Opinion Who wins the Premiership? (Updated poll - Updated for Prelims))

Who wins the 2020 Flag - Prelim finals onward

• Port Adelaide

Votes: 36 10.3%
  • Brisbane Lions

Votes: 57 16.3%
  • Richmond Tigers

Votes: 154 44.1%
  • Geelong Cats

Votes: 102 29.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If any non Victorian team gets a lopsided home game count put your money on them

Looking at any of GWS, BRIS, PORT or WCE

I'm expecting Vic teams to struggle big.

Surprised at the lack of excitement around St Kilda. 5-2, in fourth position and playing some of the most attractive football in the comp (highest score two weeks running). If we beat Adelaide and Freo as we should, a finals spot will be extremely likely.

I'm not saying we are going to win the Flag, but at this stage, we should at least be in the conversation.

Goes without saying this is an odd year - and there's still so many variable to play out. Assuming the season actually reaches a conclusion, whichever teams make the finals have got to be a better chance than previous year (without the prospect of home ground advantage etc). At this very early stage I think Brisbane look good but there's so much to unfold I couldnt discount over half the teams this year (I would discount melbourne and Adelaide for sure)

If any non Victorian team gets a lopsided home game count put your money on them

Looking at any of GWS, BRIS, PORT or WCE

I'm expecting Vic teams to struggle big.

Since returning from the shut down your team has defeated WCE, Adelaide & Freo (all looking like bottom 4 teams at the moment). Maybe defeat a contender before suggesting that Port are in flag contention.

I'm not sure home state advantage really applies considering Brisbane lost both finals at the Gabba last year.

The way things have gone I seriously don’t think top 4 is relevant - I think whoever brings a month or so of momentum into the finals will carry on and win it whether they’re a side who has to win 3 games or a side who has to win 4

The way things have gone I seriously don't give a sh-t.

Maybe defeat a contender before suggesting that Port are in flag contention.
Maybe support a team that isn't full of pea-hearts making excuses about it before commenting,,,

Maybe support a team that isn't full of pea-hearts making excuses about it before commenting,,,

2 Premiers in 3 season--- if that's a team "full of pea-hearts", what does that make the rest of the competition? :rolleyes:

Surprised at the lack of excitement around St Kilda. 5-2, in fourth position and playing some of the most attractive football in the comp (highest score two weeks running). If we beat Adelaide and Freo as we should, a finals spot will be extremely likely.

I'm not saying we are going to win the Flag, but at this stage, we should at least be in the conversation.
Have you been in a secret hub somewhere winning games we don't know about? ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Once finals time rolls around I'd still have Richmond as favourites to win it assuming they don't have too many injuries.

Their gamestyle still holds up in finals. Blew us out of the water last year.

Hopefully GWS or Gold Coast. Not a fan of either, but AFL house will find ways to keep their finger on the scale until there's an expansion club premiership. This year is a write off anyway so it's better than any other for a Giants or Suns flag.

2 Premiers in 3 season--- if that's a team "full of pea-hearts", what does that make the rest of the competition? :rolleyes:
No one cares about the past.

Team is full of people making excuses.

Absolute lottery.

Will be interested to see the finals model if we get there.

Due to the giant asterix that's going to be next this one, I'm happy the Swans are no chance.

Gold Coast would be good to see.

I kind of hope Essendon win it Stringer is my fav player. It would be disappointing if The Dockers won their first flag in these circumstances

Still don't rate Brisbane, haven't seen them getting it done against the big boys in any tough matches yet.

GWS for mine.
Hmmm yeah nah, who are these big boys you speak of? Only team the Lions have been unable to beat in the past 12 months are Richmond, in fact I was at the Gabba Rd22 when the Lions got it done against Geelong a tough one..

Hmmm yeah nah, who are these big boys you speak of? Only team the Lions have been unable to beat in the past 12 months are Richmond, in fact I was at the Gabba Rd22 when the Lions got it done against Geelong a tough one..
Who has Brisbane beaten away from home in the past 2 years?

Back