Prediction Who will we trade for pick 1?

Remove this Banner Ad

Josh Jenkins - on the proviso that AFC continue to pay Jenkins' contract to Geelong, in perpetuity.

From memory the only team that I can ever remember trading Pick 1 was Freo.

It ended in disaster as they essentially ended up trading Luke Hodge and Sam Mitchell for Trent Croad and Luke McPharlin

You have to feel for Freo as they pretty much wrote the book on bad trades back in the 90s-early 2000s.

To be honest, pick 1 for Taranto and Hately whilst getting pick 2 for Brouch on FA compo wouldn't be the worst outcome, put them both on 5 year contacts...and FFS, back end them, not front end them. Then go into the draft with pick 2 (Which obviously we could downgrade for a couple of smokey third tall defensive options), GWS first pick and some early second rounders.

This isn't the year where a couple of great mates are pick 1 and 2 so if we get it, lets trade pick 1, all it means is we get Thilthorpe or the gun mid with pick 2 and then our academy /father son picks with hopefully a smokey in there.

Seriously, how hard would Reidys job be? I could be drunk and do it...plus I would absolutely bitchsmack the first coach that tried to over rule my decision because he "wanted speed"

To be honest, pick 1 for Taranto and Hately whilst getting pick 2 for Brouch on FA compo wouldn't be the worst outcome, put them both on 5 year contacts...and FFS, back end them, not front end them. Then go into the draft with pick 2 (Which obviously we could downgrade for a couple of smokey third tall defensive options), GWS first pick and some early second rounders.

This isn't the year where a couple of great mates are pick 1 and 2 so if we get it, lets trade pick 1, all it means is we get Thilthorpe or the gun mid with pick 2 and then our academy /father son picks with hopefully a smokey in there.

Seriously, how hard would Reidys job be? I could be drunk and do it...plus I would absolutely bitchsmack the first coach that tried to over rule my decision because he "wanted speed"

tarranto is worth pick 1

You’d trade pick 1 for a high level 22-23 year old every day of the week wouldn’t you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reid will trade it for some magic beans and the AFL will sign off on it.
That could be good might end up getting a ******* huge 40 foot tall giant that just squashes the opposition and marks everything that is higher than the goal posts. Kick and hope might actually work then.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back