Who will step up in 2004

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by maccas_no1
Marty Mattner is set to EXPLODE:D :D :D

Ouch! Poor Marty!!

My pick is Parker. We need him to stand tall and learn everything he can from blokes like Smart and Hart.

Of those mentioned i believe we will need at least 2 if not 3 of them to become regulars next year or we could be in a bit of strife,

My picks & hopes are Rutten & Reilly & if ready throw in young Schuback as well,

Originally posted by Stiffy_18
Hey dude you can be the president of The Nathan Bock fan club and I'll lead The Trent Hentschel fan club:p
lol..
Well i will be the president of the Brent Reilly fan club.. and going by the votes above i would suggest my club would be the most succesful :D

Brent for me :p He will have a huge 2004, and should be one of the top hunters for the wing position. Was really unfortunate he broke his collarbone this year, probably was the worst time to do it at the beggining when he was just starting to turn heads :( And to do it a second time was even worser luck!

Can't wait to see him as a regular next year, and if he doesnt get in, i will protest outside gary's house! i just have to find out where he lives

Originally posted by RaDaR ReiLLy
lol..
Well i will be the president of the Brent Reilly fan club.. and going by the votes above i would suggest my club would be the most succesful :D

Brent for me :p He will have a huge 2004, and should be one of the top hunters for the wing position. Was really unfortunate he broke his collarbone this year, probably was the worst time to do it at the beggining when he was just starting to turn heads :( And to do it a second time was even worser luck!

Can't wait to see him as a regular next year, and if he doesnt get in, i will protest outside gary's house! i just have to find out where he lives

Gary lives next to Greg Blewett! St Peters area .... ;)

That list is a worry for me, with the exception of Reilly I can't see anyone that is going to be a star. All other players have a huge question mark against some part of their game and look to be "average" players at best.

Blokes that are too slow will never find extra speed. (Rutten on foot, Skipworth with his hands)
Blokes that impersonate rakes won't ever bulk up enough. (Hentschel)
Blokes with no smarts will never become instinctive. (Bock, Mattner)

Schuback and Parker are the only other exceptions here. Haven't seen enough of Parker (or Jericho) to comment.
Schuback was mostly played up forward for the bays and he appers to be in the mould of a small Scott Welsh if he stays there, nothing wrong with that, except that we have a Scott Welsh already. On the few occaisions he was played as a midfielder he did crap, but that was ususally when we were getting smashed, so not his fault.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back