Competitions Who will play most games?

Remove this Banner Ad

Weitering.......... 18
McKay............... 10
Curnow............. 14
Cuningham....... 11
Silvagni............. 2
Glass-Mac.......... 0

Think our first rounders are more AFL ready than what many are giving them credit for.

The only one I feel I'm off on is Cuningham who could go either way. But if he's got the ability to be a line breaker already then that'll position him to get a fair few games into him in year one. Curnow I feel will get games all around the place. Our dearth of KPF will mean McKay will get a few more games than ideal.

Love it. Who do we beat in the semi's TL?
Edit: and which round is JW not playing? :)

The second week of the finals when we wait to see which sucker loses to us in the prelim!

The second week of the finals when we wait to see which sucker loses to us in the prelim!
Forgot about the double chance. Good call.

Anyway to get to the point of the thread.
Weitering....15
McKay.........1
Curnow.....8
Cuningham...6
Silvagni.......1
Glass-Mac.....0.

I think that the most of the boys won't have over 10 games with Weitering being excluded from that, I think that he will play about 15 games.

Weitering..........15-16, he is one of the best, if not the best draft picks Carlton has ever got, he already shows leadership qualities. Standing at 195cm and weighing 90kgs Weitering has a very good contested mark and has been compared to Geelong great Harry Taylor.

McKay...............7-8, It might surprise people that I have given him this many games. He stands at 200cm and weighs 94kgs (Hopefully he can put on another 5-6 kilos) and I think that he can be a real danger man up forward and can also play in the ruck.

Curnow.............0, the reason I think he won't play at all this season is basically for the fact that he didn't play much footy this year, from what I have heard he is a powerful forward who can play through the middle.

Cuningham.......4, I think he will certainly play at least 2 games this year. He will be able to exploit opposition teams with his explosive pace and is very good at stoppages, it might be a bit difficult to get into the Carlton midfield at the moment but is defiantly a very exiting prospect for years to come.

Silvagni.............2-3, Still very young and his body is not ready for more than 5 games this year, he will be an easy target for opposition players due to his small stature. But I expect him to be a regular in the Northern Blues lineup.

Glass-Mac..........0, yet again, I haven't seen much or heard much of him so I cant really make a comment.

Weitering 15
McKay 0-1
Curnow 0-1
Cuningham 5
Silvagni 0
Glass-McCasker 0-1
Galluci 5

Weitering is ready. He's prepared and will adapt well to the coach's gameplan. It's why he's the no1.

The others barring cuningham and galluci aren't ready and quite frankly I'm not keen on seeing them in their first year. They're bodies aren't ready. Short pre-season. Maybe one game for a taste.

We recruited ready players for this year (wright, keeridge & gws boys). No need to rush.

As it stands, Weitering looks set to reach 20 games. I underestimated him with 15.

McKay at 0, perhaps 1 this week?

Charlie is done at 8. Sadly, I managed hit the mark here.

Cunningham likely to end with 3. Overestimated by some way with 12, didn't adjust as soon as some might've expected based on pre-season.

And the surprise packet, Silvagni, currently at 7, maybe 8 this week. Did not envisage a debut this year for SOJ.

Glass-Mac very much a work in progress.

Weitering: 20
McKay: 0 (maybe 1)
Curnow: 8
Cuningham: 3 (likely)
Silvagni: 7 (maybe 8)
Glass-Mac: 0

I'm going a little more conservative. With a healthy list and some seasoned recruits, I'm not sure there will be as many opportunities.
Weitering..........6
McKay...............0
Curnow.............7
Cuningham.......8
Silvagni.............0
Glass-Mac..........0
Whoops.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back