Who Will Win The 2021 Premiership

Who will win the Premiership

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hahahaha. We are playing some of the worst football we have played since Hardwick’s first season and we still might scrape into the eight. This is the weakest year I can remember. Every contender is seriously flawed. This premiership will be like when Lleyton Hewitt won a GS.

How embarrassing that you just got completely wooshed.

Hahahaha. We are playing some of the worst football we have played since Hardwick’s first season and we still might scrape into the eight. This is the weakest year I can remember. Every contender is seriously flawed. This premiership will be like when Lleyton Hewitt won a GS.
I’ve been saying for a few years it’s been a weak era of football. Last year Collingwood scraped into the 8 and they were s***.

I’ve been saying for a few years it’s been a weak era of football. Last year Collingwood scraped into the 8 and they were s***.
Very hard to judge one era to another.

With 18 teams we have probably made careers for less talented players, but the increased professionalism with full time players as probably counteracted that.

What we have is coaching more focussed on defending which makes it harder for players to really shine.

Very hard to judge one era to another.

With 18 teams we have probably made careers for less talented players, but the increased professionalism with full time players as probably counteracted that.

What we have is coaching more focussed on defending which makes it harder for players to really shine.
Weak era is probably the wrong wording, a premiership is a premiership, best team of that year. But I just feel there haven’t been many strong contenders the past 4 years compared to previously.

So on that basis 2016 was the strongest with 7 genuine contenders. Cool :cool:
Haha don’t know about that, was a competitive year.

2008-12ish IMO was very strong era, Geelong, Collingwood, St Kilda, the Bulldogs and a young Hawthorn were all genuinely strong contenders over a number of years.

I remember last year a Richmond injury depleted side lost a fairly close encounter to Port, who played what many of their supporters claimed was their best game in 3 years, I had a sh*t eating grin on the train all the way home, despite being given plenty of sh*t at the time. It was after that game that I realised that the premiership was Richmond's for the taking.
I have a similar feeling now.

still feel that way now?:thumbsu:

Like last year's covid year? Or does that not count because Richmond won?

That post does not even warrant a reply. The value of this years premiership like Lleyton Hewitt winning a Grand Slam ? If Lleyton Hewitt winning a Grand Slam was not deserved and acknowledged as a worthy win I will stand ******. Last years premiership probably has the greatest anomaly about it in history.

That post does not even warrant a reply. The value of this years premiership like Lleyton Hewitt winning a Grand Slam ? If Lleyton Hewitt winning a Grand Slam was not deserved and acknowledged as a worthy win I will stand ******. Last years premiership probably has the greatest anomaly about it in history.
I think you’ve replied to the wrong comment.

Geelong fell over the line against the dogs at a ground they never lose at and won't play finals at

They had a full team and we were missing Treloar, Dunkley, lost Naughton early on as well

They're good but they are beatable

We are definitely beatable. We did play that game without a ruckman, no Henderson and no Miers to be fair but we weren’t missing any superstars

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hewitt’s Wimbledon included 5 wins against players who had or would be ranked 11th or higher in the world.
In his US open he defeated Roddick, Kafelnikov and Sampras in the last three rounds - all world number 1s, Tommy haas (world number 2) in the fourth round, Magnus Gustfasson (top 10), James Blake (#4).

the only player he beat who wasn’t a top 10 player at some point was Albert Portas - who was once #18 in the world and seeded at that tournament.
Engage your brain when you type

Hewitt’s Wimbledon included 5 wins against players who had or would be ranked 11th or higher in the world.
In his US open he defeated Roddick, Kafelnikov and Sampras in the last three rounds - all world number 1s, Tommy haas (world number 2) in the fourth round, Magnus Gustfasson (top 10), James Blake (#4).

the only player he beat who wasn’t a top 10 player at some point was Albert Portas - who was once #18 in the world and seeded at that tournament.
Engage your brain when you type
What the f*** are you on about? I was referring to the timing of Hewitt’s GS win being lucky in that he did not have strong competition. All the guns were either on the way out or coming through - none at the peak of their powers. Did that really need an explanation? Obviously you’re going to beat highly ranked opponents on the way to a GS.

What the f*** are you on about? I was referring to the timing of Hewitt’s GS win being lucky in that he did not have strong competition. All the guns were either on the way out or coming through - none at the peak of their powers. Did that really need an explanation? Obviously you’re going to beat highly ranked opponents on the way to a GS.

Yeah because Sampras was hopeless.
You had no idea his opponents had such pedigree.

You’re looking back with rose tinted glasses. Richmond had periods in 2017 and 2019 where they lost a lot of games in a row and looked shaky in a couple of their wins.

You’re looking back with rose tinted glasses. Richmond had periods in 2017 and 2019 where they lost a lot of games in a row and looked shaky in a couple of their wins.
Don’t think Richmond could’ve done much more to prove that they were a great side.

Is it coincidental that the five teams you named all happen to be Victorian? Something something VFL something something.
Just before that era we had West Coast and Sydney for 2 years and previous to that Port and Brisbane. 2012-16 Hawthorn and Sydney. Got nothing to do with your Victorian hatred.

wtf does a weak era mean? How do you judge that?
By how strong the contenders are. Weak era is probably the wrong term, but I don’t think Richmond has had a strong rival opponent during their era.

So if Richmond were worse and their opponents were closer to them, then the era would be stronger in your eyes?
No it’ll just be an era of no dominate powerhouse side.

Back