Who will play the first game from 2005 draft?

Remove this Banner Ad

Axcellence

Cancelled
St Kilda - Player Sponsor Nathan Wright 2015 St Kilda - Nathan Wright Player Sponsor 2014 St Kilda Saints - Nicholas Heyne 2010 Player Sponsor
Jul 9, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Surprise!
Who will play the first H & A game from 2005 draft?

If we discount the priority picks (and the recycled players), who's most likely to play the first game?

Axcellence said:
If we discount the priority picks (and the recycled players), who's most likely to play the first game?
Nathan Jones, looks pretty ready made

My guesses are Marc Murphy is a certainty

Others would be Marcus Drum, Patrick Ryder, every single player Hawthorn drafted.....

would think michael rix would be an imediate start, as a long shot but i rekon matt white could possibly get a start if he keeps training well....
there wouldnt be too many others...maybe hurn maybe even kennedy lookin at carltons list

I doubt Kennedy will play first given he has only just started training after having a partial shoulder reconstruction.Not forgetting Hartlett is training the house down and should get first crack in a KPP.

I reckon Drum will get first crack and I can't see Hurn getting a game with Waters, Butler and Nicoski working to establish themselves in the side.

Ryder will get killed if he gets hit.

Hmm... pretty close

My choices were

1. Marc Murphy
2. Shannon Hurn
3. Joshua Kennedy
4. Nathan Jones
5. Grant Birchell
6. Danny Stanley
7. Paul Bower

That's purely going on weight/height ratio and draft pick number.

Murphy WILL play round 1.

Others would be Jones and Clark.

Drum and Ryder No they are too small.

JON is small, but I am sure TW will push him to play a few early.

Also White who has already been mensioned, seems to go well

The only player that I would say will certainly play is Marc Murphy.

Most of the other top draft picks simply will not be ready such as Ellis, Kennedy, Dowler etc

Would say that probably Drum and Jones will play also.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

pilkos_cats said:
Mathew Stokes
is an older pick up who is ready to play footy with the cats

VIEW PROFILE

http://gfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=players&spg=playerprofile&personid=358834

I was gonna say him.

Ben McKinley is a chance as West Coast don't have much of a foward line for him to compete to get a spot in.

If the worst luck happens for Geelong (we can only hope it doesn't) and Otto and Kingy are both injured West may get a shot (along side Blake)

wat about shaun higgins or dylan addison? would they be some sort of chance for the dogs as eade has hinted?

It wouldnt suprise me that only 1 or 2 play in round one. BUt then again none could. Murphy, Hurn or Jones i think could be the ones to get a gig first round.

Johnson#26 said:
Danny Stanley may be a bit of a darkhorse. Dale Thomas should play early on, too.

Stanley before Thomas! Danny is already developed. In fact, looks like a 2nd or 3rd year player already (body wise). Thomas is too skinny. Unless a player is built or has electifying pace, then there is no reason to play them in their first year. Clubs should be guiding them through the seconds and then in their secoind year step up or push for seniors.

The teams who debut first year players are indicating that they are struggling!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back