NFL Who Wins Super Bowl LI? - The Back-To-Back Lounge

Remove this Banner Ad

Chiefs are 2-4 this season (apparently) when they don't have a defensive or special teams score.

That tells you all you need to know as to why they will be unsuccessful in January

As much as I agree wholeheartedly… these minor details don't really shape a result. IMHO, the Chiefs Offense is their own worse enemy. They can't afford to splutter… they spluttered on the weekend BIG TIME!!

Led 17-7, 3Q… Mariota picked off… Smith takes them to the brink of the end zone only to be picked off.. Titans forced to punt on next drive.. How does KC lose from here?? They are forced to PUNT on their NEXT THREE possessions including the one after the cheeky Titans get consecutive scores on their fourth Q drives to try for a two point play to take the lead, DENIED by #95 DT Chris Jones… with a tick over three minutes remaining.. all they needed was a couple first downs to clinch victory.. they couldn't even get TEN yards before the two minute warning meaning it was 3rd & 2… Titans stopped them… That's their problem. They spluttered!! Punted for a third consecutive drive. You're not going far leading by TEN and unable to close out LAST Q's. :thumbsdown:

If you're a neutral.. you Get on the TITANS.

They're too talented to not make it. But they've capitulated two weeks in a row. That could be a sudden meltdown occurring we can look back on and laugh at.
Are they tho? Outside of T/O differential what is their strength?

Their highest ranked unit is their 19th ranked pass defense. 19th! They are s**t outside of their ability to return touchdowns

They will obviously make it but to say they are 'too talented' is a bit odd

Are they tho? Outside of T/O differential what is their strength?

Their highest ranked unit is their 19th ranked pass defense. 19th! They are s**t outside of their ability to return touchdowns

They will obviously make it but to say they are 'too talented' is a bit odd

You're looking at stats/rankings. I'm looking at actual talent.
Their front seven is fantastic, their starting corners and a safety are fantastic. Their TE is elite. Their RBs are still good despite the loss of Charles. Then you have Tyreek Hill doing crazy stuff as both returner and receiver. Smith has lost the plot since that game the other week when he got destroyed physically by some hard hits. But otherwise is very capable.

That's a pretty strong roster. Better than the Broncos roster. Around the 5th best roster in the AFC.

You're looking at stats/rankings. I'm looking at actual talent.
Their front seven is fantastic, their starting corners and a safety are fantastic. Their TE is elite. Their RBs are still good despite the loss of Charles. Then you have Tyreek Hill doing crazy stuff as both returner and receiver. Smith has lost the plot since that game the other week when he got destroyed physically by some hard hits. But otherwise is very capable.

That's a pretty strong roster. Better than the Broncos roster. Around the 5th best roster in the AFC.
I'm not sure they have a more talented roster than Denver. I'd say not if I had to choose.

Regardless, you say the stats don't matter, but they clearly do. KC doesn't win unless they get a return TD (ST or D).

Put them face to face with NE, Pittsburgh, Tennessee, etc. Teams who don't make costly errors. It's game over.

I reckon the first week of play offs will look like this

Dallas (1) / Atlanta (2) - Bye
Seahawks (3) vs. Skins (6)
Packers (4) vs. Giants (5)

Patriots (1) / Chiefs (2) - bye
Steelers (3) vs. Dolphins (6)
Houston (4) vs. Raiders (5)

I think the Lions will lose the division title to GB and lose a chance at a WC due to Washington having the tie to get them over the line. I think the Raiders will drop next week's game against the Broncos and the Chiefs will win tomorrow and against the chargers next week to see them wrap up the division, however the Raiders will still make the wild card and likely still make the divisionals with a match-up against Houston.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can atlanta make it to the superbowl?

Offense is as good as any...defense isnt revered but seems reliable enough...

Anyone think the falcons...particularly if they get the bye to get julio 100% healthy, could win the nfc?

Im riding with the Falcons. As i mentioned in the weekly thread, so long as Freeman and Coleman can stay fit they are the team to beat in the NFC IMO. You need to be able to run the ball to win in the playoffs, that right there is the best one two tandem in the league.

Da Boyzzzz the obvious danger for similar reasons: beast line/can run the ball (cant see the NFC championship game being between anyone else)....but Falcons have Ryan and Julio who i favour over Dak and Dez in a shootout.

I also give an edge to the Falcons D. Their secondary lead by a rookie in Neal is highly underrated, if they can get, IMO, the best corner in the NFL, Trufant, back and fit for the playoffs they will be set, legion of boom eat your heart out . They have come on in leaps and bounds in terms of pass rush this year also. LB's lead by Jones are also much better than what they have had in the past.

Falcons to rep the NFC very well in the sbowl IMO, they have enough weapons to push the Pats and perhaps even win it all.

Sorry - checked your profile - Raiders. Today was a really horrible day. Not sure it's any solace but you had a great year. It was good to watch a battler rise.
Speak for yourself

The only fairytale team still left is the Lions. Maybe the Dolphins.

But more like the Lions that match Sharks, Bulldogs, Cubs, etc.

Not always, but usually against a top team.

Steelers/Patriots vs Lions Super Bowl

Super Bowl LIons

Im all for the Lions going deep just as you are, G.

But Staff is going to have to play to Bradyesc levels for them to even get past the first week, they have absolutely no run game whatsoever. Best chance of them making some noise is probably a match up at home vs Giants who have similar struggles.

Im all for the Lions going deep just as you are, G.

But Staff is going to have to play to Bradyesc levels for them to even get past the first week, they have absolutely no run game whatsoever. Best chance of them making some noise is probably a match up at home vs Giants who have similar struggles.

They wrote off the Footscray Bulldogs too

Remove this Banner Ad

Back