Who wins the Coleman Medal - Ben, Jack or Buddy?

The 2018 Coleman Medallist is...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

This

Looking at Buddy for example, his behind tally shows he has heaps more shots than his rivals. Now on one hand that indisputably proves that he can create opportunities like nobody else. No argument.
But it is also a symptom of the fact that he will have a ping at the sticks from just about anywhere and from time to time he does it at the cost of finding teammates in better position. Hawkins is one, and I know there are a lot of others, who's first instinct is often to try and find a teammate.

That's not a dig at Buddy by the way. Great players want to take the shot. But I think you'd find the others could significantly boost their behind tally as well if they backed themselves as often as Franklin does.

The three are pretty even in terms of giving the ball off for goals.....Hawkins 21 Goal Assists, Buddy 18 Goal Assists, Brown 15 Goal Assists...it would be interesting to see how many others they gave off were not converted, would probably reinforce that the big boys should just go for it themselves!! Also, you would need to consider OOF as well...which just makes it ridiculous. Did the Coleman ever go into the final series, or always been just H and A?

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_rankings?year=2018&rt=LT&st=GA

Got a feeling that Tom Hawkins will reach double figures against the Suns, after seeing what Jack did to them - that should be enough to get the chocolates.

You'd think a player who has kicked decent season hauls as regularly as he has (7 in a row of 47+ from memory) would have a higher personal best than his 7 for a match so he will never get a better chance to go large you'd think.

The three are pretty even in terms of giving the ball off for goals.....Hawkins 21 Goal Assists, Buddy 18 Goal Assists, Brown 15 Goal Assists...it would be interesting to see how many others they gave off were not converted, would probably reinforce that the big boys should just go for it themselves!! Also, you would need to consider OOF as well...which just makes it ridiculous. Did the Coleman ever go into the final series, or always been just H and A?

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_rankings?year=2018&rt=LT&st=GA
Jack on 18 as well. Very even year at the top statistically

Would be nice for Jack or Budd to win but expect they are both looking to Finals success. Expect Swans and Tiger fans feel the same.

A BB win would be good for the young fella and finally give North fans something of a win they can cheer about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon just 1 goal is enough for Jack to seal it.

Brown's way out of form and frustrated with the 2-3 defenders he draws, can't see him kicking 4 to pinch it.

Also I could be wrong but I think both Brown, like Franklin has missed a number of games this year while Riewoldt has played all of them.
Brown missed Round 13.

Riewoldt isn't losing it from here, they'll get him another goal to make sure of it in the last 1/4

North Melbourne had the bye round 13, Ben Brown has played every game this year
Of course, good point.

Forgot the bye rounds aren't just half the teams playing one week, half the next but in the same round.

imagev1b381c61e83a15a6b01e5798652066abc-wujp9h0i8zu9oygc0q2_ct677x380.jpg

Back