Prediction Who will Step up ( Rookie Listed players)

Remove this Banner Ad

Skeptical or speculative??
He dropped far for a reason. Taylor thought his name was Treebeard.

Even though he was (apparently) slow, he managed to kick multiple goals for the state. He was in the mix before 2016 as a top 20 pick. Maybe his earlier form is the real Strnadica and his final predraft year was just a bad year.
I think he is a high risk, very high reward pick. Great for a Rookie pick.
Sorry not enough sleep. The other "s" word.

I still maintain it's closer to a medium risk, high reward pick.

I maintain that he's gonna be awesome. Come at me haters.
One step at a time , he is actually competing with apeness for the forward / ruck position . if Clarke and Griff play wafl , don't know how he going to develop apart from playing reserve league.

Happy New Year all! It's pretty clear to anyone semi-intelligent that Taylin "The Man" Duman is the next big thing for us (on our rookie list). Most commentators are already referring to him as "the new and improved Mundy", "Fyfe v2 but in defence", "even better than the good bloke" - perhaps not in the media yet but behind-the-scenes I assure you.

Speed and composure out of defence at an ideal height and with the flexibility to play through the midfield. Ticks all the boxes, just needs to build the body. Excited for our future half backs with Hughes, Nyhuis, Ryan and Duman all with plenty of upside imo (releasing so much talent further up-field - Weller, Tucker etc). Add in Hamling, APearce and Logue and the future of our defence looks bright.

* this post may contain elements of bias

Happy New Year all! It's pretty clear to anyone semi-intelligent that Taylin "The Man" Duman is the next big thing for us (on our rookie list). Most commentators are already referring to him as "the new and improved Mundy", "Fyfe v2 but in defence", "even better than the good bloke" - perhaps not in the media yet but behind-the-scenes I assure you.

Speed and composure out of defence at an ideal height and with the flexibility to play through the midfield. Ticks all the boxes, just needs to build the body. Excited for our future half backs with Hughes, Nyhuis, Ryan and Duman all with plenty of upside imo (releasing so much talent further up-field - Weller, Tucker etc). Add in Hamling, APearce and Logue and the future of our defence looks bright.

* this post may contain elements of bias
It is a pretty attacking group of players, perhaps a bit light on for muscle, although Collins is there too.

I think Strnadica will be in the discussion for this next year. He needs some time in the gym, and some time on the track to increase his fitness.
I'm sure he'll make it as a player though, he's not a rookie because he's a skeptical pick, or needs to be developed into an AFL player. He's a rookie because we were super lucky he dropped that far.
One step at a time , he is actually competing with apeness for the forward / ruck position . if Clarke and Griff play wafl , don't know how he going to develop apart from playing reserve league.
Been taking some Impressive, contested marks at training.

I knew mid season 2016 Freo were going to get him. Glad freo got him too. I have said this before and said this again, His Parents are mad docker fans so that's a plus.

Only way I see him get games this year is we have a massive injury run like last year. Very certain that he will get games in 2018 when Sandi and Griffin retire.

I knew mid season 2016 Freo were going to get him. Glad freo got him too. I have said this before and said this again, His Parents are mad docker fans so that's a plus.

Only way I see him get games this year is we have a massive injury run like last year. Very certain that he will get games in 2018 when Sandi and Griffin retire.
Can only see Sandi Retire if freo win flag in 2017.

I do remember you calling it. With his terrible performance in the beep test (I think it was the beep), do you think that was part of a strategy to get to the Dockers? It is a fair risk of failure to get to your desired destination if it involves getting picked in the Rookie Draft.

I do remember you calling it. With his terrible performance in the beep test (I think it was the beep), do you think that was part of a strategy to get to the Dockers? It is a fair risk of failure getting picked in the Rookie Draft.
Beep test means nothing. Endurance can be eventually improve just like goal kicking. Dean cox was the most unfit player in the Eagles side when he 1st started. He then became on of the most fittest in his prime years.

Freo has had a history of players from the rookie draft having decent careers.

Walters was over weight and unfit at the start of 2012. We all know what happened next.

If Strnadicas only weakness is his endurance, then that's fine. 2-3 seasons of training and development will do him wonders.

Beep test means nothing. Endurance can be eventually improve just like goal kicking. Dean cox was the most unfit player in the Eagles side when he 1st started. He then became on of the most fittest in his prime years.

Freo has had a history of players from the rookie draft having decent careers.

Walters was over weight and unfit at the start of 2012. We all know what happened next.

If Strnadicas only weakness is his endurance, then that's fine. 2-3 seasons of training and development will do him wonders.
Beep test do mean a thing , but somebody mention he actually injured during the draft testing .

Can everyone chill out and watch Brady Grey in his AFL appearances last season. He is AFL standard. Tackling pressure is phenomenal. With Deboer gone and Suban on his way out, Grey will be in contention

On SM-N920I using BigFooty.com mobile app
Still in rehab group. If not let him go with selwood and see who is tougher .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think that Luke Strnadica will get first nod from RTB . He has come on leaps and bounds over the preseason and he is a better mark than Griffin and Apeness. His ruck work isn.t too bad either.

Pump
1) Brady grey

At this rate you should be giving everyone a go, nothing to lose. I would give guys on their second year in the list a go first. They should run out with a nothing to lose, everything to gain mentality – give it everything, go hard, chase, do your thing, be yourself... at worst you go the way you were and end up axed, and at best you end up with another few years. Get some of that tension and angst out there and get it to show as adrenaline and excitement.

Thought this thread deserved a bump given Nyhuis' performance.

Only Uebergang, Strnadica and Duman left.
Uber won't be able to play this year due to no pre season . Duman a big chance now .

I think Nyhuis will go ok. His improvement this year has been amazing. Add that to the fact he's put on a fair bit height and muscle this year - he's ready to roll.
Is a four goal, match winning debut "going ok"?

If so, this guy nailed it!

Uber won't be able to play this year due to no pre season . Duman a big chance now .
Duman still a bit skinny though? Doesn't seem to consistently get a lot of it for Peel either.

Probably his biggest obstacle would be the players available. He would be behind Bennell, Langdon, Balic with Spurr and Mundy to return as well. I just don't think an opportunity will open up for him this year.

Would like to see him out there though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back