All-Australian 2020 - Eagles players

Who will be named in the All Australian team (best 22)

• Josh Kennedy

• Jack Darling

• Tim Kelly

• Liam Ryan

• Nic Naitanui

• Jeremy McGovern

• Brad Sheppard

• Tom Barrass

• Shannon Hurn

• Andrew Gaff

• Luke Shuey

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine its been posted elsewhere but for the MVP, among the eagles players we nominated

Naitanui, Ryan and Sheppard. Think that's about right for our best shots at AA too.

Nic would be lucky I thought.
Last year Grundy and Gawn were both in and thats rare. They were two of the best 5 players last year.

Ryan is a lock. Gov might go close, he always does. Shep deserves it for sure.

What does your first sentence mean?
Nic is far and away the best ruck this year.

Does anyone know the coaches votes for the Saints game , or does it go into secrecy for the last rounds? Couldn't find them

We could well end up with none.

NicNat should be 1st ruck, but there's always strange selections so could miss out.
Shep should be there but for some reason just doesn't get noticed. In reality should be in line for his 2nd or 3rd AA.
Ryan has been one of the best small forwards (the best over the past month) but will probably lose out to Cameron and Papley and some random Richmond guy.

NN and Shep locks, Ryan pretty close too now.

JK will probably get in the squad but no chance the 22 imo. Dixon and Hawkins will be the two KPFs

Gaff has had his best year imo, been huge the last couple of weeks playing more inside with no one left in the middle. However I reckon that'll be what probably costs him a spot on the wing in the 22.
"He didn't really play true wing enough"

NN and Shep locks, Ryan pretty close too now.

JK will probably get in the squad but no chance the 22 imo. Dixon and Hawkins will be the two KPFs

Gaff has had his best year imo, been huge the last couple of weeks playing more inside with no one left in the middle. However I reckon that'll be what probably costs him a spot on the wing in the 22.
"He didn't really play true wing enough"

They showed his games with 100% game time last night. Should get noticed by the selectors & be part of his case.

Gaff is a very good chance imo. Has had a great year - plays inside and outside, kicks goals, well known in Victoria. I’d like to see his consistency recognised in a year when our midfield has lacked it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ryan did his All Australian credentials absolutely no harm last night.

He is such a well rounded player now; he can beat you in the air or on the ground. His field kicking and decision making are excellent and he can burn the opposition in front of goal if he gets a chance.

Absolute gun

Id be annoyed if Gov got it and Shep missed. Gov has missed to much football and been injured during a few games.

Shep , Ryan and Nic Nat will all get in but Gaff is the smokey. He has been in sublime form and if they chose a winger he HAS to get a gig.

There is zero chance of Gov somehow making it - missed far too many games. Sheppard has been perpetually underrated but I think this year could be his year, however competition is fierce.

Gov won't make it. Has been good when playing but has missed too much football. Shep is the perpetual invisible man when it comes to selection. Another classic 'would be a star if he played for Collingwood or Richmond' type. Might make the 40. Should make the 22 but I'm not hopeful based on history.

Ryan is up against Cameron, Butler, Wingard, Greene and Papley to name a few. Historically selectors have sometimes named midfield overflow guys as small forwards as well. As in, 'We want to select 15 mids but can't, so we'll take one less ruck and only one small forward and name Dusty as a small half forward, Fyfe in the pocket and Bont as a ruck'.

Back