Who wins our 2020 F&B?

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 4, 2003
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Willing to listen to anybody who can convince me Gaff was our 2nd best player this year.

Consistency is king....he barely plays a bad game.

Can’t believe the hate he cops - stayed at our club when he could have bolted for more money, when we all thought he was gone, and now he cops hate?

He’d have had an even better season if any of his midfield mates were anywhere near as consistent as Gaff - particularly Shuey, Yeo and now Kelly.

nameless

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 17, 2006
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Well done Nic, so glad we got to see the best of him once again, the game is better for it.

Very telling that the top 3 all missed the premiership, perhaps a sign the mental application is not the same from the rest, although they are all stellar players in their own right, so perhaps just coincidence.

Can’t believe the hate he cops - stayed at our club when he could have bolted for more money, when we all thought he was gone, and now he cops hate?

He’d have had an even better season if any of his midfield mates were anywhere near as consistent as Gaff - particularly Shuey, Yeo and now Kelly.
I'm not throwing hate his way.

By his high standards I thought his 2020 was okay at best. He didn't play many bad games but he wasn't particularly damaging.

nameless

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 17, 2006
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Can’t believe the hate he cops

Don't come on this board too much anymore, but yeah must have missed when he became whipping boy?
No Masto, Nelson finding some form and Hutch not playing means it must fall to another player who puts in 100% every single week but doesn't have the flashy skills to become a favourite player.

Ishmael_

Premiership Player
Apr 30, 2013
Six Thousand
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
South Fremantle
Don't come on this board too much anymore, but yeah must have missed when he became whipping boy?
No Masto, Nelson finding some form and Hutch not playing means it must fall to another player who puts in 100% every single week but doesn't have the flashy skills to become a favourite player.

After we stopped using him as a relief kick around the corner off the back of stoppages, he's had a great year. It's not his fault he was being used poorly.

I actually thought his mix of inside and outside this year has been his best yet.

Jiggyman

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast

I had my doubts through 2019 and early on this year, but he improved as the season wore on and just about got back to those 2018 levels.
Will look a million bucks if our mids get their s**t together next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Duggo81

Debutant
Sep 6, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Great to see Nic win - no idea how Ryan came 6th though
Because he was terrible for the first half of the year. He was our best player the 2nd half of the year. That's why he came 6th his difference between his best games and worst games were large. At the end of the season he had no poor games he was elite in every game.

If you are talking impact on the team he should have finished 2nd behind Nic.
But that's not how B and Fs are voted on.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jiggyman

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
From the WCE official site:

"Naitanui pipped star wingman Andrew Gaff with a best-on-ground performance in the heart-breaking elimination final loss to Collingwood.

Going into that game the All Australian ruckman was sitting three votes adrift of the ultra-consistent Gaff, but polled a maximum 15 votes while his midfield cohort was awarded 10 – resulting in a two-vote triumph in the Club Champion Award for the popular big man – 194 votes to 192."

Duggo81

Debutant
Sep 6, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Well done Nic - a fantastic season.

Great to see the MC voting on total job and not the stats. It proves the F&B is not just a midfielder award.

That said, it does feel rather concerning that 3 of the top 5 are defenders. We really missed the impact of Yeo and Shuey.
Just shows you how important Yeo is we were premiership favs before he got injured not that I believe we should have been. But we just don't have another mid like him unfortunately. Hopefully he can fully recover and be back to his best next year.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back