Opinion Who wins the Premiership? (Updated poll - Updated for Prelims))

Who wins the 2020 Flag - Prelim finals onward

• Port Adelaide

Votes: 36 10.3%
  • Brisbane Lions

Votes: 57 16.3%
  • Richmond Tigers

Votes: 154 44.1%
  • Geelong Cats

Votes: 102 29.2%

• Total voters
Maybe the Cats could learn a thing or two from the way the Tiges go about it.
Four preliminary finals. Two flags, favorite for a third. Three consecutive years of over 100,000 members.
Obviously doing something right

I'll give you the others, not sure how much I'd brag about the members though, a third of your membership jumped on the bandwagon after 2017s premiership and they'll probably jump right off again after a few lean years.

You know what I mean, 2017 i sure saw a lot of Bulldogs 2017 membership stickers driving around western suburbs of Melbourne, don't see many now, a few might have been covered by Tiger stickers.

Maylandsman

🐯EAT ‘EM ALIVE🐯
Oct 22, 2017
By the Seaside
AFL Club
Richmond
I'll give you the others, not sure how much I'd brag about the members though, a third of your membership jumped on the bandwagon after 2017s premiership and they'll probably jump right off again after a few lean years.

You know what I mean, 2017 i sure saw a lot of Bulldogs 2017 membership stickers driving around western suburbs of Melbourne, don't see many now, a few might have been covered by Tiger stickers.
So we haven’t had 100k+ for three consecutive years then? Asking for a friend.

May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond

We didn't win a flag last year, and in covid affected 2020 still managed 100 thousand.

We didn't win a flag last year, and in covid affected 2020 still managed 100 thousand.
Did I imagine you thumping GWS in a Grand Final, tell me if you didn't win last years flag who did?

Not sure if you're trying to be deliberately obtuse, but if you're really proud to say "hey a third of our memberships are a bunch of fair weather band wagoners, aren't we great", well then who am i to take that away from you.

May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Did I imagine you thumping GWS in a Grand Final, tell me if you didn't win last years flag who did?

Not sure if you're trying to be deliberately obtuse, but if you're really proud to say "hey a third of our memberships are a bunch of fair weather band wagoners, aren't we great", well then who am i to take that away from you.
Meant to say 2018.

May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
I agree. Tigers are a great team. I just don’t like flooding and limited skills (besides Dusty of course).
AFL has gone from a game of skill to a game of athletes. It’s sad.

To those saying that the Tigers play with no skill, I say you have little to no idea about either football or the Tigers.

Players such as:
Martin
Edwards
Lynch
Riewoldt
Cotchin
Houli
Grimes
Bolton
Vlaustin
Short

say hi!!

Maybe footy fan can list the Geelong skilful players for comparison

May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Worked a treat ? Cameron kicked theee goals . Grimes was off the ground fir one of them , another was from a turnover up the Field that Superman ( Balta ??!!!) himself couldn’t defend ! Soz but Cameron got very lucky and the stats flatter him from that game .
Brisbane gave already played their GF .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Wasn't just about three goals for Cameron and flattering stats, it was Grimes being taken up the ground stopping him from peeling of his man and playing the intercept roll he usually does to perfection.

Dimma mentioned it in the presser. As I said, Fagan went early and it won't happen again.

Royce Hafey

Premiership Player
Mar 6, 2013
Point Cook
AFL Club
Richmond
Your footy knowledge is off the scale! You discovered the secret in Richmond’s success! Sorcery! They are able to both flood the back line and apply pressure-and being no1 in the league in scoring goals form forward half turnovers- at the forward line! At the same time! Being in two places at once! Like Schrodinger's cat!

Amazing, just amazing!
Correction: Schrodinger's tiger. Schrodinger's cat was a Geelong fan. He was there during the home and away and mysteriously disappeared during finals.

CarnTheScray

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2019
Ballarat
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Bookmarked? LOL mate this is the first time I've been in this thread for 3 weeks so it was only a scroll down.

What's sad is you also sitting on the same footy forum reading a thread your club is no longer involved in.

And you're the one mentioning nothing better to do? Hilarious.

On SM-G980F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Its called a notification. Its in the top right corner of the webpage.

You still didn't answer my question. Do you have anything better to do?

Sep 18, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Tipping Geelong due to their form at the Gabba this season. They've been quite impressive there.
Beat Saints by 59, Essendon by 66, Collingwood by 68 and today Brisbane by 40.
Richmond haven't played the best there this season, the Suns and Swans games there were pretty tight contests and lost to Brissy in the QF.
Would be tipping Richmond if it was anywhere else (apart from GMHBA lol).

Feb 18, 2017
Wurundjeri Land
AFL Club
Richmond
I actually think Richmond have quite a lot of skill with underrated players like Edwards, Lambert and Bolton tapping and handballing accurately to teammates at speed, then Vlaustin and Nankervis and Grimes and Broad seem to read the play perfectly and mark everything near them. Yes they tackle like madmen and run hard and fast, that is athleticism not talent. But some of it is pure finesse, although no-one outside of Richmond rates these players
Thank you.

I feel like some of these posters that say they can’t enjoy watching the current Richmond style of play are feeling sentimental for a style of play that was superseded years ago.

The Richmond style is chaotic but to me it is more fun to watch than the slower game plans that put a great emphasis on maintaining possession.

And I’m not just saying that because I barrack for Richmond, I like it when other teams play a fast instinctive sort of football, too.

For me, win, lose or draw, watching Shane Edwards = happiness.

Stan16

Team Captain
Jul 2, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
I feel like Brisbane has blown a massive chance here.

The home GF is massive advantage and it's a once in a 100 year event.. winning premierships is difficult in Melbourne.

1980GFVideo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2004
Heidelberg
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond

That is the complete opposite of what we were renowned for before success

That we pulled crowds and supporters despite some of the most shitful years of football was part of the clubs enigma.

Back