Prediction Who will we take with Pick 11?

Pick 11?

• Bruhn

Votes: 11 10.5%
  • Perkins

Votes: 20 19.0%
  • Cox

Votes: 47 44.8%
  • Reid

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Chapman

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • Henry

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Carroll

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • O’Driscoll

Votes: 9 8.6%
  • Other

Votes: 5 4.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

All the certainty in this thread is laughable.

You think those who follow drafting (I don't) would learn.

Outside GC and Rowell (who looks fantastic) there isn't a pick 1 in the league in last decade near best 10 players in the league currently.

All missed badly or just promising.

Let alone certainties and locks at 11.

Ridiculous.

This pick will probably end up being 14+ and I'm assuming that all of Perkins, Bruhn, Cox and Reid will be gone. We've got a history of making bids on academy players and we've been addressing our need for speed this trade period, so is it out of the question that we bid on Reef McInnes here and put the Pies under pressure to match? He's top 10 currently on eDPS' draft board.

Lachie had a good 2 year period as a loose CHB, but the injuries and concussions caught up with him really quickly.

Never quite justified his draft spot.
Hansen's biggest problem was his lackadaisical attitude. The boy needed a fire under him. He highlights why we should be cautious on making calls on video alone. Thankfully the psych testing has improved even in that short period of time.

Interesting that Twomney thinks Tanner Bruhn might be available at 11. Would we take the risk given his injury history?

Too early for Eddie Ford?
Interested on where people think he might go?
Although with TT, CT & CZ we're pretty good for young medium forwards.... And Stephenson!!! (forgot - great to be able to say that now). Might be a reach too.
Maybe if he slipped to one of our later picks perhaps? But I'm not sure he'll drift that far.
Still, we thought that with Curtis Taylor and look where he went in the end.

Interested on where people think he might go?
Although with TT, CT & CZ we're pretty good for young medium forwards.... And Stephenson!!! (forgot - great to be able to say that now). Might be a reach too.
Maybe if he slipped to one of our later picks perhaps? But I'm not sure he'll drift that far.
Still, we thought that with Curtis Taylor and look where he went in the end.

Especially if we take Hollands at pick 2.
If we get a tall at pick 11 - hopefully we go a proven midfielder at our next pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hansen's biggest problem was his lackadaisical attitude. The boy needed a fire under him. He highlights why we should be cautious on making calls on video alone. Thankfully the psych testing has improved even in that short period of time.
What lachie put his body through for this club is not consistent with lacking commitment or urgency. I hate this take so much - that a player who doesn’t grimace enough or pump their arms like crazy every time they’re moving anywhere isn’t trying. I mean, we mock Hodge or Selwood for their histrionics but demand it of our own players?

In truth, he lacked that extra bit of athleticism that truly elite KPPs have, and was ruined by injury. For 2-3 seasons at his peak it looked like he might settle in to being a very good tall utility/swingman. Sadly it wasn’t to be.

We should not be looking at key position until our 3rd pick, which is pick 30. Golstein, Larkey, Thompson all were 20+ picks. Even tarrant was only pick 15.

If we can get Hollands and Perkins then it's a job well done.

We need legspeed and looking at all things, we are focusing on midfield legspeed based on the acquisition we have done so far.

Why did we get Atu, Corr, Young, Stephenson? We got them to address leg speed in the forward and backline respectively and also to address Tarrant's eventual retirement. With the recruits we got so far, it all points to us focusing on legspeed in the middle and by that i mean outside legspeed. Stephenson is being trained as an inside midfield who will use his elite talent to use and i believe this could be a premiership catalyst move because it falls outside of what everyone expect.

According to Corne, Stephenson is a 'generational talent'. If we water it down a bit, then he is at least a very good player. A 25 y.o. Stephenson in the old days would be players we chuck 1 million for 6 season and get rejected. Thank goodness we got the right superstar from collingwood. De Goey could have completely destroyed the fabric of north melbourne.

What lachie put his body through for this club is not consistent with lacking commitment or urgency. I hate this take so much - that a player who doesn’t grimace enough or pump their arms like crazy every time they’re moving anywhere isn’t trying. I mean, we mock Hodge or Selwood for their histrionics but demand it of our own players?

In truth, he lacked that extra bit of athleticism that truly elite KPPs have, and was ruined by injury. For 2-3 seasons at his peak it looked like he might settle in to being a very good tall utility/swingman. Sadly it wasn’t to be.

Element of luck too. 2015 was the best indicator of his ability when able to play his best role in settled lineup.

Had we snagged one then the momentum might've seen him hold his form for another 3-4 years.

Lots of sliding doors in these scenarios.

We should not be looking at key position until our 3rd pick, which is pick 30. Golstein, Larkey, Thompson all were 20+ picks. Even tarrant was only pick 15.

How many flags in that lot? Using us as a guide not to use a high pick on a KPP is stupidity. We have been mediocre for 20 years.

Do me a favour and go have a look at the premiers this century. They basically all have KPP’s picked high in the draft.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Element of luck too. 2015 was the best indicator of his ability when able to play his best role in settled lineup.

Had we snagged one then the momentum might've seen him hold his form for another 3-4 years.

Lots of sliding doors in these scenarios.

When some spud turned him inside out on the boundary, it was clear he was finished (aka Wright as body gone).

To imply he didn't try hard enough is simply wrong which equally pisses me off on those who bag Wood.

How many flags in that lot? Using us as a guide not to use a high pick on a KPP is stupidity. We have been mediocre for 20 years.

Do me a favour and go have a look at the premiers this century. They basically all have KPP’s picked high in the draft.

Really? Alex rance was pick 18, Jack Riewoldt is pick 16, if you want to focus on the current premiers...

I agree with Rad believe it or not.

I don't think a KPF is crucial to a flag.

Hawthorn didn't have one nor did Richmond or Bulldogs.

It's a midfielders game more than ever which is how Franklin plays and Roughhead played. Mobile not statues.

Last edited:
Really? Alex rance was pick 18, Jack Riewoldt is pick 16, if you want to focus on the current premiers...
Still 1st round draft picks.

I agree with Rad believe it or not.

I don't think a KPF is crucial to a flag.

Hawthorn didn't have one nor did Richmond (prior Lynch) or Bulldogs.

It's a midfielders game more than ever.
Hawthorn had Buddy and Roughy, post Buddy they had Roughy, Hale, McEvoy and Gunston. Richmond had Jack R. and Nankervis playing more forward in 2017 and Lynch in the next couple. The bulldogs had Tom Boyd play his best match (and a few other things go their way).
I suppose the word crucial is key, but all of the above had some pretty handy GF and PF performances along the way.
I don't think they always played their best in the GFs, but were crucial along the way.

Where did Tom Lynch go? (Pick 11, I’ll save you looking it up.)

Riewoldt was pick 13 by the way.

Last edited:
Back