL: "Better" coach, we don't need a "better" coach!

Is Hardwick (1P/1GF/8Y) a "better" coach, how about Simpson (1P/2GF/5Y), CScott (1P/1GF/1Y), Longmire (1P/1GF/2Y) or Beveridge (1P/1GF/2Y).

You can say CScott, Longmire and Beveridge took over a premiership ready squad from their predecessor (especially Scott), but who gives a rats, they are Premiership coaches!

MORAL: "Better" coach, we don't need a "better" coach!
Are we really going to do a list of coaches who did win a GF vs those that didn't? Feeling pretty comfortable my list is longer.

If Taberner is fit does he play?

Reckon he's a top mark and all round player.

Yep I think he has enough credit that Lyon finds a spot for for him, even if he's used around the ground as much as forward.

Maybe if Cox continues building form and/or McCarthy comes good alongside Lobb and Hogan he gets squeezed out but for now I reckon if he's fit he plays.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep I think he has enough credit that Lyon finds a spot for for him, even if he's used around the ground as much as forward.

Maybe if Cox continues building form and/or McCarthy comes good alongside Lobb and Hogan he gets squeezed out but for now I reckon if he's fit he plays.
Cox got picked ahead of him for JLT2 so I'd disagree with this.

Yeah its rubbish. We should get a few back after round 2 but no doubt they will just be replaced by somebody else. Need to sort our **** out.

Now with Hogan suspended only 26 players to pick from for round 1.

St Kilda aren't much better off with only 30 players to pick from.

Poor clubs can't take a trick.

I do wonder how much of it it is luck, ground surfaces or personale. I'm pretty certian ive seen Freo, Saints, Pies, Dogs struck alot at different times.

For what it's worth - probably not much - Lions were flying injury wise until they played at Etihad? and Charlie Cameron did his ankle. Think one or two other Lions may also have incurred minor injuries

You would think the kids at Brizzy will tire out in the second half of the season but Freo will bank most of their home games and a few easy ones on the road.
Saints no hope
Dogs I need to see a few more games to decide

Freo for now

You would think the kids at Brizzy will tire out in the second half of the season but Freo will bank most of their home games and a few easy ones on the road.
Saints no hope
Dogs I need to see a few more games to decide

Freo for now
We've actually been better in the back half of seasons for the past two seasons, that wouldn't be a concern for us.

Probably looking at three of this years top four forgetting the Saints, the young talent these three sides have is long way ahead of the rest of the comp.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Let’s not go crazy. But I’d say one of us makes finals.

We've actually been better in the back half of seasons for the past two seasons, that wouldn't be a concern for us.
Probably more to do with a slow start and gaining confidence ???
Time will tell ,it wont take too long before Brizzy is ready to have a real crack maybe 3 years???
It looks like they might win the cup first out of the above list

Back