Opinion Who wins the Premiership? (Updated poll - Updated for Prelims))

Who wins the 2020 Flag - Prelim finals onward

• Port Adelaide

Votes: 36 10.3%
  • Brisbane Lions

Votes: 57 16.3%
  • Richmond Tigers

Votes: 154 44.1%
  • Geelong Cats

Votes: 102 29.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Huge game against Geelong, I think we are slight favourites although without Grimes worries me a bit.

The Richmond v Geelong match will be a very good insight into the favourite leading into finals. I think Richmond will pull apart Geelongs game. Just think of WBD 1st quarter over 4 quarters. That will be Richmond.

Although come finals, if Brisbane or Port (and to lesser extent WCE) play home finals with their young talent not being overwhelmed, and their senior players continue their quality seasons, it is wide open.

GWS and Collingwood are building too....

Wide open. But Richmond have earned the favourite tag.

I guess you could argue that if it's your home game you can do what you want with it. But I agree, it seriously cheapens the integrity of the competition (and I'm typing that with a straight face). Melbourne sold a home game to the Lions for 6 or 7 years straight - and it was always at the Gabba (except for one time when they played in Carrara).

Another case, Port Adelaide have played 10 games in Darwin (equal most with Melbourne and the Dogs who sold their games). But Port have always been the away team. We played a home game in Darwin - against Port. For a few years it was a sort of quasi-home game for Port.

If GWS and Collingwood are awakening you wouldn’t want to face them in the first week
Only watched the last half but it was horrid to watch. In the third I couldn't work out which was the worst side. Not being smart, but there were stanza's where every handball or kick from 20 to 50 missed targets or was dropped, fumbled or just shocking decision making, and Bruce thought it was a great minute of footy. Collingwood would need to get their top shelf players back and in form, if so they are always dangerous.

Lol you beat carlton.
True but you didn’t beat Carlton. Collingwood are playing average but the last two weeks have kept the opposition goalless in the second half. Not sure if that says anything to do with Collingwood or the quality of the opposition though

I don’t see it as a big deal. The Eagles has the cash to offer and North wanted it. It’s not as if it’s going to affect the outcome of the game anyway. Strange that it wasn’t accepted.
While I think under these exceptional circumstances, the AFL should probably say yes (the excess $$ matter right now), I can see why they'd be hesitant to set a precedent. What if North was contesting for a top 8 spot? Top 4? What if we're talking about a home prelim for North and WC decide to throw $2m on the table for it to be in Perth? This particular game might not mean much, but it could start a slippery slope.

So now that we know the GF will be played at the Gabba I think its going to be the Tigers. West Coast a good chance to make the GF as they'll likely get finals in Perth. Brisbane the smoky obviously but Port plays QLD well so will be in with a sniff. The rest are no chance

So now that we know the GF will be played at the Gabba I think its going to be the Tigers. West Coast a good chance to make the GF as they'll likely get finals in Perth. Brisbane the smoky obviously but Port plays QLD well so will be in with a sniff. The rest are no chance

I dont get this in regards to WC hosting finals if they earn the right. Isn't the whole reason teams have gone into Perth hubs the fact that your not allowed to fly in fly out into WA? Or is that just that the Perth teams cant fly in and out so the other teams go there so that the Perth teams dont have to leave?

Why did the Vic teams need to hub there? Why didnt they just fly in and fly out during the season? Why will this all of a sudden not be a problem once we get to finals?

Not trying to be funny just dont get whats going on if someone could help explain?

I dont get this in regards to WC hosting finals if they earn the right. Isn't the whole reason teams have gone into Perth hubs the fact that your not allowed to fly in fly out into WA? Or is that just that the Perth teams cant fly in and out so the other teams go there so that the Perth teams dont have to leave?

Why did the Vic teams need to hub there? Why didnt they just fly in and fly out during the season? Why will this all of a sudden not be a problem once we get to finals?

Not trying to be funny just dont get whats going on if someone could help explain?
I think WC would also be undergoing hotel quarantine restrictions

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think WC would also be undergoing hotel quarantine restrictions

What if WC host a QF final, win, then get to host the PF? they will be out of quarantine, but team flying in for PF would still be in quarantine. Can they play a team in quarantine if they are out?

What I cant really understand is say WC host the QF, or say a SF, then the team they have to play I assume will just fly in, be in quarantine for a couple of days then fly out as they might have a game the following week. If teams can do that in finals, why didn't teams just fly in and out of Perth the last 7 weeks? Why did we need teams to hub in Perth at all? If teams can't do that, and once they enter Perth the condition is that they must stay in quarantine in Perth for 2 weeks, then surely Perth cant host any finals regardless?

Port or Tigers. I just don't think WC have it in them this year. I still believe when they are up and running they are the best team. But don't see them doing that in QLD.
I assume you have watched the Eagles play right? :p

The fact you haven't done so well in QLD in the past is not something that can't be fixed in the next month. Surely it's mental, because you have played the best footy I've seen this year, and TBH (assuming Simpson has any motivational skill at all) you're still my pick.

Not sure why you didn't include Geelong either. Truncated, interrupted season surely made for a team of ageing stars.

Given either Richmond or West Coast miss the top 4, rankings are as follows:

Port and Geelong
----------------------------
Rich and West Coast
Brisbane

Noone else can win it.

Given either Richmond or West Coast miss the top 4, rankings are as follows:

Port and Geelong
Rich and West Coast
Brisbane

Noone else can win it.

if Richmond beat Geelong and WCE win remaining games then Geelong will miss top 4.

Apparently preliminary finals to be played in Brisbane as well.

I want to see Tigers bring that manic pressure to see if Geelong back line can hold up. Geelong are a quality team and their comeback against Dogs should not be taken lightly.However, come game time against major contenders they have failed one against Eagles( Probably top 2-3 for game of the season) and will see how they go against Tigers. If Tigers drop 10% intensity, they will lose against Cats. It will be interesting cuz by then Eagles have already played Bombers, Dog
I assume you have watched the Eagles play right? :p

The fact you haven't done so well in QLD in the past is not something that can't be fixed in the next month. Surely it's mental, because you have played the best footy I've seen this year, and TBH (assuming Simpson has any motivational skill at all) you're still my pick.

Not sure why you didn't include Geelong either. Truncated, interrupted season surely made for a team of ageing stars.

in QLD are you referring to Gabba alone?? considering GF is at the Gabba that is all i care instead of Metricon.I suggest you go and do a simple search to see how Eagles track at the Gabba. You will look silly once you find out the result.

Will have a better gauge on it after we play the cats. I think at this stage it's still anyone's in the top 8. All have shown this season/last season that they can play. Port will be very dangerous at home if they get a final there. Teams wouldn't want to play the Gws or Pies come finals time, will be better than their ladder position shows. Very keen to see how it plays out. If I had to make a call, I'd say it's between us, cats and weagles.

Back