Prediction Who will the club draft ?

Remove this Banner Ad

2 so far!!! Keep em coming Haggis!!!

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Obviously no love for RCD. From anyone. Passed up at 16, which I thought would be a steal, to get McHenry then we've basically shut up shop.

I don't know any of these guys from a variety of soap, but i doubt anyone got close to predicting anything close to that.

Trouble is you didnt have your pick in time. Sorry they dont count.

Oh well, I am still happy .

Are we going to go in 1 short next year or trade our pick for 2 later ones... or use a pick in the 70’s? that is the big question.
and where has the draft machine gone? I can’t look up any other players... unless they were predicted top 30?

Bailey Williams etc...

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not sure that anyone has done exceptionally well. No one certainly didnt see what was to happen at pick 19 (was 16). Anyway tomorrow sees us with the second pick of the day...pick 24 and you can either stick with your seections or you can change the last one. Williams was by far our most popular pick in the draft albeit we did see him as being a late pick. So let me know if you want to make a change.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We currently have a few threads where everyone is discussing our draft needs. This year is a little more interesting given the number of South Aussie kids who rate very highly. Individuals have swapped and changed their minds especially given that we can swap/negotiate draft picks on the night. So this year will be more exciting than previous years. What I want to do is to get everyones selections in the one spot and without all the discussion noise and critiquing of others picks, so we can all see who is our best talent scout. Bragging rights is up for grabs.

Currently we have four excellent opportunities this year with picks 8, 13, 16 & 21. These will be adjusted given the Acadamy and Father/son picks but essentially we have four picks. I have ignored our later pick.

The questions I want answered are:
1 Will we trade up or down to improve our picks?
2 Who will we draft with our picks? (not to be confused with who you would like to draft and also no multiple selections)

Selections must be in by 5.30pm Sydney time Thursday. However as only round 1 will be completed on Thursday everyone can review and adjust their round 2 pick (pick 21) and the cut off time for round 2 selections will be 3.30pm Sydney Time Friday.

Not sure that anyone has done exceptionally well. No one certainly didnt see what was to happen at pick 19 (was 16). Anyway tomorrow sees us with the second pick of the day...pick 24 and you can either stick with your seections or you can change the last one. Williams was by far our most popular pick in the draft albeit we did see him as being a late pick. So let me know if you want to make a change.

Brissycrow: ....Caldwell, Hately, Williams, Valente
Danger in Texas: ....Caldwell, bid on Quaynor then RCD, bid on Briggs then McHenry, Bid on Kelly then Williams
Comeonden: ....Caldwell, Hartley, Butters, Williams
Daniel1812: ....Caldwell, Hately, Butters, Williams
Golumless: ....Caldwell, RCD, Jones, McLennen
kaluk: ....Jones, Sturt, Duursma, X O'Halloran
CrowinNT: ....Caldwell, Jones, RCD, Williams
Crow till I die: ....B King, RCD, Duursma, Williams
Jeffcrow: ....Caldwell, Hately, bid on Briggs then Sturt, McHenry
Shaz2012:
....Rozee, RCD, Sturt, Williams
Boogie Knight: ....B King, Jones, RCD, Williams
Glenny83: ....Rankine, Lukosious, Rozee, Jonty Scharenberg
James_37: ....B King, Butters, O'Hallaran, Taylor
ams4crows: ....Jones, RCD, Bid on Briggs then Williams, X O'Halloran
Crow_68: ....Jones, RCD, Stocker, X O'Halloran
huludicidal: Trade 13, 16 & 73 for 9 & 25....Caldwell, Hately, Williams, Taylor
jackster83: ....Clark, Butters, Valente, Taylor
latinoheat: ....Caldwell, Sturt, Bid on Briggs then Williams, O'Halloran
hugecannon: ....Rozee, Hately, RCD, Valente
Crowked: ....Caldwell, Clark, Butters, Williams
Fivel_79: Trade 8 &13 for 3 & 29....Rankine, Williams, McHenry, Sparrow
Hodgy: Trade 13 & 16 for 6 & 29....Rozee, Caldwell, Valente, Kennerly (Also nominated late pick for Grundy but not necessary)
GreyCrow: Trade 8 & 13 for 3....Rankine, Hately, Williams
The Sloane Ranger: ....Caldwell, Hately, bid on Briggs, McHenry
maxlilly:
....Caldwell, Sturt, RCD, Williams
Sidthehat: ....B King, Jones, RCD, Valente
lunacy: ....Caldwell, Hately Valente, McHenry
phill5158:
....Caldwell, Jones, RCD, Williams
JPetro83: ....Caldwell, Jones, Sturt, Williams
Thetrader15: ....Caldwell, Hately, Sturt, Williams
conVINCEd: ....Caldwell, Sturt, bid for Kelly then Valente, Williams
azza77: ....Caldwell, Hately, Bid on Briggs then Williams, Valente
DJ75: ....Caldwell, Butters, Williams, Grundy
Murray2503: ....Rozee, RCD, Sturt, Williams
Stiffy_18: ....Caldwell, Hately, Butters, Williams
Sanders: ....Rozee, Jones, Hately, Sturt
bickley26: ....Caldwell, Hately, Sturt, Valente
Freshj: ....Caldwell, Hately, Williams, Sparrow
Bicks: ....M King, Hately, Williams, no selection
Froggy: Trade 8 & 16 for 3....Rankin, Hately, Williams
pjcrows: .....Caldwell, Butters, Stocker, Sturt.
Rorys458: ....Caldwell, Hately, Valente, Sturt
Elite Crow: Trade 8, 13 & 2019 1st for 2 & 24....Lukosius, Duursma O'Hallaran, Williams
ALD9798: ....Caldwell, Sturt, Williams, Valente
WheresGroomgone: Trade 8 & 13 for 3 ....Rankine, Hately Valente
cocka: ....Bid on Blakey then Butters, Bid on Quaynor then RCD, Sturt, Jones
oriXon:
Trade 8 & 13 for 3....Rankine, RCD, Williams.
Tobster: Trade pick 21 for 2019 1st....RCD, Stocker, Butters,
Kane McGoodwin: Trade 8.13.16 &21 for 2 & 3....Lokosius, Rankine
Geoffa32: ....Hatlely, Caldwell, RCD, Williams
GROTTO: ....Rankine, Butters, Williams, Valente
Ozzie: ....Caldwell, Hately, Williams, Sturt
Freddy Bassett: Trade 21 for 2019 picks....Rozee, Butters, Hately
Mr MysteryGuest: ....Caldwell, Hately, Butters, O'Hallaran
LiguidCrow: ....Rozee, Hately, Williams, Bytel
Miss Vanessa: ....Caldwell, Stocker, Sturt, Williams
craig crowing: ....Caldwell, Hately, Williams, Sturt
Crouch#44: ....Jones, Hately, McLennan, Sparrow
Linekers Ears: ....Caldwell, Hately, RCD, Williams
El Doederino: ....Caldwell, Bid on Quaynor then Butters, Sturt, Williams
baby back Bibs: .....Bid on Blakey, bid on thomas then Caldwell, Briggs, Butters, Valente
LipstickHorse: ....B King, RCD, McHenry, Williams
AdelaideFan14: ....Jones, Duursma, McHenry, O. Hallaran
Well I am not sure how I feel about the draft haul that we selected. Some are estatic about having a possible strong position in the 2019 draft. Perhaps we will get involved with trading picks again in 2019 and make our 2020 strong. Personally I would have liked to see us take our first three picks and agree that the trade done with pick 21 was a good idea. Whether or not we picked the right players is debatable but only time will tell. Whether the trading of picks have been done to help us try and trade a Luk or Rankine back home is also questionable.

In a draft that was so strong and full of SA high caliber players to end up with none doesn't sit well with me at the moment.

In the selection comp we had no one who got all four picks but our last selector, AdelaideFan14:, came the closest. Well done! Unfortunately we couldn't drum up a prize but AdelaideFan14: can smile with the knowledge he knows more than the rest of us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back