Who will finish on the bottom in 2008?

Remove this Banner Ad

bystanding backman

Team Captain
Aug 11, 2006
Nathalia
AFL Club
Essendon
Since that 2008 has started and we are all cracking towards the new season anyone want to have a guess and state why (don't have to) you think that team will finish on the bottom.

I'm gunna say Finley i know its early but not to much has happened out there and they have lost Sexton, Plattfuss and a few others so it may be hard for them.

Re: Who will finish on the bottom in 2008

Since that 2008 has started and we are all cracking towards the new season anyone want to have a guess and state why (don't have to) you think that team will finish on the bottom.

I'm gunna say Finley i know its early but not to much has happened out there and they have lost Sexton, Plattfuss and a few others so it may be hard for them.
I agree. Have lost the mentioned plus a number of their big fellas in Marc Braybon and Sam Nevins. Platfuss will be a huge lost and they will miss Sexo's drive, passion and committment. Some big holes to fill.

People who think Mulwala will finish bottom are obviously to busy giving themselves a touch up to have any idea. They may have lost quite a few quality players but they have a lot of depth, remember they have played in the last three reserves grand finals winning two of them. And they still seemed to be a long way ahead of echuca last year who finished fourth. So they would have been miles ahead of the bottom sides. Mulwala will still finish very close to the top six

Yes, they seem content to put their trust into the youngsters this season, save some coin, and expect Steven's and a couple of others (don't know their names) to return to the club in 09. Aiming to sneak into finals one would expect.
Could not make the big one with the team they had, time for change, even if it was forced upon them.

I'm not expecting Echuca to be last, but I don't think they'll even make the top 6. But if Houston pisses anyone off over there, they could very well end up as cellar dwellers

I think that is a bit harsh Heuston Will bring goal kicking ability and on field leadership the younger players which tended to sook were not playing during the finals even though they had the ability to push Echuca into another Grand Final. With the change of these players with commited quality they will figure once again and with other sides seemingly weeker than previous years it will leave a door open for them. I believe Moama will try to take off early but with a Good Friday match forcast I don't believe they will have the commitment and passion and may fall into the traps of previous years. They may perform a bit better but then again they may not. Rumba look they will figure in finals but I have no idea how Congupna could be considered as a finals contender. I think Tongala will continue to struggle unless it learns how to take advantage of its smaller home ground

I think that is a bit harsh Heuston Will bring goal kicking ability and on field leadership the younger players which tended to sook were not playing during the finals even though they had the ability to push Echuca into another Grand Final. With the change of these players with commited quality they will figure once again and with other sides seemingly weeker than previous years it will leave a door open for them. I believe Moama will try to take off early but with a Good Friday match forcast I don't believe they will have the commitment and passion and may fall into the traps of previous years. They may perform a bit better but then again they may not. Rumba look they will figure in finals but I have no idea how Congupna could be considered as a finals contender. I think Tongala will continue to struggle unless it learns how to take advantage of its smaller home ground

Is the good friday game between moama and united on this year??? it says its not on the fixture..

People who think Mulwala will finish bottom are obviously to busy giving themselves a touch up to have any idea. They may have lost quite a few quality players but they have a lot of depth, remember they have played in the last three reserves grand finals winning two of them. And they still seemed to be a long way ahead of echuca last year who finished fourth. So they would have been miles ahead of the bottom sides. Mulwala will still finish very close to the top six

Maybe so, but Mul are still the scumbags of the Murray League. Complete ferals.

Is the good friday game between moama and united on this year??? it says its not on the fixture..

No mate Tongala and Moama are playing Good Friday at Moama. It should be a good game with the Tonny boys looking to play finals and Moama trying to climb the ladder. The problem Mulwala has always had is cultural and until thats addressed they will not win a flag. They will struggle this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back