Who will win the World Cup?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd say either New Zealand, England or Australia.

The Ja Ja's appear to be going round in circles and, outside of Skinstad I don't think they have the pack.

France have the talent but still blow hot and cold and are liable to lose to a no hope team like they nearly lost to Wales in the 6 Nations.

There's no one else with a chance

It's gotta be out of the big 4 of Australia, NZ,England & France.I don't think the South African's have a prayer.

Home advantage should be a big thing to Australia, perhaps less so against NZ who play there regularly enough for it not to be such a big thing.
England have a terrible record down there, we've never beaten Australia in Australia which is shocking & we've only beaten NZ twice in NZ.The French on the other hand have gone down to NZ & played well on a few occasions (not sure about in Australia).

All 4 of these sides have got a bit to do as they're all struggling in certain areas but you wouldn't want to have peaked now anyway.The French do worry me as they're playing with a discipline they've never had before, they're got a good crop of young players coming through & they love the big one off games against the big sides.It's true they struggled to beat Wales but they even struggled to beat Italy at home but that's their way they do the bare minimum to beat these sides whilst England/Australia/NZ run up cricket scores against them & then when they play us they turn up the intensity to the maximum.

The way things are now I would edge towards a NZ v France final but a lot will change before the tournament-I've just gotta find a a way to get a few quid together to come out for it.

Anway it's the women's WC final this weekend England v NZ so we may get our hands on a rugby wc for the first time.I'm sure if we win it the press here will suddenly decide that women's rugby is far bigger & more relevant than the men's game & they'll all become national celebrities invited to appear on daytime television to show us all their fitness regimes, their favourite recipes & sexual preferences.

I believe that the All Black's are overrated and will need to lift their game if they are too get past the Quarter Finals. (Especially considering their relatively tough draw.)

Australia definatly need lift also as their European tour displayed.

England will challenge.

Originally posted by DIPPER
Anway it's the women's WC final this weekend England v NZ so we may get our hands on a rugby wc for the first time.I'm sure if we win it the press here will suddenly decide that women's rugby is far bigger & more relevant than the men's game & they'll all become national celebrities invited to appear on daytime television to show us all their fitness regimes, their favourite recipes & sexual preferences.

True story.

The last women's RWC final was shown live on NZ TV, and won its 2 am time slot, outrating the FA Cup final which was shown live on another channel at the same time. :eek:

Oh and GOOOO the Black Ferns.

I hope the Wallabies can do it. Just hope they don't suffer stage fright or something.

I think the big surprise of the tournament will come from South Africa. Everybody will be writing them off, but come the WC they will be in the semis-final or maybe the finals. Also I wouldn't dismiss the Argentines. They could be the biggest surprise of them all.

Originally posted by Iverson
I hope the Wallabies can do it. Just hope they don't suffer stage fright or something.

I think the big surprise of the tournament will come from South Africa. Everybody will be writing them off, but come the WC they will be in the semis-final or maybe the finals. Also I wouldn't dismiss the Argentines. They could be the biggest surprise of them all.

Argentina? massive call!

Sorry for the confusion :)

I didn't mean Argentina to win the RWC, but I think they could surprise many people and make the 1/4 or even the semis with a huge amount of luck.

As for the soccer, Argentina to win :cool:

The Argies beat France by 1 point (28-27) in Buenos Aires.

I think we got another world force emerging here :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Iverson
The Argies beat France by 1 point (28-27) in Buenos Aires.

I think we got another world force emerging here :D

Pumas always play well at home.......they don't travel though. Not expecting much beyond beating Scots or Welsh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back