Opinion Who wins the Premiership? (Updated poll - Updated for Prelims))

Who wins the 2020 Flag - Prelim finals onward

• Port Adelaide

Votes: 36 10.3%
  • Brisbane Lions

Votes: 57 16.3%
  • Richmond Tigers

Votes: 154 44.1%
  • Geelong Cats

Votes: 102 29.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Really think about what you're saying and come again.

It evens out.
It doesn’t though. You’re saying you have to travel to their home field to play your home games, it’s not like you play at the MCG once a season like us last year, your lot would be pretty familiar with those Victorian fields.

Before Covid-19 I would have said Richmond.

I would have to say currently, GWS look the most settled team and I believe they will go all the way. It would also be interesting if they got home ground advantage in the Grand Final if the game was moved from the MCG to ANZ with the worsening rate of infections in Victoria.

My smokey and possible opponent for GWS would be Footscray. Fairly quick side, strong key forward in Bruce. Team has previous Grand Final experience.

Way to early for predictions everybody was saying pies or tigers last month and the 2 looses was a reality check of the season unpredictable both in the hunt to tho injuries aside .Results up in the air anybody capable beating anyone besides crows.Lions did well ,but away from home will be there test ,port we get this early form then fade,gws come good last couple weeks,eagles maybe the win will wake them up.

Depends almost entirely on where the final series and grand final are held. If there are no more games in Victoria this season, it will be an interstate team. I'll pick Brisbane, though I wouldn't write West Coast off yet.

Who do you think will win it all in 2020?

I’m predicting Collingwood/Richmond to finish top and play against west coast who will finish 4th.
The grand final to be played at Optus due to covid with west coast winning by plenty (40 pts).
I predict also that not one Victorian will mention or write on bf home ground being an advantage to west coast in the final as it is fair🤪.

In order from most likely for me are GWS, Richmond, West Coast, Collingwood, Brisbane, Geelong, Port Adelaide, Hawthorn, Bulldogs... daylight.

In a shortened season, I still feel Geelong and Hawthorn are smokeys as a last roll of the dice premiership. However, we must remember:

Delusional would be more apt

Tigers are cooked
It's a weird season. As s**t as some teams have been playing, the Tiges for example are horribly out of form, a win this week could put them 3rd if other results fall that way.

I think its just so early to be writing off teams, its not a normal year where the good teams are clear cut, so many teams will go in and out of form as they adjust to hubs, rescheduled games and other disruptions, I could easily see one of the usual contenders just winning enough to make finals and then elevating at the right time to win 4 finals in a row. I think the flag will come from a team that's had minimal disruption through the season though, so probably not a Victorian side if they spend the remainder of the season outside VIC.

If we even get to that point

Hawks will have had 1 MCG home game by the end of Round 7 and havent met Crows, Blues, Dockers, Suns, Demons yet.

Im assuming we come home pretty strong. As long as Andrews fixes the bloody COVID issues
Come back as scheduled it's 2 week quarentine plus 2 weeks more before allowing to go interstate.
Vic teams aren't playing in Melbourne till Rd 12-13 minimum. Even then might need to delay.
My guess is no more games in Melbourne this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmmm yeah nah, who are these big boys you speak of? Only team the Lions have been unable to beat in the past 12 months are Richmond, in fact I was at the Gabba Rd22 when the Lions got it done against Geelong a tough one..

It's been more than 12 months, Brisbane hasn't beaten Richmond since Rd 7, 2009.

I don't see that streak ending unless half our team is out when we play you.

It's been more than 12 months, Brisbane hasn't beaten Richmond since Rd 7, 2009.

I don't see that streak ending unless half our team is out when we play you.
If it's been that long then the victory will taste even sweeter..

Hawks will have had 1 MCG home game by the end of Round 7 and havent met Crows, Blues, Dockers, Suns, Demons yet.

Im assuming we come home pretty strong. As long as Andrews fixes the bloody COVID issues
Typical Hawthorn arrogance. Have played outside Victoria once and got smashed.
Freo haven't played 1 game in WA yet.
As Hawthorn probably won't be playing any more games in Victoria and Freo will be playing mostly in WA, I will back Freo to finish higher than Hawks

Brisbane. A heap of home games due to teams playing in QLD, three genuine away games vs NSW teams and Hawks in Melbourne round 1, with the remainder of 'away' games played in neutral territory (Vic teams in NSW).

Sounds like we've got the standard Richmond draw.

You'd better hope Ablett misses this week mate or we'll send him into retirement. Seriously that's how much of a reality check the experience would be for gramps
Hard to play against the big boys when we are the only big boys 🕴
Seems like the Brisbane Babies aren't big boys after all and still haven't grown out of their nappies. Gazza only two goals tonight, big reality check for gramps.

I'd get used to these sorts of performances if I were you, you won't be winning many games outside Queensland. Sad.

Seems like the Brisbane Babies aren't big boys after all and still haven't grown out of their nappies. Gazza only two goals tonight, big reality check for gramps.

I'd get used to these sorts of performances if I were you, you won't be winning many games outside Queensland. Sad.
We didn't even try after the 2nd quarter son. Only 27 point win with 2 more scoring shots was kinda of sad...

Back