Seahawks
@ Eagles
Saints @ Vikings

Conference Championships:
Patriots @ Steelers
Seahawks @ Vikings

Super Bowl LII:
Vikings @ Steelers

In SB lore, often it's the team with the best QB who wins, or the team with the best Defense. Tho teams with the best D and a mediocre QB don't happen THAT often. Given those odds, the NFC is looking interesting.

Rams -- Goff (you could say a young Brady perhaps)
Eagles -- No Wentz :( so with Foles it'd be the "top D with a mediocre QB chance
Vikings -- Bradford aint elite, but he's a former #1 pick, so maybe he can be counted, otherwise it's the same -- "top D with mediocre QB chance" with Keenum
Saints -- The elite Brees, who has a real chance to get his 2nd SB title and certify his HOF career.
Panthers -- Cam Newton isn't elite nor mediocre, made a SB and lost a la McNabb type of career.
Falcons -- I guess Matt Ryan is the same as above a la McNabb type of career, not elite.

While in the AFC it's the same story...

Patriots -- Brady elite
Steelers -- Roethlisberger elite
Chiefs -- Smith would be in the Bradford category, former #1 who hasn't lived up to expectations but certainly playing really well and could jag a SB
Jaguars -- Bortles doesnt strike as elite, it'd be a case of "top D winning with mediocre QB" chance

They're all the realistic teams who have a shot this season.

Could be a Saints-Pats SB between the best two QBs.
Could be a Pats-Rams repeat with the Warner role as Brady and the Brady role as Goff, a new era
Could be a Vikings/Eagles versus Jaguars/Chiefs type "top D with average QB"
Or a mix of a top QB team vs a top D team -- like say Patriots-Vikings, or Steelers-Rams, etc.

Till its disproven ill back falcons to beat the patriots and get superbowl revenge.

If the falcons can get in they likely play the rams..tough match 1st up but if the falcons can get to the 2nd week and play philly, they would back themselves in to beat foles and make the nfccg.

Ill stick with my pre season pick till its disproven.

(But my realistic pick is steelers vs saints)

In SB lore, often it's the team with the best QB who wins, or the team with the best Defense. Tho teams with the best D and a mediocre QB don't happen THAT often. Given those odds, the NFC is looking interesting.

Eagles -- No Wentz :( so with Foles it'd be the "top D with a mediocre QB chance
Vikings -- Bradford aint elite, but he's a former #1 pick, so maybe he can be counted, otherwise it's the same -- "top D with mediocre QB chance" with Keenum
Saints -- The elite Brees, who has a real chance to get his 2nd SB title and certify his HOF career.
Panthers -- Cam Newton isn't elite nor mediocre, made a SB and lost a la McNabb type of career.
Falcons -- I guess Matt Ryan is the same as above a la McNabb type of career, not elite.

Patriots -- Brady elite
Chiefs -- Smith would be in the Bradford category, former #1 who hasn't lived up to expectations but certainly playing really well and could jag a SB
Jaguars -- Bortles doesnt strike as elite, it'd be a case of "top D winning with mediocre QB" chance

Could be a Pats-Rams repeat with the Warner role as Brady and the Brady role as Goff, a new era
Or a mix of a top QB team vs a top D team -- like say Patriots-Vikings, or Steelers-Rams, etc.

So... everyone bar the bottom seeds are a chance? Thanks for that insight, GG :D

Happy to stick fat and with the Pats in the AFC as i have all year long, see no reason to change.

Had it down to three in the NFC 6 weeks ago; Eagles Rams, Saints....now we are down to two.

Vikes will give the sbowl a hell of shake if they win through in the divisional round,i just trust the combo of Goff/Gurley Brees/Kamara, Ingram more than Keenum/Murray,McKinnon

I can't see us beating the Saints, it seems whenever we find a weapon that has speed (Samuel, Byrd) they get injured. Not to mention our rushing attack is non existent compared to previous years. For us to make any sort of noise Newton is going to have to play out of his skin every game, I'm talking 75 yards rushing 250 passing per game...

Pats vs Rams or Saints. With a slight lean to the Rams. That game in Seattle last week was domination and destruction like i have not seen from anyone this year. Their best is the best in the NFL.

Honestly if Wentz didn't go down I don't think any team could stop the Eagles from winning the NFC and probably not in the superbowl either

Maybe it's one of those situations where a guys legend grows during his absence... but I started to think that over the last couple of weeks as well. I think we had much fewer weaknesses than the other NFC teams.

Now? Despite being the number 1 seed, I genuinely think we're going to be the weakest of the NFC teams in the playoffs, sans maybe the Panthers, who I think have some really glaring weaknesses.

I think any of the Rams, Vikings, Saints, Falcons, or even the Seahawks if they sneak in could make the SB - but I agree with a couple of others that Saints are the danger team.

The AFC? I'd love to think that we might see a surprise, and a team like the Jags might make it... but I'd be kidding myself. The AFC is still a closed shop. The Pats are going to win that conference.

IMO we're looking at Pats vs either the Saints or the Vikings.

From a Vikings perspective - we completely dismantled the Rams just over a month ago. I'm more concerned about New Orleans.

Yea, young/team coach on the road vs a rock solid D, think they would have learnt some lessons out of that game, their D has come on big time since then also, really warming up the past few weeks. Im not saying you can't beat them, just expect a different Rams this time around if you face them again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seeing the Pats win a 6th, or the Steelers win a 7th?
Or
Seeing the Vikings or Jaguars win their 1st?
Or
Seeing the Rams or Chiefs win their 2nd?
Or
Seeing the Falcons or Panthers or Eagles lose their 3rd?

Choices, choices.

If we make it we will win it, Newton doesn't lose to Brady and BB. 100% career strike rate :fire:

G is pissing me off with his lack of respect for the Panthers. It's like he's Steve Salisbury's account.

If we had a our rushing output of two years ago id be a lot more confident, very hard to go deep in the playoffs without 100+ yards on the ground a game.

G is pissing me off with his lack of respect for the Panthers. It's like he's Steve Salisbury's account.

I want the Panthers and Falcons and Jaguars to win a super bowl, but after seeing the Vikings lose four of them to date, they're choice in my "soft spot" rank this playoffs ahead of the Rams and then ahead of you guys and the Jags. Mind you, the Falcons really pissed me off last year, blowing that 28-3 and potential shellacking of the Patriots :thumbsdown: I don't think I can forgive them for that.

If we had a our rushing output of two years ago id be a lot more confident, very hard to go deep in the playoffs without 100+ yards on the ground a game.
Don't be so humble. It makes me sick.
I want the Panthers and Falcons and Jaguars to win a super bowl, but after seeing the Vikings lose four of them to date, they're choice in my "soft spot" rank this playoffs ahead of the Rams and then ahead of you guys and the Jags. Mind you, the Falcons really pissed me off last year, blowing that 28-3 and potential shellacking of the Patriots :thumbsdown: I don't think I can forgive them for that.
I don't want to hear your excuses. Panthers all the way!

Patriots -- Brady elite

It's virtually always the team with the best defense

Panthers are no chance to win, I mean come on, Cam struggles to get the ball downfield.

Only Saints, Vikes and Rams can win from NFC. Cam will struggle against any of these three Ds.

Besides Foles issue, Eagles also have holes in defence, especially in secondary.

Think Saints v Rams ....just trust Keenum less than Goff in holding form in the playoffs.

I said it after 51

52 will be a rematch with Atlanta winning
Then 53 will be another rematch and the battle of the unbeaten with tom Brady retiring after going 19-0 forcing Atlanta to 18-1 in the first super bowl played in the stadium of one of the competitors.

AFC
1. Patriots
2. Steelers
3. Jaguars
4. Chiefs
5. Ravens
6. Titans

NFC
1. Eagles
2. Vikings
3. Saints
4. Rams
5. Panthers
6. Falcons

Wild card
Jaguars def Titans
Ravens def chiefs
Saints def Falcons
Rams def panthers

Divisional
Ravens def patriots
Steelers def jaguars
Rams def Eagles
Saints def Vikings

Conference
Ravens def Steelers
Rams def saints

Super bowl 52
Ravens def rams

I'm liking the Rams to make the SB - it looks like Falcons will be at Rams, Rams win that then probably go to the Vikings while it should be the Saints to go off & whip the Eagles. While Vikings did make easy work of the Rams earlier this season, Rams will be better for the experience & get to play in nice cosy indoors instead of freezing their balls off out on Lincoln Financial Field (assistance from the weather I think is the Eagles only hope of progressing, it's certainly not their offence anymore & imagine what Brees will do to that secondary).

Saw a crazy stat today.

Each of the last 4 superbowls has seen the two superbowl participants not have to play a road game in the playoffs. All playoff games of superbowl teams in the last 4 years has been at home.

The last superbowl teams to have to play a playoff game on the road was the san fransisco vs baltimore SB were both teams won games on the road to make it. Hasnt happened since.

I guess you could say home field has become super important...

This obviously means no team who has played on wildcard weekend has made the superbowl in 5 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Back