Opinion Who wins the Premiership? (Updated poll - Updated for Prelims))

Who wins the 2020 Flag - Prelim finals onward

• Port Adelaide

Votes: 36 10.3%
  • Brisbane Lions

Votes: 57 16.3%
  • Richmond Tigers

Votes: 154 44.1%
  • Geelong Cats

Votes: 102 29.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon it'll be a Brisbane v Richmond grand final. Port to lose tomorrow and both Brisbane and Richmond win week one. As for who wins - I think Brisbane will win similar to the 2008 Hawks.
How many games have you had at the GABBA this year?

How many games have you had at the GABBA this year?

We've played interstate/North Qld four times - two times less than Richmond did in the H&A last year. The alternative was the season getting cancelled - what's your preference?

We've played interstate/North Qld four times - two times less than Richmond did in the H&A last year. The alternative was the season getting cancelled - what's your preference?
Geez it was a simple question.

Just like last year Richmond are the top side and there are not many sides that will beat them QLD in IMO. Would take an off day for Richmond not win it I think like the 2018 PF. It would be a boss move for Richmond to have a home final against Brisbane and playing at the Gabba seeing as their record is so good there.

Just like last year Richmond are the top side and there are not many sides that will beat them QLD in IMO. Would take an off day for Richmond not win it I think like the 2018 PF. It would be a boss move for Richmond to have a home final against Brisbane and playing at the Gabba seeing as their record is so good there.

It would be a boss move for anyone to pick the Gabba as a home venue against Brisbane in a prelim. The backfire if it doesn't come off though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everything I've seen now tells me a full strength Richmond is a cut above the rest. That's in the most likely scenarios if the games were played again and again, however just like 2018, an off night could see that come undone.
Have to be the strong favourites here though, they'll have Lynch, Bolton and Prestia back in for finals week 1.

And with that Geelong win, it's almost certainly not gonna be Port Adelaide.

The irony bit for me would be if PA win tomorrow, they would be top, and if finals went according to rankings, we would end up playing a GF at our opponents home ground. So, one little bit of normality in a screwed up crazy year.

And with that Geelong win, it's almost certainly not gonna be Port Adelaide.

The irony bit for me would be if PA win tomorrow, they would be top, and if finals went according to rankings, we would end up playing a GF at our opponents home ground. So, one little bit of normality in a screwed up crazy year.
Not sure understand link bw Geelong winning and ports chances

Everything I've seen now tells me a full strength Richmond is a cut above the rest. That's in the most likely scenarios if the games were played again and again, however just like 2018, an off night could see that come undone.
Have to be the strong favourites here though, they'll have Lynch, Bolton and Prestia back in for finals week 1.
Yes agree

Yes agree
Juss / Gavin Excell. Agree. Watched every Lions game and for me Richmond the best by a fair way. I live in Sydney and it was a small footy fest for a while and I was one of the lucky 800 that was at Cats / Lions at the SCG. We were very good for 2.5 qtrs and crap for 1.5. This needs to be fixed. Richmond are best for mine. Geelong we put 4 qtrs together and we are a chance. Port good but too small in their backline if we get it down to Hippy and O but finals anything can happen. Then Eagles pretty good too and never underestimate any finals team. Eagles supporters though are the biggest sulks and whingers on the planet. They have something against the Lions then we keep beating them which is so enjoyable for us, Salty bunch.

Who knows.
Never far from my memory is 2018 where we were on top and about two minutes into the prelim knew we were ****ed.

Back