Who will the Tigers give up

Remove this Banner Ad

Sezzac

Debutant
Sep 20, 2003
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blues
Brown to the Tigers? Will the Tigers give up Richo or pick 6. Doggies have nothing to loose by going all out for pick 6 IMHO.

If you were the Doggies who else would you take for Brown. I doubt there is many the Tigers will want to give up that are worthy of Brown.

With pick 6 the Doggies will have 1, 4 and 6. Nice!!!!!

The dogs have already said that they will be looking for a quality player(s) rather than picks for Brown. From the tiges i think they would be interested in Joel Bowden who is kinda similar to Brown and needs a fresh start at a new club. Bowden also has his Bro at the doggies. I predict Bowden + something else for Brown.

Originally posted by Hosko
The dogs have already said that they will be looking for a quality player(s) rather than picks for Brown. From the tiges i think they would be interested in Joel Bowden who is kinda similar to Brown and needs a fresh start at a new club. Bowden also has his Bro at the doggies. I predict Bowden + something else for Brown.

I would suggest that Bowden plus pick #6 would be on the cards.

Another possibility is Ben Holland going to a 3rd club in return for quality players / picks.

Originally posted by bulldogs_54
wat about Bowden and richo for brown
Ummm...let me think about that for a minute.......NO!

To be honest I would be more than happy if Richmond and the Bulldogs can't arrange a trade. I really don't want Brown, I would prefer to start rebuilding with young talent that will be around for 10-12 years. Someone like Colin Sylvia sounds like a good place to start (although from what I hear he will be gone by pik #6). JUST SAY NO TO N.BROWN.

When the dogs say they want a quality player, they arent talking about Joel Bowden!!

Brown is worth pick #6 and a bit. They will ontrade pick 6.

Joel Bowden may be the target of the Richmond boo-boys but that mostly is because he is only quite good and not the top-20 player that fans want him to be. He is worth at least as much as Nathan Brown. Bowden is coming off his worst season in football but still was 18th in the league for disposals.

Nathan Brown and a 2nd round draft pick for Bowden is more realistic.

Similarly Richardson is a key-forward and key-forwards trade at a premium. Whatever he is actually worth Richmond would face a riot if Richardson was traded for less than a 1st and 2nd round pick plus either a player or a third round pick.

Brown for Bowden AND Richardson is comical.

Similar as in both play football. That's about it. Bowden isn't even close to being in the same bracket.

Bowden has had his worst year, according to another Tiges fan. That is not a good reason for us to want him - maybe a good reason why the Tiges want to get rid of him.

You wouldn't be able to find a Doggies supporter who'd want him, let alone anyone in the administration (I hope).

Originally posted by Hosko

Originally posted by Weaver
Joel Bowden may be the target of the Richmond boo-boys but that mostly is because he is only quite good and not the top-20 player that fans want him to be. He is worth at least as much as Nathan Brown. Bowden is coming off his worst season in football but still was 18th in the league for disposals.

Similarly Richardson is a key-forward and key-forwards trade at a premium. Whatever he is actually worth Richmond would face a riot if Richardson was traded for less than a 1st and 2nd round pick plus either a player or a third round pick.

Brown for Bowden AND Richardson is comical.

Spot on Weaver.

Brown didn't feature in the top 5 in the B & F for the spooners, yet their supporters seem to think he is worth two first round picks or a first round pick plus topline player. Pure fantasy.

Originally posted by Weaver

Mods?

I think we need to take some decisive action over some of the ****wits who are posting on this board.

Most of us try to act seriously and arrange some decent deals.

Originally posted by Crumden
Spot on Weaver.

Brown didn't feature in the top 5 in the B & F for the spooners, yet their supporters seem to think he is worth two first round picks or a first round pick plus topline player. Pure fantasy.
The reality is he is 25 and is a two time AA and could easily have 4 AA guernseys.He had 100 scoring shots in the bottom placed side when he was getting triple teamed every week.As someone said the other day I am scared ****less of what he will do if the pressure is taken off him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick #6 & Pick #21 for Brown + #34 is the deal that will be requested. I strongly believe that anything less will be flatly rejected by the Bulldogs.

Bulldogs may on-trade Pick #6 for a top-draw talent, but they don't want a bar of the following:

- Richardson
- Holland
- Bowden (Only because he can't be traded?)

Only players of interest who could be involved in a straight swap would be Ottens and Coughlan. I doubt the Tigers will offer either.

Newman and Zantuck may feature as a replacement for Pick #21, but again, I think the Dogs would prefer the extra pick over two young, but handy-at-best players.

Originally posted by evertonfc
Pick #6 & Pick #21 for Brown + #34 is the deal that will be requested. I strongly believe that anything less will be flatly rejected by the Bulldogs.

Everton, what did you think that Fraser Gehrig was worth when he wanted to come back to Victoria. A high first and second round pick? No you probably wanted the Saints to hand over much more than that. He was a key position player (All Australian 1997) who was only 24 years old. Many club were interested in acquiring his services, yet the saints only gave pick 18 and Sierakowski (dud). As you can see it is a BUYERS market when somebody walks out on a club.

And BTW please don't be calling posters like Weaver ***wits, he knows infinately more about football than 99% of the bigfooty posters (yourself included).

I agree, calling Weaver a ***wit is really stupid.

I always look for Weavers post because they are informative and accurate, he does know more than 99% of posters on Bigfooty...

You think you do...there in lies the difference!

Originally posted by Tigerbob
I always look for Weavers post because they are informative and accurate, he does know more than 99% of posters on Bigfooty...

I'd go further 100%. He is just too much.

Brown + pick 1 and 4 for Weaver?

Tiger fans are living in fantasy land if they think they can get Brown without pick 6 and a good , youngish player from either Richmond or another club.

Originally posted by Crumden
Spot on Weaver.

he still kicked 56 goals and had 330 disposals, he was starved of opportunities all year. When the ball did get to him he was damaging Bowden may have had 480 disposals and been in the top twenty in the afl, but he was also number one in the league for clangers/turnovers and kicked only 12 goals.

Bowden/Brown (since we've changed direction):

Where do you see these players in terms of games played, accomplishments in seven years?

Let me start:

Brown - At least another two All-Australians, at least one club leading goal-kicker (unless he goes to Essendon), and a top-three finish in the Brownlow. With maybe a year or two to play.

Bowden - Revered by the Richmond faithful, a standout leader of the cheersquad, skills coach, and retired two years. End-of-season trip organiser and property manager (I don't mean Stockdale and Leggo).

Originally posted by stevebiscuit
if bowden is so good why is it that every week the tigers fans boo, yell and scream for him to be dropped every week?

They don't mean permanently. Just to give him a kick up the backside. Alot of it stems from Tiger fans having expectations from his first couple of years that he would end being in the top 10 players in the AFL. He is actually a very talented footballer who would thrive in a strongly disciplined side with experienced teammates who wouldn't put up with cr@p and under say a Pagan, Malthouse or Mathews. Unfortunately at Richmond his laconical attitude has been and is tolerated.

Originally posted by evertonfc

- Bowden (Only because he can't be traded?)

Why is this so evertonfc? The "Heffernan Rule" doesn't come into place until next year - even said so in the Sunday Hun yesterday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back