Opinion Who wins the Premiership? (Updated poll - Updated for Prelims))

Who wins the 2020 Flag - Prelim finals onward

• Port Adelaide

Votes: 36 10.3%
  • Brisbane Lions

Votes: 57 16.3%
  • Richmond Tigers

Votes: 154 44.1%
  • Geelong Cats

Votes: 102 29.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

There’s a few there. Shows the depth you have. Who goes out from today’s side for them and are Westoff and Motlop best 22 anymore?
My guess would be

Rozee comes in for Woodcock
Ebert comes in for Sutcliffe
Motlop unlucky but 23 doesn't fit into 22.
Marshall and Georgiadis only both play if we go with one ruck
Westhoff is probably done unless another tall gets injured
Burton comes in for Lienert

The way Port are playing is not sustainable. They will run out of petrol tickets in the finals and go out in straight sets. Watch this space!!
There is maybe the risk that they are peaking a little early, tonight even as a mental effort would have taken a lot out, they couldn't have been much better tonight apart from goal kicking, but effort and application and pressure thats as good as they get. It happened to us in 2018, very hard to maintain that level from midseason all through finals, but time will tell.

Apart from the fact that I think we might be peaking too early in the season.....
Which way are we playing that's unsustainable, actually?
Or is this an attempt to just make a prediction without substance?
Trust me, at some point you want to lose a game as a needed kick up the ass before finals. Its a good thing, you will come out flat and get done, and it will completely refresh the motivation and reiterate what's required. Very hard for the team to mentally be "up" every week and bring that level of effort.

My guess would be

Rozee comes in for Woodcock
Ebert comes in for Sutcliffe
Motlop unlucky but 23 doesn't fit into 22.
Marshall and Georgiadis only both play if we go with one ruck
Westhoff is probably done unless another tall gets injured
Burton comes in for Lienert
Some nice little upgrades there.
Rozee, Ebert and Burton.

The way Port are playing is not sustainable. They will run out of petrol tickets in the finals and go out in straight sets. Watch this space!!

Agreed, it's a marathon not a sprint. They've hardly managed the team during this 2-3 week period as well

1. voted the greatest moment by freo supporters..Kicket king hitting Read which freo scum has celebrated for 20 years..fact

2. freo have drafetd/traded 3 well known druggies in the last few years..hogan, yarren and bennel..spare me your imaginary drug morality

25 years of embarrassing failure has made seriously unhinged..go back to your board and spout your endless endless excuses and conspiracy theories lightweight

iTs AlL mArGeTtS FaUlt aND wE WiLl NevEr loSE anOthER DeRbY
You are also speaking Ill of the dead as Shane Yarran passed away.

The location of finals/grand final makes a huge difference on who should be favs. If all finals were played in Perth the eagles should be hot favs. If its a Qld /SA finals series with a Gabba grand final then Id still have Brisbane just favs over Port.

Richmond struggle to make the top 4 from here. May have to win out, certainly cant afford any slip ups against GC, Essendon, Freo, Adelaide. The Geelong and West Coast games are huge. Atleast we got through the harder run with no injuries, hopefully fielded the weakest team we will see for the rest of the season tonight.

If port play at their best for 3 finals in a row they could win it. They are a bit hot and cold though.

I still think Richmond are the most likely to play 4 good games in a row come finals time. Don't think they need to be top 4 to win it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If port play at their best for 3 finals in a row they could win it. They are a bit hot and cold though.

I still think Richmond are the most likely to play 4 good games in a row come finals time. Don't think they need to be top 4 to win it.
Besides the double chance with all finals likely to be in Queensland anyway I don’t think top 4 is as important this year with home finals null and void besides Brisbane. If we can get our best team back on the park I think our best is still the best in the comp. Could definitely see us winning 4 in a row to win it. Long way to go however.

Richmond
Port
Brisbane
West coast

whoever has the momentum in October, will win it. All 4 on their day could win it. Injuries, form and luck will determine who wins it.

Disagree, Lions had plenty of momentum in 2019, but went out in straight sets. Experience is crucial as is winning clutch moments. Injuries is a given.

Tigers and Eagles have plenty of runs on the board here. Then Lions given the QLD factor, then Port.

Besides the double chance with all finals likely to be in Queensland anyway I don’t think top 4 is as important this year with home finals null and void besides Brisbane. If we can get our best team back on the park I think our best is still the best in the comp. Could definitely see us winning 4 in a row to win it. Long way to go however.

Its not as long as you think, probably about a couple of months away, maybe much less given the fixture arrangements.

I think Richmond will have key players primed for finals again. It could be an interesting series.

Disagree, Lions had plenty of momentum in 2019, but went out in straight sets. Experience is crucial as is winning clutch moments. Injuries is a given.

Tigers and Eagles have plenty of runs on the board here. Then Lions given the QLD factor, then Port.
They didn’t have momentum when it mattered, who ever has momentum in finals will win it. Look at the bulldogs, them winning it alone completely destroys your argument

The key is timing your run, Richmond worked that one out in 2018 after being top all year.

You can play the best all year, it means nothing if you aren't playing your best in the finals series.

They didn’t have momentum when it mattered, who ever has momentum in finals will win it. Look at the bulldogs, them winning it alone completely destroys your argument

Lions had plenty of momentum, unfortunately copped Richmond, the worst opponent to have got in Week 1.

One team in the history of the game. Well aside from the Crows in 98 which was a completely different era and game. 5 consecutive traveling interstate games to win the flag.

Destroys and annihilates your argument completely.

Port have not had proven winning finals experience.

The key is timing your run, Richmond worked that one out in 2018 after being top all year.

You can play the best all year, it means nothing if you aren't playing your best in the finals series.

The Tigers flag of 2019 was one of the greatest, given what they had endured in 2019 with injuries and 2018 with the Pies Prelim.

Crows of 2017, absolute red hot momentum going into a GF, then shitting itself. Mind you with all due respect to this being bandied around, leading at QT and down by 9pts at HT, is not exactly shitting itself as many have posted.

Lions had plenty of momentum, unfortunately copped Richmond, the worst opponent to have got in Week 1.

One team in the history of the game. Well aside from the Crows in 98 which was a completely different era and game. 5 consecutive traveling interstate games to win the flag.

Destroys and annihilates your argument completely.

Port have not had proven winning finals experience.
Your whole argument is stupid, you’re aware that there are so many teams that have won it with minimal finals experience right?

recently? No, but off the top of my head, bulldogs, Geelong 2007, Crows 97, etc. It’s a game of football, past results mean nothing when the ball is bounced. If you’re the best team you’ll win.

As I said, whoever has the best injuries, form and momentum in October out of Richmond, port, Brisbane and west coast will win it

Back