Prediction Who will we take with Pick 11?

Pick 11?

• Bruhn

Votes: 11 10.5%
  • Perkins

Votes: 20 19.0%
  • Cox

Votes: 47 44.8%
  • Reid

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Chapman

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • Henry

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Carroll

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • O’Driscoll

Votes: 9 8.6%
  • Other

Votes: 5 4.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m pretty opposed to taking keys early in the draft, but will happily cop 1 with one of our picks this year. However I’d be pretty gutted if we take KPPs with both (scenario 4) if Cox was available at 11 after we took Thrillthorpe at 2.

Yep, last time we faced this dilemma, we selected Hansen over Selwood.

There's possibly interest from the GC and * on a tall so you'd think that trade options will eventuate for either McDonald or Thilthorpe.

It's very possible, even likely, that Bruhn, Perkins, Reid and possibly Cox and Henry are gone by our 2nd pick

It's interesting when you look at the picks that are between ours and 11...

The fantastic five make up 3-5 (Sydney Hawks GC)
Essendon then have 3 picks - surely they are going to take a mix of players, I would be shocked if they took more then 1 KPP and expect 1 KPP 2 Mids/Flank
Adelaide then have 9 and I think are unlikely to take a KPP with both picks so expect this to be a mid
GWS likely to take best available at 10, with no clear positional need

Outside the Fantastic Five, only way that Reid & Cox are gone is if GWS take one (I assume Essendon will). I'd expect Essendon & Adelaide to take 3 of the following mids/flanks Perkins, Bruhn, O'Driscoll or Henry.

So my guess is that we will be left with one of Cox/Reid or one of Perkins/Bruhn/O'Driscoll/Henry

Essendon then have 3 picks - surely they are going to take a mix of players, I would be shocked if they took more then 1 KPP and expect 1 KPP 2 Mids/Flank
Adelaide then have 9 and I think are unlikely to take a KPP with both picks so expect this to be a mid

Outside the Fantastic Five, only way that Reid & Cox are gone is if GWS take one (I assume Essendon will). I'd expect Essendon & Adelaide to take 3 of the following mids/flanks Perkins, Bruhn, O'Driscoll or Henry.

So my guess is that we will be left with one of Cox/Reid or one of Perkins/Bruhn/O'Driscoll/Henry

I'd be guessing Essendon take 2 of Phillips/Bruhn/Perkins plus Reid. If that is the case, personally I'd be hoping Henry slips to us. If not Cox. If he's gone then who knows.

I'd be guessing Essendon take 2 of Phillips/Bruhn/Perkins plus Reid. If that is the case, personally I'd be hoping Henry slips to us. If not Cox. If he's gone then who knows.

Yep - Could also argue that they take O'Driscoll as the big tall powerful mid, or given they've picked up Caldwell they only take 1 more midfielder.

If Adelaide take Logan at 1, then I see a good chance that they take O'Driscoll at 9.

So many scenarios that could play out, but I am confident that at 11 we will get some pretty good dregs.

Yep - Could also argue that they take O'Driscoll as the big tall powerful mid, or given they've picked up Caldwell they only take 1 more midfielder.

If Adelaide take Logan at 1, then I see a good chance that they take O'Driscoll at 9.

So many scenarios that could play out, but I am confident that at 11 we will get some pretty good dregs.

For some reason, I don't like the look of O'Driscoll so I really hope he's gone before 11 leaving one of the others to us. Having said that now watch him become the next Nat Fyfe.

Apologies for spreading my anti early pick KPP agenda, but surely selecting Comben with our best pick last year comes into the thought process. Two consecutive drafts using our best picks on KPPs would be very interesting from a list management perspective, to say the least.

They can’t really complain about needing pace/our midfield if they don’t use the best tool (first pick) at our disposal to address it.

Anyway, I have faith in whatever decision they make, but two years of KPPs with top picks would be an interesting call.

Remember when our first three picks were Durdin, Nielson and Vickers-Willis (and then McKay first the following year).

Thank goodness we have had a football department overhaul.

Let’s not discount live trading and clubs might move up to grab a guy they like.

In a mock draft on ESPN they had us taking Finlay Macrae , i'd be very happy if that were to eventuate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I care. I care because we can still trade draft picks.
Still irrelevant.
The picks we were to trade for will also drop. Will most likely make no difference whatsoever for picks in the top 30 or so - I doubt we'd trade below that.
Plus, the thread title is who do we want with pick 11... As such, original points still stands. F/S and academy makes no difference to pick 11.

Still irrelevant.
The picks we were to trade for will also drop. Will most likely make no difference whatsoever for picks in the top 30 or so - I doubt we'd trade below that.
Plus, the thread title is who do we want with pick 11... As such, original points still stands. F/S and academy makes no difference to pick 11.

We can trade it for future picks. That’s why it’s relevant

I think Cox will still be around this pick, especially if Perkins, Chapman or Reid bolts into the top 10.

I am no draft expert but based on viewing his highlights video and hearing him on the wireless earlier this week I would be stoked of we picked up Cox at 11.

Comben and Cox would give us two absolute elite 200cm athletes.

It's very possible, even likely, that Bruhn, Perkins, Reid and possibly Cox and Henry are gone by our 2nd pick

My gut feel is Thilthorpe will either go #1 or #8 (6). If he goes @1, our options will multiply as we'll be offered the world. My take is we don't rate McDonalds' opposition (Brady would know) and are prepared to lay McDonald, which might equate to 2, 39, 2021 R2-> 6,7, 2021 R1, walking away with 1 of Bruhn/Perkins and Cox. Or the 2>GC>5,27,37,2021R1. And possibly then 30+37+39>Pies>14,65

But if McDonald goes at 1, I'll have a crack at what comes next:

Hollands (us)
JUH (bid on by Swans)
DGB (Swans)
Campbell (Swans bid on by Hawks)
Perkins(Hawks)
Phillips (Suns)
Thilthorpe (Essington)
Reid (Essington)
O'Driscoll (Essington)
Poulter(Crows)
Chapman(GWS)
11:Cox/Bruhn/Macrae/Caroll

My gut feel is Thilthorpe will either go #1 or #8 (6). If he goes @1, our options will multiply as we'll be offered the world. My take is we don't rate McDonalds' opposition (Brady would know) and are prepared to lay McDonald, which might equate to 2, 39, 2021 R2-> 6,7, 2021 R1, walking away with 1 of Bruhn/Perkins and Cox. Or the 2>GC>5,27,37,2021R1. And possibly then 30+37+39>Pies>14,65

But if McDonald goes at 1, I'll have a crack at what comes next:

Hollands (us)
JUH (bid on by Swans)
DGB (Swans)
Campbell (Swans bid on by Hawks)
Perkins(Hawks)
Phillips (Suns)
Thilthorpe (Essington)
Reid (Essington)
O'Driscoll (Essington)
Poulter(Crows)
Chapman(GWS)