Prediction Who will we take with Pick 11?

Pick 11?

• Bruhn

Votes: 11 10.5%
  • Perkins

Votes: 20 19.0%
  • Cox

Votes: 47 44.8%
  • Reid

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Chapman

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • Henry

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Carroll

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • O’Driscoll

Votes: 9 8.6%
  • Other

Votes: 5 4.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
No inside mids and a battery of medium sized forwards. Way of the future. I love it. North needs to be ahead of the curve. You could argue we're going that route already with recruiting Stephenson to complement Thomas et al. If we take Hollands and Perkins the cat is officially out of the bag. You have been warned competition........

Stephenson is being trained as an onballer i believe from one of the afl draft preview video on afl.com.au. If this is true then this is masterstroke in that we are finally picking player with special skills instead of going down the 'solid and reliable' that has marred our ability to compete on the inside.

kaboom kid

From the River to the Sea, Israel will be free.
Apr 28, 2016
Destination club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You have just summed up Luke McDonald.

Regardless of how they play, they’re KPP’s. I don’t think anyone in the country doesn’t think Franklin isn’t a key forward.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Did you mean Logan?

Waussie

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You have just summed up Luke McDonald.

Regardless of how they play, they’re KPP’s. I don’t think anyone in the country doesn’t think Franklin isn’t a key forward.

Correct, a very mobile forward.

Nov 7, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Better off doing it now. No point starting to develop a key forward down the track, it puts everything out of whack having to develop them for 4+ years.

I personally don’t think Larkey and Comben is enough. We need to address it now, whether that be with pick 2 or 11.

Hollands is the best forward in the draft. key, small, medium... he is the best at all of them.

And then he goes into the midfield and wins possession and hits up target after target after target until he gets forward where as per above, he requires utmost attention given the amount of ways he can * you. He can * on the left, on the right, one out, in a pack.... 2 on 1 is not enough for this kid. He's not even that big FFS.

The best key forwards are flight risks and our midfield is diabolical - everyone keeps going on about needing a key forward, why don't we learn to play a different way and hit up the plethora of awesome midsized forwards.

If it works out:

Zurhaar - Larkey - Taylor
Hollands - Comben - Cunnington/Stepho

If Comben can't get on the Park:

Zurhaar - Larkey - Taylor
Hollands - Xerri - Cunnington/Stepho

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
This pick is still a sellable commodity if a preferred player has already been taken prior.

GWS, Melbourne (ironically), Collingwood and perhaps Richmond if they use a future pick in combination would all be candidates for coming up the order.

Collingwood is McInnes hasn't had a bid would be especially eager I'd think.

In 2016 at the height of the triple towers/meat grinder we had three players inside the top 25 for tackles inside 50 (W80, LT and Mason Wood who was 25th for ave tackles inside 50 across the comp). It was a sound strategy and a coach who could discipline himself and his players properly would have done better with it over the period 2012 - 2016. Especially 2014, 15 and 16.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thewlis Dish

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 9, 2003
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
FGR
Collingwood is McInnes hasn't had a bid would be especially eager I'd think.

11, 30 and 39 for 14 and 16 would work on paper. Gives them a live pick and 30+39 is the equivalent to pick 16 in terms of points.

However, would only be worthwhile for them if McInnes was guaranteed to be bid on prior to 14. Tough spot for the racists.

11, 30 and 39 for 14 and 16 would work on paper. Gives them a live pick and 30+39 is the equivalent to pick 16 in terms of points.

However, would only be worthwhile for them if McInnes was guaranteed to be bid on prior to 14. Tough spot for the racists.
Pies will also be looking to trade their 2021 first rounder to avoid it getting absorbed in the daicos bid so can work that into any deal

Thewlis Dish

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 9, 2003
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
FGR
Pies will also be looking to trade their 2021 first rounder to avoid it getting absorbed in the daicos bid so can work that into any deal

I think they will wait until next year before trading that pick tbh, unless they got way overs this year. Doesn't really make sense for them to do it now unless it moved them significantly up the order.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf

There's one way to absolutely guarantee that.

Back