NFL Who Wins Super Bowl LI? - The Back-To-Back Lounge

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont trust any of the teams in the NFC.

Dallas always choke in the playoffs.
Matty Ice addict also has choked in both playoff games he played in.

Seattle, Green Bay and New York have all been inconsistent but the teams i have most faith in.

Pats, KC or Pitt i think can all make it.
It looks like its the AFC's to lose. but there is always a team who gets hot late and makes a big run in Jan, could be GB or Giants both have done it in recent years.

Surely that's ancient history. Only made it once in last 7-8 years and they were unlucky not to beat your guys. Best O they've had a in a while as well.
It's so even, any team can go on a run.

Surely that's ancient history. Only made it once in last 7-8 years and they were unlucky not to beat your guys. Best O they've had a in a while as well.
It's so even, any team can go on a run.

There had been other years where week 17 they were playing for a WC spot and choked.

I just dont trust them. Dez has been limited in his productivity and dont trust the D. On O its a rookie backfield in a playoff game where everyone will expect them to win or the season will be for nothing.

a team that has a history of choking needs to prove they can win. get that monkey off their back before it becomes the 500lbs gorilla

Usually pretty reasonable in your posts but to say Dallas 'has a history of choking' in playoffs is a bit silly. This isn't the same team. Dallas also have a history of winning 5 Super Bowls. The reason why I think they cannot make it (and as articulated by you) will be largely due to the defence. In saying so, it's a pretty open year.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Usually pretty reasonable in your posts but to say Dallas 'has a history of choking' in playoffs is a bit silly. This isn't the same team. Dallas also have a history of winning 5 Super Bowls. The reason why I think they cannot make it (and as articulated by you) will be largely due to the defence. In saying so, it's a pretty open year.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Teams/francises that have a long history of coming up short need to prove they are past it. The longer its been since a playoff win the more pressure is on to break the streak. the outside pressure from fans and media gets louder every year. If they can prove different they they wont be labeled as chokers. Cincy has been the same, Cubs were the same in MLB, Tigers are the same in the AFL.

If it comes down to a 2-min drill to win the game the pressure will be huge.

Yeah I think that unfortunate moment is a bit overrated with the romo extra point Dallas were very very close vs GB until that horrible call happened :) no catch my ass..

If it wasnt for a missed PI call the Cowboys would of lost to the Lions in the WC round.

The same Lions who were the first victim of the non catch rule.

Stop Zeke....Stop Cowboys.

Mind you, the Cowboys have two key ingredients for being a super bowl winner --- Zeke, and Rod Marinelli.

All about the D and run game. There's the two most key elements that the Cowboys possess.

Stop Brady...
Stop Rodgers....
Stop Ben and/or Bell....
Stop Ryan....
Stop .....etc etc

Mind you, the Cowboys have two key ingredients for being a super bowl winner --- Zeke, and Rod Marinelli.

All about the D and run game. There's the two most key elements that the Cowboys possess.
Yeah, nah, I'm pretty confident that Dak, Dez, Witten and Beasley give us plenty of options in the passing game. Take all your DBs off the field at your own risk.

There had been other years where week 17 they were playing for a WC spot and choked.

I just dont trust them. Dez has been limited in his productivity and dont trust the D. On O its a rookie backfield in a playoff game where everyone will expect them to win or the season will be for nothing.

a team that has a history of choking needs to prove they can win. get that monkey off their back before it becomes the 500lbs gorilla
I tend to agree with the last line but personnel have changed. I really do think Dak and Zeke are that good. That Dez is struggling is a positive in my eyes. He cant get any worse and they are still winning? That's a bonus if he comes good.

But I do agree lets wait and see. For my money Dallas are at least into the Championship game. And that's a great effort

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Part of me likes the anyone can win it rotating cast of teams we get each season, but part of me misses the epic battles a few teams would have year after year after year.
The repeat playoff matches like Indy-New England, 49ers-Cowboys/Giants seemed to always have a lot more to them than random team A vs random team B.

Da Boyzzzz will be fine. In past situations they relied on Romo too much to keep them in games and move the ball to manage clock in late game situations.. They now have a QB who knows his limitations and is very careful with the football and a stud rb and oline who can clock manage better than any team in the NFL. (expect against the Giants)

Im aboard Atlanta but Dallas will be very hard to beat.

Can't spot any flaws in that logic, following on from that you can almost identify the Raiders opponents.

Faced opponent during the season | Bills (Wk 15) | Could only be Atlanta (Wk 2)\
Lost to that opponent | Bills d Giants 17-13 | Falcons d Raiders 35-28 \
Face league MVP candidate | Bruce Smith/Jim Kelly | Matt Ryan \
Face leagues highest scoring offense | Bills | Currently Atlanta\
Face a kicker who has missed 2 or more FGs from 50+ | Scott Norwood 2 from 4 | Matty Bryant 6 from 8
:p

Dallas' D is rubbish. Contain Zeke, you score on Dallas and blow them out.

Can't spot any flaws in that logic, following on from that you can almost identify the Raiders opponents.

Faced opponent during the season | Bills (Wk 15) | Could only be Atlanta (Wk 2)\
Lost to that opponent | Bills d Giants 17-13 | Falcons d Raiders 35-28 \
Face league MVP candidate | Bruce Smith/Jim Kelly | Matt Ryan \
Face leagues highest scoring offense | Bills | Currently Atlanta\
Face a kicker who has missed 2 or more FGs from 50+ | Scott Norwood 2 from 4 | Matty Bryant 6 from 8
:p
So there you have it. $20 sportsbet on Raiders-Falcons SB.

Cheers ;) i'll send some money your way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back