Who will win the wooden spoon in 2018?

Which team will win the wooden spoon in 2018?

• Adelaide

• Brisbane

• Carlton

• Collingwood

• Essendon

• Fremantle

• Geelong

• Gold Coast Suns

• GWS Giants

• Hawthorn

• Melbourne

• North Melbourne

• Port Adelaide

• Richmond

• St.Kilda

• Sydney Swans

• West Coast Eagles

• Western Bulldogs

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

How the hell does Geelong and Essendon get so many votes???

Geelong actually haven't received the spoon in 60 years. Basically all other clubs have received at least one since the 80's. So the odds of escaping one next season are stacked incredibly against us. That said we are a great side, and great sides usually find a way to defy the impossible.

Yeah? Nah.

We are not Melbourne, or Brisbane or GC (thank God). We stopped getting the Wooden Spoon decades ago.
Yet you have the second most out of all clubs. North for the 2018 spoon, nothing is more certain!

Last edited:

Geelong actually haven't received the spoon in 60 years. Basically all other clubs have received at least one since the 80's. So the odds of escaping one next season are stacked incredibly against us. That said we are a great side, and great sides usually find a way to defy the impossible.

Except during the finals.

North has the worst list, so is my tip for the spoon. Last season was the only club without any Rising Star nominations or All Australians and also finished bottom in the Brownlow votes. North was unable and sign any A graders or anyone for that matter despite their Aggressive Reset policy.

DII7hkWUQAAU9n0.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can see GC copping numerous 100+ losses in 2018. There will be talk of the AFL bringing in a 'mercy rule'. Don't bookmark that.

I reckon they'll be a bit like Brisbane this year.
Show some signs in matches, but generally lose quite comfortably.

When they do win, the opposition CEO/Coach/President/Captain will feel compelled to apologise to their fans.

Wouldn’t be a bad year to win the spoon.

If Collingwood don’t put it together early, I think they might completely implode, as the vultures will take no time to circle Buckley and the questions will be coming think and fast.

From there pressure will build, players will have seen it all before, will become defeated mentally and the side will nosedive.

My prediction should they get off to a poor start is the Pies, otherwise its out of North and the Suns.

Yep current discussion on pies board now in relation to our draw and specifically the first 8 round block.

AFL has us again having to play 5 out of the top 8, 4 of which were top 4 all in the first 8 rounds. This is the make or break period for pies and Buckley. Repeat last years results of 2-6 and the wheels will fall off.

However should we manage 4-4 I think it will have the opposite effect and set us up as the rest of our draw is much easier and our confidence will not have suffered a blow like last year.

Yep current discussion on pies board now in relation to our draw and specifically the first 8 round block.

AFL has us again having to play 5 out of the top 8, 4 of which were top 4 all in the first 8 rounds. This is the make or break period for pies and Buckley. Repeat last years results of 2-6 and the wheels will fall off.

However should we manage 4-4 I think it will have the opposite effect and set us up as the rest of our draw is much easier and our confidence will not have suffered a blow like last year.
My prediction was based on the media being at the ready to jump on Bucks(as they do).

Now, after seeing that first 6 games, I am pre-empting Robinson, Landsberger and Caro all sharpening their knives, ready for action.

Essendon have again shown they have no respect for their playing group.

They have exposed their younger players to a seriously negative influence, when no other club showed any serious interest in a bloke walking barefoot around the Droop St TAB.

I have grave concerns for that windy hill mob.
Bookmark this. Essendon will finish higher than Richmond in 2018

North Melbourne. Their list just looks real ordinary and they didn't do anything to improve in the trade period. Yes they'll draft some kids but that won't be enough to stop them from losing a ton of games.

Carlton is a slight chance, but I feel like that will only happen if we implode without Gibbs being there and the likes of Cripps and Murphy have a horror run with injury. Finishing last would be a disaster for the club so I can't see it happening personally.

Back