Opinion Who wins the Premiership? (Updated poll - Updated for Prelims))

Who wins the 2020 Flag - Prelim finals onward

• Port Adelaide

Votes: 36 10.3%
  • Brisbane Lions

Votes: 57 16.3%
  • Richmond Tigers

Votes: 154 44.1%
  • Geelong Cats

Votes: 102 29.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I like Brisbane and GWS's chances given that they're bound to get a heap of home games for much of the rest of the season and that should be a big advantage.

TBH though this season seems ripe for a Dogs like charge given that everyone's been prone to one or two stinkers and so many sides having to go into hubs. Having that long break after one round doesn't help.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
I like Brisbane and GWS's chances given that they're bound to get a heap of home games for much of the rest of the season and that should be a big advantage.
GWS haven't played the Perth teams yet, so they will likely be sent to the WA hub for a few weeks. Probably unlikely that WC and Freo will be sent back to the east coast again to play the Giants.

Dr Awkward

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 23, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
Brisbane are playing well but I don't think their ceiling as a team is high enough, once finals come around.

I reckon it's between West Coast, GWS and Bulldogs.

Not sure the Tiges can do it this year

PCORF

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2007
AFL Club
Adelaide
I hope the Lions roar in 2020. Geelong, GWS Giants, Port and Richmond always a chance as well, depends on their ladder finish.

Du_key

Debutant
Feb 21, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Brisbane are playing well but I don't think their ceiling as a team is high enough, once finals come around.

I reckon it's between West Coast, GWS and Bulldogs.

Not sure the Tiges can do it this year

Each to their own, but I'd say the complete opposite - our ceiling is well good enough to win a premiership. It's the unknown of if we have the big moment players, the ability to withstand 4 qtr finals pressure and the smarts to find a "plan B" at short notice (GWS forward entries in 4th quarter last year).

GWS and Collingwood scare me and I'd put them 1/2. The doggies are a good team but if we play well and break even in the midfield I'd back our forwards and backs to get the job done. I'd have us in the next tier 3/4/5 with Geelong, Richmond - and the doggies slightly behind at this stage.

4THAWN

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Definitely too early to tell

If I had a gun held to my head I'd have to choose either Richmond or Brisbane but even then we've hardly seen enough from either side this year to stamp them as premiership favourites.

Back