Opinion Who wins the Premiership? (Updated poll - Updated for Prelims))

Who wins the 2020 Flag - Prelim finals onward

• Port Adelaide

Votes: 36 10.3%
  • Brisbane Lions

Votes: 57 16.3%
  • Richmond Tigers

Votes: 154 44.1%
  • Geelong Cats

Votes: 102 29.2%

• Total voters

Dr Awkward

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 23, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
Geelong will obviously be very tough but I think our two big forwards will cause some headaches and now with Prestia in form we a have Bolton and Edwards drifting forward which is dangerous.

WCE Wizard

Premiership Player
Jun 14, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
The Gabba is the same size as the G. Suits us fine. Ratogolea saved Geelong from a 10 goal loss against us recently. He won’t be playing it seems. I’ll back our pressure game 100%. Danger and Geelong struggle with it
You guys owned them in that last game and kept them to 1 goal to 3 quarter time. It it will take some performance to beat Richmond system

WCE Wizard

Premiership Player
Jun 14, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Thank you.

I feel like some of these posters that say they can’t enjoy watching the current Richmond style of play are feeling sentimental for a style of play that was superseded years ago.

The Richmond style is chaotic but to me it is more fun to watch than the slower game plans that put a great emphasis on maintaining possession.

And I’m not just saying that because I barrack for Richmond, I like it when other teams play a fast instinctive sort of football, too.

For me, win, lose or draw, watching Shane Edwards = happiness.
Shai Bolton and Edwards are delightful players to watch. They are highly skilled, Bolton in particular can kick goals and has supreme vision. Richmond will take some beating

May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
2010, 36,00.....2020.....100,000 .....bandwagoners.
Name a side that hasn't increased since 2010, and name a side who doesn't increase after a flag?
The Richmond "bandwagon" rubbish is just a myth by salty jealous opposition supporters.

Eagles 2010, 44,000..... 2019, pre flag and Optus access, 90,000.... 2020, 100,000, two team town post flag, needing access to Optus stadium.... bandwagoners?

Dec 18, 2005
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Yes for sure. Tigers game is v hard to crack and they deserve favouritism
Having said that i think we are advantaged by the game being at the Gabba instead of the MCG.
I give us an even chance

gabba is the opposite to kardinia. It’s the same size as the G but even wider. We’ve lost there once in 15 years. Think we’ll have more room to run

The GOAT

Club Legend
Aug 28, 2007
Earth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yes a tough one for Hawks fans
Obviously don't want Geelong to win but on the other hand if Tigers win they are in conversation for best team AFL era.

Not sure where they land

I am fully behind Geelong, please win. Most I know seem to be going for Richmond though.

Feb 9, 2009
Footscray
AFL Club
Richmond
So either Martin, Riewoldt, Cotchin and co become triple premiership players or Dangerfield's chest will be puffed out even further than what it already is for the next twelve months?

Can't they both lose?
you saying martin doesnt deserve 3 flags? if we win theres a high chance he wins the norm smith and probably the gary aeyres(?) medal too, and with 3 norm smiths and 3 of the gary medal, theres a good objective argument that he's the best finals player theres ever been. you cant begrudge a player of that quality success. especially since for the last 6 or so years hes been totally clean off field, and doesnt have the smug arrogance of players like dangerfield to hate.

Back