Opinion Who wins the Premiership? (Updated poll - Updated for Prelims))

Who wins the 2020 Flag - Prelim finals onward

• Port Adelaide

Votes: 36 10.3%
  • Brisbane Lions

Votes: 57 16.3%
  • Richmond Tigers

Votes: 154 44.1%
  • Geelong Cats

Votes: 102 29.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't remember a single media 'expert' tipping GWS last year, perhaps I'm wrong.

The GWS story and the big big sound memes were fun while they lasted, but anyone who previewed at the game objectively would have seen that they'd be overawed by the occasion/95k screaming Richmond fans, that the Pies prelim was their GF (just check out the celebrations) and that their 22 on the day were nowhere near it with Cogs and Ward missing and Whitfield and Davis unfit to play.
Of the 3 guys on Fox Footy before the game, 2 tipped GWS.

the poster for Gee is terrible
1*9IRSoaAZ8hZKgS7hahJdNw.png

0932153f00dd32550b76db546f427397
I'd say I've seen worse, but then I never looked at any for more than a millisecond apart from the likes of '73, '74, '80, '17 and '19 for some strange reason...

Last edited:
I hate the false underdog narrative.

Richmond were HEAVY favourite with very few tipping the Giants. No doubt everyone wanted the Giants to win though.
bs, i remember posting about it day of, that the whole week had felt like a gws hype fest and if you had no idea about the odds or form line of both teams you would have thought that gws were the heavy favourites.

yes we were favourites with the bookies but i clearly remember watching all the main footy shows during the week and most were tipping the giants. the channel 7 pre game was like 80-20 the giants way from all the people they had on throughout the day.

bs, i remember posting about it day of, that the whole week had felt like a gws hype fest and if you had no idea about the odds or form line of both teams you would have thought that gws were the heavy favourites.

yes we were favourites with the bookies but i clearly remember watching all the main footy shows during the week and most were tipping the giants. the channel 7 pre game was like 80-20 the giants way from all the people they had on throughout the day.
Spot on. I remember this. Probably more wishful thinking. Even though we had little love I was still very confident against the Giants. This time around I feel it could go any way and the team that is most switched on from the opening bounce and gets an early lead will be hard to reel in.

Spot on. I remember this. Probably more wishful thinking. Even though we had little love I was still very confident against the Giants. This time around I feel it could go any way and the team that is most switched on from the opening bounce and gets an early lead will be hard to reel in.

I’ll never understand this. The need to be the underdog, the need to have “everyone against us”

There’s some media tips. Heavily Richmond.

People were hyping the Giants because everyone knew Richmond were going to deliver on GF day. You are confusing hype and hope with actual predictions.

Anyway, build is hugely differently this year.

I provided actual evidence to counter your baseless claim and all you can do is dislike it?

Sorry, i just found that funny.

Admittedly, more fun to be a part of the GF build than watching it from the sidelines, regardless of who’s tipping what.

I’ll never understand this. The need to be the underdog, the need to have “everyone against us”

There’s some media tips. Heavily Richmond.

People were hyping the Giants because everyone knew Richmond were going to deliver on GF day. You are confusing hype and hope with actual predictions.

Anyway, build is hugely differently this year.
lol theres none of this ''needing to be an underdog'', im telling you how it was. but im sure you were that invested in the week AFTER your team got knocked out in the prelim, to tell me otherwise.

lol theres none of this ''needing to be an underdog'', im telling you how it was. but im sure you were that invested in the week AFTER your team got knocked out in the prelim, to tell me otherwise.

Any evidence?

80% of the media were tipping GWS. Shouldn’t be hard to find.

here’s more from my end.

Some more

To me you only remember media tipping against the Tigers because it hurt your feelings.

Or there’s some evidence of your claim. In which case I’ll offer a sincere apology.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any evidence?

here’s more from my end.

Some more

To me you only remember media tipping against the Tigers because it hurt your feelings.

Or there’s some evidence of your claim. In which case I’ll offer a sincere apology.
unless you can go back and watch the whole week leading up to the game...or the channel 7 pre game show. that was the main one, i remember feeling very confident until that pre game when everyone started tipping against us, i thought i was missing something. turns out they just all had no idea what they were talking about...or it was just more wishful thinking.

Any evidence?

here’s more from my end.

Some more

there was this aswell. although you probably dont read anything into a social media poll that any nuff can go and vote on

zzz.PNG

I was just scrolling afl news, ESPN tipped Geelong, all 3 of the Roar experts tipped Geelong, its almost difficult to find someone tipping Richmond

So under these rules, of which I am now aware having not previously known they existed, does that mean any of your opinions on, say, 2007’s AFL season are probably just fuzzy memories because your team was dismembered and buried beneath the MCG turf in round 6? That’s the logic I’m seeing.

So under these rules, of which I am now aware having not previously known they existed, does that mean any of your opinions on, say, 2007’s AFL season are probably just fuzzy memories because your team was dismembered and buried beneath the MCG turf in round 6? That’s the logic I’m seeing.
not really sure what your on about here mate 👍 or how that has anything to do with we were talking about

2020 gf round the corner, big game many possibilities, and you yobs talking abt 2019 faves?

Wake up. Focus you frickin morons.

Persecution complex is an important element of being a Richmond supporter.

It seems they honestly believe the narrative that everyone was tipping against them last year 😮

It happens, a lot of media tipped against Hawthorn during the threepeat era. The 2015 grand final was slightly different where many personalities tipped Hawthorn..... but not happily lol.

Back