Who wins our 2020 F&B?

Remove this Banner Ad

Very interested to hear Simpson's speech tonight.

There aren't a huge number of positives to focus on from the year we've just had. A lot to be said in terms of lighting a fire under the boys.
I agree wholeheartedly with Simpson that we had a lot of development in a very short time frame and essentially established a new brand of footy in the 2nd half of the season.

But yeah, obviously wasn't enough to make it this year.

Simmo been reading BigFooty this arvo? Dropped the “gotta be ruthless next year” finale to his speech.

Weren’t one of you campaigners on here going on this afternoon about being ruthless rather than resilient next year?

Was he yelling and screaming when he said it? Because that’s the most important thing ya know 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also, struggling to get a gauge on the votes for Gaff.
In Round 2 he has twenty nine disposals and gets a total of 6 votes from the coaching staff.
In Round 5 he has eighteen disposals and gets a total of 11 votes from the coaching staff.
In Round 6 he has only twelve disposals (with no goals) and gets a total of 11 votes from the coaching staff (in what appears to be ranked as third best on ground). I fail to see how his 12 disposals would rate better than McGovern's 12 marks, or Yeos 21 disposals and 8 i50s, or Sheed's 24 disposals, 5 clearances and 6 i50s, or Sheppard's 19 disposals and 9 marks.
I mean seriously compare Gaff's round 6 to Sheed's round 3 when they both had 12 disposals, yet Sheed got 3 votes and Gaff gets 11 votes.
Something is definitely amiss. It's like they're awarding him votes on participation.

Last edited:
Trying to wrap my head around that. Perhaps they gave all players a score for each game to a maximum of 15 aggregate?

Maybe each player is given a rating of 0-5 by the three coaching staff for each game.
I can see Gaff clinching this based on the voting system which would be an absolute travesty and diminish the award greatly.

Also, struggling to get a gauge on the votes for Gaff.
In Round 2 he has twenty nine disposals and gets a total of 6 votes from the coaching staff.
In Round 5 he has eighteen disposals and gets a total of 11 votes from the coaching staff.
In Round 6 he has only twelve disposals (with no goals) and gets a total of 11 votes from the coaching staff (in what appears to be ranked as third best on ground). I fail to see how his 12 disposals would rate better than McGovern's 12 marks, or Yeos 21 disposals and 8 i50s, or Sheed's 24 disposals, 5 clearances and 6 i50s, or Sheppard's 19 disposals and 9 marks.
I mean seriously compare Gaff's round 6 to Sheed's round 3 when they both had 12 disposals, yet Sheed got 3 votes and Gaff gets 11 votes.
Something is definitely amiss. It's like they're awarding him votes on participation.
I know in one of Gaff's low possession games he was outstanding with his off ball work, blocking etc while being tagged. Can't remember which game but it was definitely noticeable even on TV.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back