NFL Who Wins Super Bowl LI? - The Back-To-Back Lounge

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn't aware of that :thumbsu:

Look forward to the game later in the season. broncos v pats are always a highlight game of the season.

Quite a good rivalry the last 5-10 years (going back to champs 100 yard int in the playoffs) they always seem to be massive games.
Agreed. They're the class of the AFC and as mentioned, if both are in the AFC Championship Game, there will be a worthy representative in the Super Bowl. That's what makes rivalries so great; beating a worthy adversary.

Why not the Vikings?

While i do like the Vikes (remembering i said they could still make the playoffs with Shaun Hill because of their D) they have their concerns IMO:

-O-Line is banged the fk up.
-Weapons? They need Treadwell to appear as a star at some stage this year.
-Bradford? Yea im not ready to rate him better than Teddy or a SB QB. He was terrible all but for one drive on the weekend.
-Run game? Looked good against us on the weekend but who's hasnt this year? AP had some of the worst stats of his career before the injury. If AP could come back and look like the old AP the Vikes are a chance of doing some sort of damage in the playoffs though.

The D:
Very good line, excellent at getting to the QB on 2nd and 3rd and long. Lets not confuse the weekend's shutdown of Carolina with championship football though, we played extremely dumb football. We were able to run the football on them quite well but for whatever reason decided to pass our way out of trouble, smh. Cam trying to go deep when there were plenty of players underneath for dink and dunk yards. We targeted Benjamin ONCE for the entire game, yes you heard me, once. I still think their secondary can be had providing you are balanced enough in what you are doing offensively. A QB who was wised up enough would have plenty of yards for the taking.
They dont bring the manic pressure of a Broncos in 15/16 that forces you to commit turnovers or have no time to throw, Cam had plenty of time to throw, against the Broncos you dont get the time he had against the Vikings. Still a very good D but not the type that can carry you to a championship IMO.

I honestly hope they prove me wrong but im not a believer yet.

Last edited:

While i do like the Vikes (remembering i said they could still make the playoffs with Shaun Hill because of their D) they have their concerns IMO:

-Bradford? Yea im not ready to rate him better than Teddy or a SB QB. He was terrible all but for one drive on the weekend.
-Run game? Looked good against us on the weekend but who's hasnt this year? AP had some of the worst stats of his career before the injury. If AP could come back and look like the old AP the Vikes are a chance of doing some sort of damage in the playoffs though.

The D:
Very good line, excellent at getting to the QB on 2nd and 3rd and long. Lets not confuse the weekend's shutdown of Carolina with championship football though, we played extremely dumb football. We were able to run the football on them quite well but for whatever reason decided to pass our way out of trouble, smh. Cam trying to go deep when there were plenty of players underneath for dink and dunk yards. We targeted Benjamin ONCE for the entire game, yes you heard me, once. I still think their secondary can be had providing you are balanced enough in what you are doing offensively. A QB who was wised up enough would have plenty of yards for the taking.
They dont bring the manic pressure of a Broncos in 15/16 that forces you to commit turnovers or have no time to throw, Cam had plenty of time to throw, against the Broncos you dont get the time he had against the Vikings. Still a very good D but not the type that can carry you to a championship IMO.

You forgot the biggest concern about the Vikings : Blair Walsh.

You forgot the biggest concern about the Vikings : Blair Walsh.

Youre quite right but I assume a change will be made rather soon. That's an easy fix problem.

Patriots look unstoppable. I think it is between them and Denver.
The Pats were 10-0 before the injury bug hit last season. The team went 2-4 in the last 6 games. It seems almost pointless projecting success on the first quarter of the season.

The Pats were 10-0 before the injury bug hit last season. The team went 2-4 in the last 6 games. It seems almost pointless projecting success on the first quarter of the season.

Absolutely. ANything could happen in the future. As of right now I think they are going to take some stopping.

Absolutely. ANything could happen in the future. As of right now I think they are going to take some stopping.
In all honesty, this year's edition is the most complete roster I've seen Belichick build since he took over the Patriots. There are few, if any roster holes. As a Patsfan, it's exciting but there's always a degree of skepticism one must carry into and throughout the season. I'm cautiously optimistic, especially when Rowe, Ninkovich and Hightower are thrown into that developing defense and well, Brady coming back with a hopefully healthy Gronkowski and Lewis bodes well for the team's chances.

The D:

Are you a believer yet?

I am, and I'm a Seahawks fan.

I think Vikings may do a Panthers, but go all the way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFC:
Pittsburgh Steelers 14-2
New England Patriots 13-3
Denver Broncos 11-5
Houston Texans 8-8
Oakland Raiders 10-6
Kansas City Chiefs 9-7
-------------------------------------
7. New York Jets 9-7
Cincinnati Bengals 8-8

NFC:
1. Minnesota Vikings 13-3
Seattle Seahawks 13-3
Atlanta Falcons 13-3
Dallas Cowboys 10-6
Green Bay Packers 12-4
Philadelphia Eagles 10-6
-------------------------------------
7. Carolina Panthers 8-8
Arizona Cardinals 8-8

Wild Card Round:
Chiefs @ Broncos 23-17
Raiders
@ Texans 27-15
Eagles @ Falcons 27-13
Packers
@ Cowboys 31-23

Divisional Round:
Raiders @ Steelers 35-24
Broncos @ Patriots 27-20
Packers @ Vikings 23-13
Falcons @ Seahawks 21-20

Conference Championships:
Patriots @ Steelers 30-27
Seahawks @ Vikings 22-17

Super Bowl LI:
Patriots @ Vikings 26-20

Lol, love these threads. It will change and change but at the moment I'm thinking...

Pats v Green Bay or Vikings.

Pats to win.

Like always it will just come down to who has home ground advantage and healthy list come play offs.

But Pats, Denver or Steelers from AFC. NFC wide open.

The 5-0 Vikings have a nice run home (yes, 11 games to go)

@ Eagles. This should be a cracker of a game.
@ Bears. Should win
Lions. Should win, depending on which Detroit team shows up
@ Redskins. Should win, depending on which Washington team shows up
Arizona. Should win against a team that's lost its' mojo
@ Lions. See previous meeting
Dallas. All depends if Dallas are on their recent seasonal fade out
@ Jaguars. Should win
Indianapolis. Should win
@ Green Bay. Tough game
Chicago. Should win.

That should see them make the playoffs, most likely as the NFC North champ (#1 or #2 seed). The question is do they convert it in to a deep playoff run, or do they find the going hard when the games step up intensity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back