Opinion Who wins the Premiership? (Updated poll - Updated for Prelims))

Who wins the 2020 Flag - Prelim finals onward

• Port Adelaide

Votes: 36 10.3%
  • Brisbane Lions

Votes: 57 16.3%
  • Richmond Tigers

Votes: 154 44.1%
  • Geelong Cats

Votes: 102 29.2%

• Total voters
Oct 3, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Surely WCE have to be clear favourites, they just got a run of 6 games in a row at their home ground and only have to travel twice for the entire season. Softest draw in the history of AFL.

n.b >> this should be read in sarcasm font.

Karim Abdul Yeo

Cancelled
Jul 30, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
West Coast game plan fell apart under Richmond pressure

not sure they can beat them

If Tigers play the same game against your mob and you end up winning then I would tip Geelong for the flag. The problem is if they bring that game plan, you will also most likely lose with similar margin. Hope to see a great contest between Cats and Tigers.

Karim Abdul Yeo

Cancelled
Jul 30, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
I am still expecting Port Adelaide to s**t the bed in last few games and probably see Lions drop a game to Pies which would potentially allo all Port, Cats, richmond and Eagles in the top.

That would be the funniest thing ever, Gabba announced as GF venue, nekminit, Lions finish 5th on the ladder.

noyer

Draftee
Sep 2, 2020
AFL Club
Melbourne
Probably Richmond.
Very decent record at the host stadium.
Solid foundation that can run of pure confidence.
Would like to make up for 2018 by going back to back.

Jul 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles, Lakers, Bayern, Trojans
Prestia won the club B&F last year in a premiership year so yeah I'd say he's in our very best players category..
Luckily for Richmond they have good depth in midfield. WC midfield depth are untried youngsters

Feb 9, 2009
Footscray
AFL Club
Richmond
If Tigers play the same game against your mob and you end up winning then I would tip Geelong for the flag. The problem is if they bring that game plan, you will also most likely lose with similar margin. Hope to see a great contest between Cats and Tigers.
with the way we are playing atm who knows what we will bring. sure we turned up against your lot and brisbane, but then we get spankde by hawthorn, gws, and turn in that performance agaisnt freo after our best game of the year. not sold we can play the 5-6 weeks of consistently good footy that we will need to from here to win.

Aug 27, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Royals & Subi
True but they look unsettled, harassed and pressured all night.
Tigers have their number I think

Tactics against Naitanui was the curve call in that game. West Coast need to win the CBD to beat Richmond. Soldo and Nank ran past the ball all game, would expect it to happen twice. Naitanui will adjust and umpires will get wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tactics against Naitanui was the curve call in that game. West Coast need to win the CBD to beat Richmond. Soldo and Nank ran past the ball all game, would expect it to happen twice. Naitanui will adjust and umpires will get wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and I’d be confident we wouldn’t go 4 up against 1 in a marking contest in our d50 again

ridiculous amount of goals conceded that way

footy75

Premiership Player
Jun 4, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Richmond, Geelong, West Coast and now Brisbane because they will stay at home.

One of those 4.... flip a coin.

Coach_Required

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 19, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool & Boston Celtics
Now that we know where the finals will be played I think the GF will be between Geelong & Port Adelaide.

I don't think Richmond can win it from 5th, West Coast won't win back to back away finals and I still have my doubts on Brisbane especially if they come up against Geelong.

On SM-G980F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
I have a question.

If WC earn a home final, it can only be played in Perth in the first week. As it stands currently, with the hard border in WA.

But if WC were to earn a home final in the second week or third week, would they have the option to play it in SA rather than Queensland?

Hank Heavenly

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Apr 10, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
East Fremantle
I have a question.

If WC earn a home final, it can only be played in Perth in the first week. As it stands currently, with the hard border in WA.

But if WC were to earn a home final in the second week or third week, would they have the option to play it in SA rather than Queensland?
Sounds about right...

I think the bye before rd1 of finals allows team to meet quarantine times, where theres not enough time between rd1 and rd2 for example for that to happen.

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
Sounds about right...

I think the bye before rd1 of finals allows team to meet quarantine times, where theres not enough time between rd1 and rd2 for example for that to happen.
If WC earn a home final in second week or third week, but can't play it in Perth, they should take it to SA instead of Queensland. Unless it's against Port, obviously.

Of course, that depends on finishing top four, which may still be a long shot.

From afl.com...

The pre-finals bye means that if the Eagles earn the right to a home final in week one, they'll be able to get to Perth, as well as their opponents, and quarantine in time for a match at Optus Stadium. From there it gets tricky, with AFL chief executive Gillon McLachlan all but shutting the door on an Eagles home preliminary final being in the west. Due to their record in Queensland this year, the Eagles should consider taking their opponents to Adelaide in weeks two or three if they're the 'home' side given the borders from Queensland to SA are open for business. Remember Luke Shuey's match-winner in the 2017 elimination final?

Last edited:

roacheee

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Aug 25, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
If GWS and Collingwood are awakening you wouldn’t want to face them in the first week
ca0ef80929bd8af86f6a9c61b521a387.png

Back