Opinion Who will improve most in 2015?

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok, I think we've reached the point now where a caution for civility is needed.

Back on topic everyone, or at the very least loosely on topic and insult free.

Hopefully all of Michie, Riley and Newton. All aged 22, have played around 20 games or less and could create some serious motivation for our younger talented mids to increase their output. Our depth and age profile would be looking really good if these guys can step up and create a lot of competition for midfield spots.

Our depth and age profile would be looking really good if these guys can step up and create a lot of competition for midfield spots.

Rohan Bail - winner of the Competition for Midfield Spots three years running...

I think Viney as well. His sheer determination and increase in endurance makes him a good bet.

My second pick is Dean Kent although there is an element of hope there.

Player of interest is Jetta. We've seen him play some good defensive roles but he is seriously well equipped as a footy player. I'd love to see him come down the ground a bit but Roos might decide to stay conservative and keep it simple/defensive.

Jetta is best in the back half, I think he still struggles to find the ball around the ground, but attacks it really well when it is in his area and always does his job defensively.

Jetta is best in the back half, I think he still struggles to find the ball around the ground, but attacks it really well when it is in his area and always does his job defensively.

I agree , just like grimes he thrives when he has a starting point and a simpler task , you can get lost in the midfield quite easily

Jack Watts.

He is waaaay overdue for a breakout year.

Maybe he can finally stabilize under Roos' second year at the helm and show his credentials as 2008's brightest prospect.

Jack Watts.

He is waaaay overdue for a breakout year.

Maybe he can finally stabilize under Roos' second year at the helm and show his credentials as 2008's brightest prospect.
Yep. We have had a number of talls that have been around the club for awhile now. I expect one or two of Watts, Gawn, Pedo, Fitz or Spencer to break out this year. Similar to Martin doing for Brisbane.

Yep. We have had a number of talls that have been around the club for awhile now. I expect one or two of Watts, Gawn, Pedo, Fitz or Spencer to break out this year. Similar to Martin doing for Brisbane.

Pedo didnt play well last year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jimmy Toumpas: Entering his third season on the Demons list he will have a breakout season in 2015 and show everyone why he was taken as a high draft pick in 2012. He will be in Melbourne's best 22 by seasons end.

Jimmy Toumpas: Entering his third season on the Demons list he will have a breakout season in 2015 and show everyone why he was taken as a high draft pick in 2012. He will be in Melbourne's best 22 by seasons end.

I really hope so.

If he doesn't have a good season, the writing will be on the wall for him I reckon.

Not so much that he won't make it at AFL level - just that he would be unlikely to become the player we would have hoped when we picked him at 4.

It's pretty amazing, under Neeld only N Jones, Garland and maybe Dunn made any noticeable improvement. Under Roos and co already Jetta, Pedo and Dunn, all consigned to the scrap heap at some stage, have significantly improved, and the development in young players like JKH, Tyson, Kent and Salem in the first few of their games was actually noticeable. Let's hope blokes like Toumpas can get that effect going strongly next year. Viney to be the big improver for mine next year, will become an elite young gun in the eyes of neutral supporters and not just ours.

Has his body (and mind) right for the first time since arriving at the club.

We've been burned by "tearing it up at training" reports too many times in the past, but the early reports are very positive.

I am thinking the coach will improve the most. Did a good job this past season considering we started with no forward line ,but with a full season and 2 pre-season's by round 1, i think he will have a good idea as to who can play their role and who still needs to learn. (or never will) . Whether it will be enough to put wins on the board remains to be seen.

On SEN yesterday, the Ox was genuinely adamant that Jesse Hogan would be the best forward in the game within 3 years.

Said the last time he felt a player of this level was coming through was Pendlebury, then Fyfe at the same ages.
It's a pretty exciting time, been a long time since we have had a forward that could dominate a game. I just want to lock him in to Long term contract to keep the rivals at bay.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back