Who will Mark Ricciuto stupidly insult next on behalf of the club and why?

Remove this Banner Ad

It seems every other month we as supporters get to grit our teeth as our former favourite son and now disgraced self defeating board member tarnishes the name and public reputation of our club. Examples include:

1) Insulting our fans and members by demanding they support another club if they don't uncritically believe in his board's leadership (amidst a catastrophic end of season collapse that saw the club go all out for 8th by playing historically old teams and losing by blow outs);

2) Starting a slanging match with Hugh Greenwood immediately after he'd played well in our first ever defeat to his Gold Coast team;

3) Andrew McLeod our greatest ever player just isnt a team player when he raises concerns and should shut up and sit in the corner and play with the crayons the club gave him.

4) Insulting a former club champion after the club s**t the bed in managing his free agency;

So who's next? How will our glorious director humiliate the club by using his media position to attempt to appease his ego (only to end up unwittingly pantsing himself in public)?

Adelaide Board, it's your turn to guess. Who's next in line for one of the least effectual backhanders in history?

Is it Dusty Martin? Fresh from the news breaking that Roo's attempts at personal overtures had no effect and he failed in his mission to lure the star, will Roo declare that his lack of defensive effort meant that we werent really upset at not landing him because he wouldnt have fit in with our culture?

Maybe it's Ugle-Hagan- after the Bulldogs meet our bid Roo can give the kid a few decades worth of motivation by declaring that we didnt really want him anyway and that our pick is obviously better?

Maybe its the kid bagging it up at the local fresh fruit stall after he forgot his wallet- he didnt want those rock melon anyway, they don't even seem ripe.

Who do you think?

Last edited:
He'll mouth off about Collingwood and the Treloar situation, ignoring the fact we are paying players to not play for us.

He'll mouth off about Collingwood and the Treloar situation, ignoring the fact we are paying players to not play for us.

The problem is that Eddie has a bigger megaphone than he does. That's not Roo's style. He goes for people who can't speak back, like rank and file supporters.

The problem is that Eddie has a bigger megaphone than he does. That's not Roo's style. He goes for people who can't speak back, like rank and file supporters.

In that case, I'll go Luke Edwards after he decides that the risk of not being drafted is worth it if it means he doesn't have to come play for us (ie. he doesn't nominate us).

In that case, I'll go Luke Edwards after he decides that the risk of not being drafted is worth it if it means he doesn't have to come play for us (ie. he doesn't nominate us).

Excellent choice. Will find a way to have alienated both McLeod and Edwards for different reasons.

"Well, look: a son of what? His father was never an All Australian".

I’ll go with Fogarty, after Roo decides his number should be retired and Fogs doesn’t want to change number, resulting Fog walking out and us trading him for a 4th round pick or goes in the PSD.

Looking forward to Fog starting in the 2s next year so Tex can play and it being leaked that his preseason was disappointing.

Remember Andrew jarman got over weeks suspension at triple m for saying a number of former players agreed with Andrew mckeod. In his place was Greg blewett who talked about things like how much his latest wife liked his donger..

Brave thread southern takeover.. Certain alters and some with power will remember you for this..

You're obvious a port supporter blah blah blah.

They might even dig up stuff on your personal life and casualy drop it lol..

Remember Andrew jarman got over weeks suspension at triple m for saying a number of former players agreed with Andrew mckeod. In his place was Greg blewett who talked about things like how much his latest wife liked his donger..

Brave thread southern takeover.. Certain alters and some with power will remember you for this..

Don't think it's just players who agree with Jarman, might be some former people in the football department as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The club's so incompetent that they'd try to dox me, and end up getting one of their few remaining loyalists like Jenny put on an ASIS watchlist instead.

The Adelaide City Council

Will bag them when the Aquatic Centre plan falls flat. Then triumphantly announce that we don't need to work with those fools anyway because we have an alternative site option at Victoria Park

I didn’t hear the interview in question but I read an article on it. Thought the headline outweighed the actual content to be honest.

Is the part that people are pissed with this?

“And at that point, you would have Brad Crouch wanting to not want to be at Adelaide on a five-year deal, and the Crows not wanting Brad in Adelaide on a five-year deal, okay?

“So you’re in a situation you don’t wanna be, and same with Brad. We had a look around to see if any other clubs were interested ... and that wasn’t the case, we couldn’t find one.”

I dislike Ricciuto in his current role at our club as much as the next guy, but I don’t think he’s done much “wrong” there. The “5 year deal” was the key to the point he was making, and we already knew prior to the FA period commencing that the club weren’t interested in signing Brad up for 5 years. We won’t be signing any guys over 25 years of age to 5 years any time soon after the Jenkins and Sloane debacles.

I think it’s a bit of a stretch to compare this Roo interview to the previous “insulting past players” situations. He did even acknowledge that the situation “for Brad” would have been s**t if a trade couldn’t be organised. He’s right. All parties knew that Adelaide didn’t want to sign him up for 5 years (personally I don’t see that as disrespectful towards Brad, that’s just the club’s position), and all parties also knew that Brad didn’t want to be here anymore, due to a combo of wanting a long term deal, wanting success, and probably feeling like the club didn’t value him as highly as what St Kilda do.

The embarrassment here lies with Kelly and the horrendous poker game that led to the situation reaching that point. The treatment of Crouch that led to him not wanting to be here anymore is also a major issue. Ricciuto’s just dishing facts in that interview IMO.

As for the “we couldn’t find one (club interested in trading for him)”, again, that’s predictable and probably just truth. Crouch was a free agent who was being offered more by the Saints than anyone else, and they’re a club on the rise so of course it’s going to be difficult to legitimately find another club to a) match the Saints contract offer, b) be in a position to get Crouch to agree to be traded there and c) be willing to offer up something of value in a trade.

So I don’t view Ricciuto’s comments as insulting towards Brad from what I’ve read. More of an explanation of the ridiculous position we cornered ourselves into, which is the real issue at hand. Were there more comments made that aren’t quoted in the written pieces on this?

It seems every other month we as supporters get to grit our teeth as our former favourite son and now disgraced self defeating board member tarnishes the name and public reputation of our club. Examples include:

1) Insulting our fans and members by demanding they support another club if they don't uncritically believe in his board's leadership (amidst a catastrophic end of season collapse that saw the club go all out for 8th by playing historically old teams and losing by blow outs);

2) Starting a slanging match with Hugh Greenwood immediately after he'd played well in our first ever defeat to his Gold Coast team;

3) Andrew McLeod our greatest ever player just isnt a team player when he raises concerns and should shut up and sit in the corner and play with the crayons the club gave him.

4) Insulting a former club champion after the club sh*t the bed in managing his free agency;

So who's next? How will our glorious director humiliate the club by using his media position to attempt to appease his ego (only to end up unwittingly pantsing himself in public)?

Adelaide Board, it's your turn to guess. Who's next in line for one of the least effectual backhanders in history?

Is it Dusty Martin? Fresh from the news breaking that Roo's attempts at personal overtures had no effect and he failed in his mission to lure the star, will Roo declare that his lack of defensive effort meant that we werent really upset at not landing him because he wouldnt have fit in with our culture?

Maybe it's Ugle-Hagan- after the Bulldogs meet our bid Roo can give the kid a few decades worth of motivation by declaring that we didnt really want him anyway and that our pick is obviously better?

Maybe its the kid bagging it up at the local fresh fruit stall after he forgot his wallet- he didnt want those rock melon anyway, they don't even seem ripe.

Who do you think?
Hartigan...will probably say what most of us are thinking.
Slow, never took a contested mark, now we won’t have to drop him again.

I didn’t hear the interview in question but I read an article on it. Thought the headline outweighed the actual content to be honest.

Is the part that people are pissed with this?

“And at that point, you would have Brad Crouch wanting to not want to be at Adelaide on a five-year deal, and the Crows not wanting Brad in Adelaide on a five-year deal, okay?

“So you’re in a situation you don’t wanna be, and same with Brad. We had a look around to see if any other clubs were interested ... and that wasn’t the case, we couldn’t find one.”

I dislike Ricciuto in his current role at our club as much as the next guy, but I don’t think he’s done much “wrong” there. The “5 year deal” was the key to the point he was making, and we already knew prior to the FA period commencing that the club weren’t interested in signing Brad up for 5 years. We won’t be signing any guys over 25 years of age to 5 years any time soon after the Jenkins and Sloane debacles.

I think it’s a bit of a stretch to compare this Roo interview to the previous “insulting past players” situations. He did even acknowledge that the situation “for Brad” would have been sh*t if a trade couldn’t be organised. He’s right. All parties knew that Adelaide didn’t want to sign him up for 5 years (personally I don’t see that as disrespectful towards Brad, that’s just the club’s position), and all parties also knew that Brad didn’t want to be here anymore, due to a combo of wanting a long term deal, wanting success, and probably feeling like the club didn’t value him as highly as what St Kilda do.

The embarrassment here lies with Kelly and the horrendous poker game that led to the situation reaching that point. The treatment of Crouch that led to him not wanting to be here anymore is also a major issue. Ricciuto’s just dishing facts in that interview IMO.

As for the “we couldn’t find one (club interested in trading for him)”, again, that’s predictable and probably just truth. Crouch was a free agent who was being offered more by the Saints than anyone else, and they’re a club on the rise so of course it’s going to be difficult to legitimately find another club to a) match the Saints contract offer, b) be in a position to get Crouch to agree to be traded there and c) be willing to offer up something of value in a trade.

So I don’t view Ricciuto’s comments as insulting towards Brad from what I’ve read. More of an explanation of the ridiculous position we cornered ourselves into, which is the real issue at hand. Were there more comments made that aren’t quoted in the written pieces on this?

Well, for a start, he’s lying.

It’s a 4 year deal.

Well, for a start, he’s lying.

It’s a 4 year deal.

That’s probably technically true, but if you’re matching a Saints deal, with some sort of intent on potentially retaining the player, and the Saints are putting some pretty simple triggers in the contract for a 5th year, then you’d only piss the player off even more by saying “we’re not matching that part, sorry Brad”. Brad would never have agreed to 4 years with us without similar triggers for a 5th.

I think Roo’s point was clearly “Brad would never have agreed to a 4-5 year deal with Adelaide after the Saints sold him on a move to them, and the AFC never intended on offering that length of contract to him anyway”. We can all see that the club essentially drove him out and crossed our fingers that we’d either get Pick 2, or that someone would trade us a pick in the top dozen for him. This, in addition to the fact that we only ever really would have wanted to give him 3 years if he was to stick around are the key points.

I’m not saying for a second that the club has done the right thing in forcing Crouch out, being incompetent negotiators and then rolling over instead of following through on Kelly’s promise, but Ricciuto insulting Brad? I don’t really see it here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back