Prediction Who will we take with Pick 11?

Pick 11?

• Bruhn

Votes: 11 10.5%
  • Perkins

Votes: 20 19.0%
  • Cox

Votes: 47 44.8%
  • Reid

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Chapman

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • Henry

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Carroll

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • O’Driscoll

Votes: 9 8.6%
  • Other

Votes: 5 4.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We’ve got one for Pick 2 - I feel like Pick 11 is somewhat neglected on this board, so keen to hear who people have in their sights for this pick. Really good opportunity to get a very good player with 11.

Obviously it’s going to come down to who gets taken between 3-10. It’s going to be interesting to see if we take similar types (2xKPP/2xMid) or opposite types (1xMid 1xKPP).

Some of the names that could be available at this Pick, there is some serious talent here and 11 is in a sweet spot that will allow us to likely get one of the following:
- Bruhn
- Cox
- Perkins
- Reid
- O’Driscoll
- Henry
- Poulter
- Chapman
- Carrol

Who do we want?

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Scenario 1:

Pick 2 - Holland’s
Pick 11 - Cox/Reid/Champman

Good balance - Personally I cant see both Cox and Reid going before pick 11, so if we take Holland’s, good chance we get a good KPP at 11.

Scenario 2:

Pick 2 - Mcdonald/Thrillthorpe/DGB
Pick 11 -Bruhn/O’Driscoll/Perkins/Caroll

Good balance - get one of the top KPPs but limit our options for mids to whatever is left.

Scenario 3:

Pick 2 - Holland’s
Pick 11 - Bruhn/O’Driscoll/Perkins/Caroll

Could really nail down our future midfield. Risk here is really if we end up with two more flankers. I’d expect one to be a hybrid flanker and one traditional mid.

Scenario 4:
Pick 11 - Cox/Reid/Chapman

Would well and truly nail down a future KPP stocks. Definitely the long game option. My least favourable of the options. Two first rounders on KPP will be tough to stomach short term.

Last edited:

Scenario 1:

Pick 2 - Holland’s

Scenario 2:

Pick 11 - Bruhn/O’Driscoll/Perkins/Carol

Scenario 3:

Pick 2 - Holland’s
Pick 11 - Bruhn/O’Driscoll/Perkins/Carol

Scenario 4:
I like Bruhn and O'Driscoll, although I am far from a devoted junior level observer, but I still would be happy if we took Cox even if we got McDonald.

dollarscost

Debutant
Oct 10, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'm really hoping for it to be Cox, but I really worry that * will snap him up with one of their picks at 6, 7 or 8.

200cm players with Cox's athleticism, movement and unbelievable kicking ability don't come around often - not to mention that he's got a great head on his shoulders and looks to be a good leader. He's got insane upside and I'd be ecstatic if he was in blue and white next year, I just have a feeling it won't happen because he'll be off the board. Fingers crossed.

Should we look at trading it to Collingwood so that they can.......... nah, take Cox if there.

I have no issue looking at slight downgrades to both our first rounders if we acquire significant overs including a 2020 + a 2021 pick for each.

two shots at first round this year, 3 shots next and a whole lotta death riding.

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'm really hoping for it to be Cox, but I really worry that * will snap him up with one of their picks at 6, 7 or 8.

200cm players with Cox's athleticism, movement and unbelievable kicking ability don't come around often - not to mention that he's got a great head on his shoulders and looks to be a good leader. He's got insane upside and I'd be ecstatic if he was in blue and white next year, I just have a feeling it won't happen because he'll be off the board. Fingers crossed.

Reid is a pretty good compromise

I have no issue looking at slight downgrades to both our first rounders if we acquire significant overs including a 2020 + a 2021 pick for each.

two shots at first round this year, 3 shots next and a whole lotta death riding.
Completely understand that position, just would like us to take at least one tall with the first two picks. If we slip back to 5/6 with a GC trade, I'd prefer us to take Cox at 11/whatever. Don't think he'll last to Collingwood's pick/s.

MinistryOfMajak

All Australian
Jul 30, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
For me we need at least one KPP from these first two picks. Depending on availability I'd probably lean towards two.

Pick 2 should be Logan or Thilthorpe IMO. I love the look of Hollands and Phillips but next year's crop is supposed to be really strong in midfielders. I'd wager we're going to have a very early pick again so we'll be able to pick up a great midfielder then.

If Cox is available at 11, he's a must have IMO. Guys his size with his kicking ability don't come along every day and we'd really be nailing down our KPPs for the future.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
For me we need at least one KPP from these first two picks. Depending on availability I'd probably lean towards two.

Pick 2 should be Logan or Thilthorpe IMO. I love the look of Hollands and Phillips but next year's crop is supposed to be really strong in midfielders. I'd wager we're going to have a very early pick again so we'll be able to pick up a great midfielder then.

If Cox is available at 11, he's a must have IMO. Guys his size with his kicking ability don't come along every day and we'd really be nailing down our KPPs for the future.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

I’m pretty opposed to taking keys early in the draft, but will happily cop 1 with one of our picks this year. However I’d be pretty gutted if we take KPPs with both (scenario 4) if Cox was available at 11 after we took Thrillthorpe at 2.

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Apologies for spreading my anti early pick KPP agenda, but surely selecting Comben with our best pick last year comes into the thought process. Two consecutive drafts using our best picks on KPPs would be very interesting from a list management perspective, to say the least.

They can’t really complain about needing pace/our midfield if they don’t use the best tool (first pick) at our disposal to address it.

Anyway, I have faith in whatever decision they make, but two years of KPPs with top picks would be an interesting call.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
We’ve got one for Pick 2 - I feel like Pick 11 is somewhat neglected on this board, so keen to hear who people have in their sights for this pick. Really good opportunity to get a very good player with 11.

Obviously it’s going to come down to who gets taken between 3-10. It’s going to be interesting to see if we take similar types (2xKPP/2xMid) or opposite types (1xMid 1xKPP).

Some of the names that could be available at this Pick, there is some serious talent here and 11 is in a sweet spot that will allow us to likely get one of the following:
- Bruhn
- Cox
- Perkins
- Reid
- O’Driscoll
- Henry
- Poulter
- Chapman
- Carrol

Who do we want?

It's very possible, even likely, that Bruhn, Perkins, Reid and possibly Cox and Henry are gone by our 2nd pick

After academy and F/S selections how far out will this pick go? I’ve seen a couple of phantoms that have it around the 15.

Who cares?
We could never pick the academy and f/a picks anyway.
Dare I say, whatever number pick it is... is academic anyway.
We will pick the 11th beat player from the available pool we have at the start of the draft regardless of what number it is...
Unless someone doesn’t match a bid.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Who cares?
We could never pick the academy and f/a picks anyway.
Dare I say, whatever number pick it is... is academic anyway.
We will pick the 11th beat player from the available pool we have at the start of the draft regardless of what number it is...
Unless someone doesn’t match a bid.

I care. I care because we can still trade draft picks.

Back